Black African Magic

None of the seeds grew past a seedling and one didn't pop at all. My recent purchase from The Seed Fair was a 15:1 strain (no more 30:1 offered for sale). I germinated one seed and it too died as a seedling.

Other strains are doing just fine. I've given The Seed Fair some feedback on the strain but got no help. Any suggestions?
What issues are you having, do you think?

I've been looking for suggestions to grow high CBD strains for pain management. Last year I've purchased the 30:1 strain from The Seed Fair. None of the seeds grew past a seedling and one didn't pop at all. My recent purchase from The Seed Fair was a 15:1 strain (no more 30:1 offered for sale). I germinated one seed and it too died as a seedling.

Other strains are doing just fine. I've given The Seed Fair some feedback on the strain but got no help. Any suggestions?
Hello,

I am not sure of the rules here, dont want to break them, nor give disrespect where it is not deserved…

I was purchasing from Seed Fair, and other than BAM, not one seed has ever made it. I am 14 seeds of Zkittlez in, all failed, 3 OG Kush all failed, 3 Bay Dream failed. I just got done with a 5 month and 17 seed experience of failure, all Seed Fair.

I am legitimately sick, non functional without cannabis, Seed Fair screwed me and cost me 5 months.

I have been purchasing CBD Flower from Arete for $19 an oz, mailed to my house. They have CBD Flower that test out around 10-20%, they also show the terpene report.

I mix 1.5 grams of high THC Sativa with .5 grams of CBD flower that is minimum 15% CBD or CBDA. I usually smoke that 2 grams between 5 am - 12pm then mix another batch for mid day, then the same after 4 usually thats is hight THC Indica dominant.

To date Blue Dream has been what has physically made me feel the best. I recently discovered Blue Star Seed Co, Josh Blue, the owner, is world renowned. He is working with DJ Shorts original seed strains. He has even worked with DJ on creating strains.

I spoke with Josh a lot recently, dude is a miracle. He has two strains he recommended for me, one called Blue Star, 30% THC, similar to Blue Dream but stronger. Blueberry Lemon Shake Up, 1:1 THC - CBD, he said it test out around 8-15%.

I am going to grow those next and have great confidence in them. Loads, and loads, and loads, of positive reviews. Loads of people who have met Josh.

If you have questions PLEASE message me. 16 months ago I was so sick I couldn’t walk, cannabis literally saved my life and is the reason I can work everyday. It would be wrong of me to not help others as others here have helped me 🙏🤙🏻

I've been looking for suggestions to grow high CBD strains for pain management. Last year I've purchased the 30:1 strain from The Seed Fair. None of the seeds grew past a seedling and one didn't pop at all. My recent purchase from The Seed Fair was a 15:1 strain (no more 30:1 offered for sale). I germinated one seed and it too died as a seedling.

other thought. I messaged Seed Fair and made them give me more seeds. Guess it was pointless as the seeds they sent me didn’t germinate either.

don’t be afraid to message them and make them stand to their “guarantee”.

After reading GP's posts seems like I've had the same issues. I've followed the instructions provided to get the seeds to pop. What I've seen is that if the seed does pop the tap root it dies before getting big enough to transplant either in soil or Aerogrow. Only one of the 6 CBD seeds got to the stage where it could be transplanted and died soon after.

Most recently I've noticed that some other seeds that survive transplanting (not high CBD) do not grow as well as others I've grown. The plants are small and the leaves seem deformed. I'm currently growing outdoors in 5 gal fabric pots with a mix of potting and garden soil.

Alrighty!

Section harvest began at 6:30 am this morning.

First: This bloody plant got too bloody big for this bloody tent 😂

My last three plants had 4 main stalks per plant, being topped at node 4, and yielded just under 8 oz total. Hanging up is 25 stalks, most over 12”, with an entire other plant below. I cannot even think of how much this plant yeilded.

I assume the rest of the plant will be hanging up in 7-21 days.

Thanks again to all you awesome 420ers that helped me get going 🙏 🤙🏻

IMG_3601.jpeg

IMG_3600.jpeg

IMG_3602.jpeg

First step is a soak. Put the seeds in water room temp up to about 74F. Allow soaking fro 12 hours to a max of 16 hours.

Then:

The paper towel method

This easy and reliable method uses damp paper towels to make the seeds moist. They sprout in the right conditions.

A step-by-step guide to the paper towel method

Get the following materials:

• Paper towels
  • Water
  • Two plates
Once you have these items, follow these steps to germinate your seeds:

1. Spread one paper towel on a plate.
  2. Place the seeds on top of the towel and spray room-temperature water on it.
  3. Enclose them with another damp paper towel and plate and keep them in a dark and warm room.
  4. Add more water daily to make the seeds moist, but avoid overwatering them.
  5. Your seeds have successfully sprouted when you notice a taproot.
The whole process usually takes around 1–5 days.

First step is a soak. Put the seeds in water room temp up to about 74F. Allow soaking fro 12 hours to a max of 16 hours.

Then:

The paper towel method

This easy and reliable method uses damp paper towels to make the seeds moist. They sprout in the right conditions.

A step-by-step guide to the paper towel method

Get the following materials:

• Paper towels
  • Water
  • Two plates
Once you have these items, follow these steps to germinate your seeds:

1. Spread one paper towel on a plate.
  2. Place the seeds on top of the towel and spray room-temperature water on it.
  3. Enclose them with another damp paper towel and plate and keep them in a dark and warm room.
  4. Add more water daily to make the seeds moist, but avoid overwatering them.
  5. Your seeds have successfully sprouted when you notice a taproot.
The whole process usually takes around 1–5 days.
Ok, sounds pretty standard. Maybe try some warmth for the seed, maybe a heat mat, but nothing crazy. The wet paper towels can keep the seed cooler than ideal. 70-75*F should be perfect.

Alrighty!

Decided after I harvested the tops to start pulling little by little the brown and dead leaves. As I got rolling I realized there was about 8 times more plant and buds underneath than I realized. Branches, lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of branches growing laterally in all directions. I pulled the scrog net which took over an hour due to the extensive growth, then started stalk by stalk pulling leaves, straightening and wiring everything together in bundles to the stalk in which it is growing, holy cow this plant got OUT OF CONTROL 😂

Anyways…harvest 2 of what was left of the tops, there is probably 8 times more left.

IMG_3686.jpeg

IMG_3687.jpeg

IMG_3688.jpeg

Still doing clean up on what was below the canopy, did another snip, there is still so so so much plant that is green and growing.

I will get better pics of what is left of the plant hopefully tomorrow. Having arthritis, sitting on a stool, arms straight out working on a plant…i am toast.

✌🏻

IMG_3710.jpeg

IMG_3709.jpeg

IMG_3711.jpeg

Hello,

Today is day 7 of hang dry.

The outcome thus far is very different than the last 2 BAM plants. Seeing these plants now, looking at the trichomes, the last two were definitely green. I also did a wet trim last time which for me was disastrous. This round I pulled the fan leaves, left the sugar leaves.

The sugar leave trim, as of today when I smoked it, was the best thing I have ever smoked, surpassing the last 2 BAM plants and OG Kush plant. Massive amounts of zesty lemon and orange, massive amounts of coriander, it is herbal and spicy without being musky.

The buds are covered in such dense trichomes that they feel “crunchy” if you squeeze them, no, they are not dry. They are so dense that the outer edges of the buds almost feel sharp. The aroma is the same as the sugar leaf, just more sweet, more pepper.

Effects are incredible, all cerebral, goes straight to my spine, straight to my nerves, straight to sickness, straight to any spot that is inflamed.

As of now the branches still bend, no snap,
thats all i am going off for this one.

Lets see how the next 7 days go.
IMG_3730.jpeg

IMG_3733.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg

IMG_3736.jpeg

IMG_1244.jpeg

Hey everyone 👋

Thankfully my schedule has slowed down…right as BAM Three is coming into harvest.

Hanging the mini evaporator cooler has been a game changer. I am currently by adjusting ventilation able to get 15 degrees difference between night and day. As this grow has gone on I also ran a humidifier inside the tent, higher in the early season, lower now, simulating a hot humid summer going into a “dryer winter”.

The growth on this plant has been marvelous. The buds are bigger then anything I have ever seen, the aroma is exponentially more then the last two BAM plants. These plants are limonene forward, but near equal in spice and herb.

Knowing what I know now, I definitely harvested a bit early on the last two BAM plants, OG was about perfect. I am really excited to see how this plant is, visually there is twice as much trichomes, aroma is robust, buds are massive.

I had am in a major drought in germination. Nothing purchased will germinate. I did get a Tangerine Dream seed to germinate and pop all in 24 hours, along side 2 of what I am calling Black Diesel, seeds from the pollinated BAM by Purple Diesel.

Perhaps I should start a grow journal for Black Diesel 🤔

IMG_3405.jpeg

IMG_3408.jpeg

IMG_3409.jpeg

IMG_3410.jpeg

IMG_3411.jpeg

IMG_3412.jpeg

IMG_3413.jpeg

IMG_3414.jpeg

IMG_3415.jpeg
Nice buds man , I've often wondered if seeds going through customs scanners at airports has an effect on germination
:hmmmm:

Makes me wonder…
I bought 10 seeds from overseas and not one of them popped up ,it left me sceptical ,it was a few years ago now ,I will now only purchase them from my country next time as we have a few distributors here now .

I bought 10 seeds from overseas and not one of them popped up ,it left me sceptical ,it was a few years ago now ,I will now only purchase them from my country next time as we have a few distributors here now .
From what I have learned, heat is the killer in transport.

Hello,

Today is day 7 of hang dry.

The outcome thus far is very different than the last 2 BAM plants. Seeing these plants now, looking at the trichomes, the last two were definitely green. I also did a wet trim last time which for me was disastrous. This round I pulled the fan leaves, left the sugar leaves.

The sugar leave trim, as of today when I smoked it, was the best thing I have ever smoked, surpassing the last 2 BAM plants and OG Kush plant. Massive amounts of zesty lemon and orange, massive amounts of coriander, it is herbal and spicy without being musky.

The buds are covered in such dense trichomes that they feel “crunchy” if you squeeze them, no, they are not dry. They are so dense that the outer edges of the buds almost feel sharp. The aroma is the same as the sugar leaf, just more sweet, more pepper.

Effects are incredible, all cerebral, goes straight to my spine, straight to my nerves, straight to sickness, straight to any spot that is inflamed.

As of now the branches still bend, no snap,
thats all i am going off for this one.

Lets see how the next 7 days go.
IMG_3730.jpeg

IMG_3733.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg

IMG_3736.jpeg

IMG_1244.jpeg
looks nice
Mars Hydro Has FC3000 gift giveaway,if you are interested,please join us,have fun~ :circle-of-love:

What a few days it has been 🌱

Thank you to everyone who has helped out along the way, @Bill284 @Azimuth you two have helped tremendously.

BAM 3 is now fully harvested. Total time was just under 6 months.

Calculations based on size of my flower tent are 10-12 oz if all goes well (according to my math). After harvest there are 69 cloths pins holding either stalks, branches, or multiple small branches. Some are 30”, some as 22”-16”, some 6”-8”. From what I have weighed, sample, reweighed after trim, stems/stalks weighed and subtracted, I believe 5 grams per cloths pin is very accurate, if not conservative.

5 grams x 69 = 345

345 grams / 28 grams (1 oz) = 12.32 ounces.

I am really hoping the larger colas and stalks bump it to 6 grams per pin, which would put me right under 15 oz total.

What I failed to post here is I purchased a proper soil tester, other than a surplus of nitrogen in first stage of flower, soil was dead on the whole grow. Sip worked perfectly, air temp and humidity was controlled creating a 15 degree difference between day and night. I also created a hot humid “early summer” that went into a hot slighter dryer summer, into a cool fall. Really hoping to have exceeded my weight goals.

Quality: Unreal. Today is day 14 of hang dry of harvest 1 of the 4/5 sectional harvest I did, branches are still not “snapping”, so hanging on they will go.
The sectional harvest was done over the course of 14 days, following 2 weeks of 11/13 lighting, then 10/14 lighting for the last two weeks.

After about day 7, these flowers have been hands down the best I have ever had. At day 14 the pepper and spice has skyrocketed, my lips and face tingle after smoking. Its like super healthy tart Italian oranges, with garlic, onions, arugula, sugar, lemon zest…Its incredible 🤤

The anti inflammatory effects are insane, pain stopping effects insane. I am a very tough judge for “does this cannabis give a good high”, as I literally flat out do not get any kind of effects I could describe as intoxicating, or anything close to alcohol. I can tell it is extremely potent as the shaking in my body stops, pain stops almost immediately, dizziness stops, sickness and fever ceases, headaches vanish like a vapor.

However…if anyone else smokes say…1 puff….🤪🤪🤪🤪

I have witnessed normal everyday humans turn mute, unable to speak for nearly 60 minutes 😂

I have witnessed normal everyday humans silently float out of a room to disappear outside to space out looking at trees 😂

I think I done went and grew a strong plant 🌱 😂

I am leaving town for a while, which miraculously fell right after harvest, so in 2 more weeks from today I will go to jars. Cant wait to circle back 🤙🏻

Stay tuned in my other grow journals. 2 OG Kush, 1 Tangerine Dream, and 3 “Black Diesel” (Black African Magic/Purple Diesel).

🙏👍🏻🤙🏻✌🏻
IMG_3856.jpeg

IMG_3870.jpeg

IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3886.jpeg

IMG_3888.jpeg

IMG_3892.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom