Blueberry & Durban Poison Cross Project

Oh there are still pure ones, and landrace genetics are still available... but hybrids have been bred to grow just about anywhere. Sometimes the pure genetics just don't work so well unless you try to duplicate the conditions they expect from home... and that is outside the skill level or the patience level of many modern growers. I have a Mozambique Poison that I want to grow out one day soon that is one of those... people actually travel to that part of the world just to experience the almost translike high, and to grow her right I am going to have to duplicate the conditions of that valley in Africa. Kona Gold is another I really would like to duplicate, but without that rich volcanic soil and the tropical sun, it is very hard to end up with the single hit pot that you can get on the big island.
That being said, there are some very good hybrids out there... Jack Herer for example... hard to beat that plant for hardiness and quality.
I do have a couple Jack herer autos on the go. First try with them. I used to get that stuff at a dispensary, and I really liked it. Hoping the autos grow well. They've been growing for a month under led and today i flipped on the bloom switch. Not changing the photoperiod, just the spectrum and intensity. I know we can't create ideal situation for every strain we have, but I hope by creating a good median environment for all the plants, the various strains will do well.

I do have a couple Jack herer autos on the go. First try with them. I used to get that stuff at a dispensary, and I really liked it. Hoping the autos grow well. They've been growing for a month under led and today i flipped on the bloom switch. Not changing the photoperiod, just the spectrum and intensity. I know we can't create ideal situation for every strain we have, but I hope by creating a good median environment for all the plants, the various strains will do well.

Glad to hear you like the Herer, i just ordered seeds for that, and some durban..

Yesterday, i switched things up over here a bit. I have to leave town for a week soon, so my gf took 6 of the Blueberries to her house yesterday. She's going to veg then another week or so, flip em, and by the time I get back to town, we will hopefully spend a fun afternoon collecting and storing pollen.

Now, my Veg tent looks a little bare, while her tent looks just right. I'll now be concentrating on training the Durbs into quadline structure, cloning from the one Blueberry i kept (sativa pheno), and growing the Green Crack. Haven't decided how to train the GC yet, but i did top it a few days ago and it is beginning to bounce back. I enjoyed the Green Crack which I grew last time, so it'll be fun to grow it again and pollinate it.

These pics show the garden as a whole, the sativa pheno Blueberry and the shoots I want to take as clones, and the quadline structure of the hardiest Durban, first from the side and then the top.

I should say, too, that i put some effort into training the other Blues as well, but then I remembered that for all I know, half of them are males. All I really did was slow them down a bit. If I had just left them, they would be ready to be flipped by now. Ah well, no regrets.

P_20190105_101535_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190105_101600_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190105_101606_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190105_101643_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190105_101704_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Your training looks good I tried some lst on mine an it turns out bushy but a jumbled mess that's gonna be hard to clean up in flower next time I'm gonna be patient an try manifolding

thanks, Odin, i have never tried this method before, so I'm curious. Ultimately. I guess it increases your veg time but gives you a stronger plant and less hassle when the buds get heavy.

Very cool, a two tone leaf variation. I have only seen pictures of this mutation and never had it in my tents. I don't think it is anything to worry about, just very cool to see. Since the coloring is opposite on these two, were they on opposing sides of the plant?

These two leaves came from the same shoot, about halfway up the stalk.

Hey BG I’m all caught up. I’m a complete noob with regards to seed making. I found a seed in my most recent harvest but had no males in the tent. It was an autoflower Andrew i stressed it I’m pretty sure by transplanting when I saw preflowers.
Anyways how does this all work? The plant must’ve hermie’ed on me but I never saw balls.

Hey BG I’m all caught up. I’m a complete noob with regards to seed making. I found a seed in my most recent harvest but had no males in the tent. It was an autoflower Andrew i stressed it I’m pretty sure by transplanting when I saw preflowers.
Anyways how does this all work? The plant must’ve hermie’ed on me but I never saw balls.
I never saw a single make flower, and was completely surprised to find seeds on harvest day.

As for doing it intentionally, I planted 7 blueberry seeds, hoping to get a few males. I have been keeping notes describing every plant as it grows. When i see male flowers, I'll go back to my notes. The one which was strongest all the way through will become my pollen donor. We'll pollinate some buds on the blues, and when i flower the feminized durbans, I'll selectively pollinate them also. Cheers.

I'm expecting the green crack to be a female, too.. But maybe pollinating the seed of a plant which hermied is not the best idea.

I never saw a single make flower, and was completely surprised to find seeds on harvest day.

As for doing it intentionally, I planted 7 blueberry seeds, hoping to get a few males. I have been keeping notes describing every plant as it grows. When i see male flowers, I'll go back to my notes. The one which was strongest all the way through will become my pollen donor. We'll pollinate some buds on the blues, and when i flower the feminized durbans, I'll selectively pollinate them also. Cheers.

I'm expecting the green crack to be a female, too.. But maybe pollinating the seed of a plant which hermied is not the best idea.
I’m with you on finding a male with good vigor and all that and I’m comfortable with the process of collecting the pollen. I suppose my breeding confusion is more centered around the “selective” pollination where you just make seeds on a branch or two.
So can you reverse sex with CS , collect the pollen, and pollinate the same plant wit that pollen all on the same plant? In other words, let’s say I have a plant and love it. Problem is, I got no more seeds of that plant. Can I make fem seeds?
I know a cutting makes the most sense in that situation but humor me lol

Back
Top Bottom