Boatshoe's Backyard Garden Autos & Photos: Variety Grow 2018

Well I haven’t kept this journal up much this summer. The grow season has wrapped up,and so will this grow journal. I got bogged down by some things lately, I kept up the plants but didn’t get around to the journal. Probably be able to do better next time.

My outdoor results were so-so. It was too cool and cloudy to get good results. The yield was low, but there is some nice skunky buds. To get proper yields I will need to provide some cover, a small greenhouse or at least a covered sun rack. I’ll be thinking about that this winter.

Definitely on the right track with seed starts indoors and early season harvest to reduce the outdoor time exposure. The plants left out after mid September were plagued by caterpillars and mildew.
Another goal was to breed some seeds, and I was able to cross the skunk males with skunk, early skunk, and northern lights. I have a small stock of those three seeds for my next project. I plan to start a new journal with some of those results.

Here is the early skunk, harvested in September. Nice buds, good skunky taste.

Here are the breeders. I crossed the skunk males with early skunk, skunk, and northern lights.

All the seeds are in now. Many didn't ripen until October. I have germinated some of the n lights and got good results so far, 8/10 germinated within a few days, that's as good as the original seeds. Those will be featured in my next grow journal.

This year has convinced me to get more serious about growing indoors. My yields outdoors around here will be spotty. The early skunks had some caterpillars but not too bad. No mildew. Some other plants were left to ripen, and some of the early skunk buds were left out, and with a few weeks the pm attacked it. Outside here definitely can only support early ripening varieties and they must be started indoors to have much assurance of a healthy harvest.

This journal is now complete. My 2018 summer grow was successful. I will be starting a new journal for my indoor grow using the newly bred seeds.
Happy growing :green_heart:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom