Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

Yo PJ. are you doin autos? I start keeping track of thedate when I do my flip to 12/12

Ps. Beato your buds look voluptuous! :)

No, no auto's for me .. I like to play in veg ;)

No, no auto's for me .. I like to play in veg ;)

Yea me too. So definitely count when you switch to 12/12. Some folks like to run a 36hour dark period. If you do too. I would start counting when the lights come on as day 1

I just went up and started to do a little soil mixing for my next grow.... I just realized I bought enough perlite to last for several years! Don't order a specific weight over the phone unless you know what you're getting! According to how much perlite I have now it's obvious that perlite weighs somewhat less than HELIUM!! :) Oh well... better to have more than I need.
Also, I noticed that my Lemon Kush and my Haze are turning yellow seriously fast. I'm a bit concerned since this has only happened since I did that straight water flush. I have not watered again since they are still very heavy. What concerns me is that I'm still not seeing a single amber trichome and now I'm wondering if my plants are going to die before they go amber?? :Namaste:

I just went up and started to do a little soil mixing for my next grow.... I just realized I bought enough perlite to last for several years! Don't order a specific weight over the phone unless you know what you're getting! According to how much perlite I have now it's obvious that perlite weighs somewhat less than HELIUM!! :) Oh well... better to have more than I need.
Also, I noticed that my Lemon Kush and my Haze are turning yellow seriously fast. I'm a bit concerned since this has only happened since I did that straight water flush. I have not watered again since they are still very heavy. What concerns me is that I'm still not seeing a single amber trichome and now I'm wondering if my plants are going to die before they go amber?? :Namaste:

LMAO B re: the perlite! :yahoo:

I think you should be ok re: the yellowing as this is normal at the end stage as the plant is translocating and using up all of it's stored nutrients. I'm venturing to postulate that your ladies are just waving their arms high to say 'Hey keeper B, here we come down the stretch to the finish line' - like any other excited child would want Mom and Dad to see them do their thing! :) I think KJC also mentioned that 80+% pistils turning amber/orange can also signal completeness even if the triches have not yet ambered. Getting exciting brother! Awesome sauce, hehe
Cheers B

:high-five: :bravo: :cheer:

My Blue Kush is also doing the yellowing you are describing. It is probably just nearing the end of it's life, seems normal since almost all the pistils are red at this point so don't worry too much!

LMAO B re: the perlite! :yahoo:

I think you should be ok re: the yellowing as this is normal at the end stage as the plant is translocating and using up all of it's stored nutrients. I'm venturing to postulate that your ladies are just waving their arms high to say 'Hey keeper B, here we come down the stretch to the finish line' - like any other excited child would want Mom and Dad to see them do their thing! :) I think KJC also mentioned that 80+% pistils turning amber/orange can also signal completeness even if the triches have not yet ambered. Getting exciting brother! Awesome sauce, hehe
Cheers B

:high-five: :bravo: :cheer:

"translocating"... OK.. now you're just makin' shit up!! lol Exciting.... oh yeah!! :) Thanks for the good words brother. :Namaste:

My Blue Kush is also doing the yellowing you are describing. It is probably just nearing the end of it's life, seems normal since almost all the pistils are red at this point so don't worry too much!

Stealthboat... I believe you're right. You know... it's much easier to do this when I have so many of you guys giving me the confidence I need to know I'm making the right choices! No way in hell are several of you all wrong!! :)

Howdy BEATEO,
Wanted to publicly thank you for all the help you've selflessly given.
Post#565 had me laughing. Guesstimating weight/volume is always hard. As you said, better to have some extra, than be wanting.
Koszonom szepen.

Ranger, You're too kind! Thank you.
Ön szívesen látott
:Namaste:

"translocating"... OK.. now you're just makin' shit up!! lol Exciting.... oh yeah!! :) Thanks for the good words brother. :Namaste:

Well as much as I'd be honored to take credit for it I can't. I make a lot of $...t up you are right about that and I can BS my way through anything, but it is indeed a realy thing.

Definition: Translocation is the movement of materials from leaves to other tissues throughout the plant. Nutrients are translocated from sources (regions of excess carbohydrates, primarily mature leaves) to sinks (regions where the carbohydrate is needed).

Cheers B! hey, by the way, you have to share the really neat exchanges between you and Ranger. I am guessing it is polish or slavic :) I love languages :)

Hi Beateo. Some plants will never show amber. Mostly or all cloudy is generally quite ripe....even without any amber.

I think that's what might be happening here brightlight? KingJohnC told me how to tell without a jeweler's loupe by pistil colors so I'm thinking that might be what I need to look at. I did take a bud off of the Haze this morning.... I'm drying it normally... about 4 or 5 days... if it's quality then the rest of them are going into the dryer!

Hi Beateo. Some plants will never show amber. Mostly or all cloudy is generally quite ripe....even without any amber.

I thought I'd post a few photos to show how quickly my plants have started to go yellow. I did water them today just a bit.... even though the containers felt heavy.. this is the first time I gave them something that I didn't think they needed but it's been like over a week since I did that flush.
I've also included a picture of the one sample clipping I took. It's from my Critical Haze and went into the dryer yesterday.

DSCN20396.JPG

DSCN20404.JPG

DSCN20417.JPG

DSCN20426.JPG

DSCN20434.JPG

DSCN20445.JPG

And now the bud! :love:

DSCN20457.JPG

Thanks for looking! :Namaste:

Teaspoon, judging by the relative size to the little buds forming the bigger bud. ..I do not know what the correct word is :p

Nice pictures and update B. They are looking just fine to my eyes. You may vary your timing a little to dial in the stop-nutrient and start flushing day but they look just fine to be bro - comin' down the stretch now.

It's critical haze by a node but wild child is making a break and closing on the outside, lemon Kush is driving hard on the inside lane! :)
Happy Dayze buddy!

:thumb:

This is day 69 of flowering. For my Lemon Kush, tomorrow is supposed to be harvest day but that's not gonna happen.
So I still have ZERO amber trichomes and now I'm wondering how reliable an indicator that color is?
I'm going to try to have patience. My question now is if there never is going to be any amber trichomes and I wait too long to harvest, what's the worst that can happen? THC degrade a little or is the whole grow totally ruined? I'd hate to have almost 5 months into a grow and then have it turn to crap because I can't read the signs! If these girls were not "setting a crop" and were normal house plants, I'd say the Kush and the Haze were both dying.

Here are two pictures concentrating on the discoloration.

DSCN20478.JPG

DSCN20487.JPG

Back
Top Bottom