Blue Mystic Autos + LEDs + Bubbles

Endive, those tric's look gorgeous! I don't know about the quantity, but like you said, that bud looks awesome and I definately prefer quality to quantity (as long as quantity/quality combo can get you through to next harvest! :grinjoint:)
:goodjob: :bravo:
:party:

Little nuggets from Top-Right. She’ll be a low yielder, but the quality looks stellar!
DSC03377-TRtrichs.jpg

This one plant (Top-Left) takes up about 2/3 of the tent. The other plants, while crowded, are looking good too!
DSC03381-TLnug2cl.jpg

No massive colas, the tops (popsicles) range from 3" to about 7" tall. The narrowest are about as wide as a Bic lighter, the thickest are just smaller than a 8.4 oz Red Bull can. Top-Left and Top-Right are both sporting a majority of hairs red, but trichomes are crystal clear. I'm still holding out for a massive growth boom at zero hour. :)

Bump

Beautiful pics endive!

I think she's got some fattening up to do for you still, how far along now?

Endive, those tric's look gorgeous! I don't know about the quantity, but like you said, that bud looks awesome and I definately prefer quality to quantity (as long as quantity/quality combo can get you through to next harvest! :grinjoint:)
:goodjob: :bravo:
:party:

Thank you Mr. Krip! Sustainability is the goal, not there yet, but we'll dial down a system soon, new lighting, a little more room...

Bump

Beautiful pics endive!

I think she's got some fattening up to do for you still, how far along now?

Roughly 46 days since the lights went 12/12, 88 from seed.

Honestly, I'm a little concerned, but it is what it is. They are all dense& sticky... just smallish.

I'm cranking up the nutes while I still can! :morenutes:

Endive I can't figure out which you are better at- growing or photography. Your shots are calendar quality, your buds delicious.

My AF Experience

I was all over the place trying to get light/time info on my AFs- LowRyder #2 X Bubble. I started at 18/6 on veg nutes, then after 2 weeks (following very limited instructions) I mixed 50/50 with flower nutes. Although the instructions said nothing abut 12/12, I did but nothing happened. About 2 weeks later, I read Joint Dr's interview in Skunk Mag and went up to 20/4 where he says to stay throughout.

Growth has improved since doing this. My small plant is developing pistils, but my big one not too much- mostly due to having clogged screens in my high pressure mist heads. The one aimed at the large plant was clogged to the point where the entire plant drooped before I traced the problem down. The roots almost died, a setback to be sure, but she's nice and healthy again, but the root setback will significantly slow down budding.

While raising the T-5 (it is heavy) the rope slipped and broke off the 3" top. Although I lost some time, I have been rewarded with 2 new tops.

Moving forward to my next AF grow, my remaining 4 seeds are about 1.5" tall. I also decided to germ my last BCBud Mango.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about getting your roots to the next level.

Honestly, I'm a little concerned, but it is what it is. They are all dense& sticky... just smallish.

Endive, if only 46 days of 12/12, I'm guessing you could have two weeks before harvest. You may want to look at Overdrive by AN. I'm still a noob so haven't used it yet, but have heard great things about it. You only use in last two weeks of flower.

Here's an overview:

Advanced Nutrients Overdrive

Endive I can't figure out which you are better at- growing or photography. Your shots are calendar quality, your buds delicious.

Thank you kindly! I'll say photography for now, but with a few more grows with consistent improvements, who knows?

I was all over the place trying to get light/time info on my AFs- LowRyder #2 X Bubble. I started at 18/6 on veg nutes, then after 2 weeks (following very limited instructions) I mixed 50/50 with flower nutes. Although the instructions said nothing abut 12/12, I did but nothing happened. About 2 weeks later, I read Joint Dr's interview in Skunk Mag and went up to 20/4 where he says to stay throughout.

That makes sense, as TRUE ruderalis autoflower traits are not photoperiod dependent at all. Joint Dr, in my opinion has the most reliable stable of AF genetics.

It seems to be the lot of popular hybrid strains like Blue Mystic, that were crossed with autos are the ones having consistency issues.

A fellow grower noted that at least 2 of my plants exhibit what she calls auto-dwarfism/stunting, noting that even with prime lighting & nutrients, the blooms are stunted and it could be due to lack of an extended light cycle, since they are at 12/12. Although it took a photoperiod change to initiate blooming, once blooming is in full swing, the photoperiod sensitivity may no longer be an issue and the plants need more light, hence the continued stretching and undersized blooms.

Sounds logical to me!

Growth has improved since doing this. My small plant is developing pistils, but my big one not too much- mostly due to having clogged screens in my high pressure mist heads. The one aimed at the large plant was clogged to the point where the entire plant drooped before I traced the problem down. The roots almost died, a setback to be sure, but she's nice and healthy again, but the root setback will significantly slow down budding.

While raising the T-5 (it is heavy) the rope slipped and broke off the 3" top. Although I lost some time, I have been rewarded with 2 new tops.

Moving forward to my next AF grow, my remaining 4 seeds are about 1.5" tall. I also decided to germ my last BCBud Mango.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about getting your roots to the next level.[/COLOR]

Sorry to hear that, I came close once to dropping the fan/filter on the girls. Ever since that, I take no chances.

e.

Good morning Endive. I was sitting here enjoying a jay of OG Kush and smoking some hash I made from my Purple Urkle trim and some headband trim mixxed in as well. Needless to say I'm nice and toasted. Thought, if you didn't mind we could compare notes. Here is a photo of my "Blue Mystic" regular, 3 bucks from Single Seed Centre. Sprouted on the 16th and I've been feeding her a little bit of Fox Farm Grow Big when she starts yellowing and Bushdoktor Kangaroots and a little Hygrozyme. She's sitting pretty in a mix of Ocean Forrest, Happy Frog, and Light Warrior. Soon to be transplanted to a 3 gallon Roots Organics fabric Air pot... Blaze on brotha! :cool: :Rasta:
Picture_00571.jpg
Picture_00187.jpg
:thumb: :thumb:

Saturday — Day 87 from seed, day 45 of bloom...

Yesterday as I was opening the the tent to inspect the plants I noticed a piece of debris on a leaf of "Low-Right, the frontmost plant. On closer inspection I realized it was a dried, fully bloomed & detached male flower. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

I carefully extracted the pollen factory with a drop of soapy water & a cotton swab. At all outward appearances I couldn't find any signs of male flowers on any of the plants. A few seeds starting on Low-Right (one of the small sativa-like plants), but not much else. If you see one male flower there are others! But where? :scratchinghead: :confused: :scratchinghead:

Sunday — Day 88 from seed, day 46 of bloom...

Sadly this morning, during the reservoir change, my girlfriend discovered that Top-Right, the second sativa-like plant was spotted with seeds throughout its right side. Though I could find no male flowers on her, or any of the others, I decided to pull her. I theorized, based on the seed disbursal pattern as the plants on the left showed seeding only on 2 clusters (the two nearest Top-Right), that Top-Right was the pollinator. It's really sad because she was the most trichome coated of the group and was at least 3 weeks out from primetime.

As to the others, best we can hope, based on a close inspection, is that they are fine.

Most of the buds on Top-Left appear nearly mature, a week, two tops to harvest, trichomes are clouding up, there are a few seeds on 2 smaller tops. Top-Left is the biggest, most aggressive plant and ff there is any decent yield to be had, it's coming from her.
DSC03383meet-Top-Left.jpg

Low-Right is a lanky, sativa-ish and small, but resin coated with a Berry-on-Steroids aroma. Sadly has a few obvious seeds forming, not too bad though, she's still 3-4 weeks away from harvest.
DSC03393-meet_Low_Right.jpg

Low-Left is dwarfed by her sibling, but is sweet & sticky and is plugging away, doing the best she can with her cramped space, no seeds found on her. 2-3 weeks tops till she's prime
DSC03390meetLow-Left.jpg

Top-Mid is the quiet one of the bunch, with a soft sweet aroma that I look forward to getting to know better, she consists of 1 main top, 1 smaller top and small lower clusters, 2-3 weeks tops till she's prime.
DSC03386-meetTop-Mid.jpg

Lastly... Sadly... Top-Right
Top-Right was my favorite all along, but I had to cull her as she was seeded and I suspected her to the pollinator. And yes, her tips were lavendar/purple... The seeds weren't so much of an issue, as the fear of more pollen.
DSC03397meet_Top-Right.jpg

All is good, just a little wrinkle in the plan. We'll roll with it.

Be well everyone!

Good morning Endive. I was sitting here enjoying a jay of OG Kush and smoking some hash I made from my Purple Urkle trim and some headband trim mixxed in as well. Needless to say I'm nice and toasted. Thought, if you didn't mind we could compare notes. Here is a photo of my "Blue Mystic" regular, 3 bucks from Single Seed Centre. Sprouted on the 16th and I've been feeding her a little bit of Fox Farm Grow Big when she starts yellowing and Bushdoktor Kangaroots and a little Hygrozyme. She's sitting pretty in a mix of Ocean Forrest, Happy Frog, and Light Warrior. Soon to be transplanted to a 3 gallon Roots Organics fabric Air pot... Blaze on brotha! :cool: :Rasta:
Picture_00571.jpg
Picture_00187.jpg
:thumb: :thumb:

What a beauty! (And a deal too at $3). Keep us apprised here, as to it's progress! :goodluck:

Endive, sorry to hear you had a rapist lurking in your grow room. I hope he didn't mess up the ladies too bad! That being said, you should get some AWESOME seeds from that plant, and probably some decent bud once it's seeded, so it's not a total waste! Great job of producing a plant that looks like that, either way! :goodjob:

No doubt best 3 bucks I've spent in a long time. Add to that, the fact that I got a World of Seeds Afghan Kush Feminized as well as a World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder also of World of Seeds and I came out of it with a pretty good deal. Today I went to the hydroponic shop and dropped 324.00 on a 1000 watt EYE Hortilux, a Sun Sytem Budget Grow, and a 100 dollar budget air cooled reflector. My 1k watt grow just jumped to a 2000 watt grow and I now am the caretaker of my girlfriend which allows me to grow 6 more full size plants and an additional 24 starts under 12" by 12" wide. I will also be adding a tent grow in the near future, venting the warm air into the sewer. I have 2 gigantic warlock plants under my new 1000 watt EYE. Let the good times roll.

Hey Endive, sorry to hear about the balls. Look under the little ring of leaves around the top buds. They like to hide under there. Got my stuff today and treated the girls.

Hey my friend I'm going through the same thing. Be patient and don't do anything crazy with the nutes, you've still got lots of time and they have lots of fattening up to do.

46 days since 12/12 means about 36 days since pistils. That's 5 weeks. I'm at 65 days from pistils and they're still not finished. So figure you've still got 3-5 weeks left.

And since I've been seeing it with my own eyes I can tell you, these next few weeks will make a big diff.

Back
Top Bottom