Boatshoe's Backyard Garden Autos & Photos: Variety Grow 2018

Summer is here, hope it's off to a good start
:yahoo::yahoo:

It's clear I won't get anything from my first spring attempts. I was hoping the ruderalis would be more cold hardy, since it's got Siberian genes but it seems even more cold sensitive. Oh well, I'll try some again next spring. Maybe I'll build a small cold frame.

So now the next phase. I put the 5 skunk seeds to germ and boom, all five germed.

I got a warming pad with thermostat and it holds the temp to 78. I popped 3 others also, 2 ny diesel and a somango. All three are good starts, so the pad really seems to help. I was having 50-50 success, big improvement.
:thumb:

It just too cool and not enough sun for outdoors yet so my garden grow is still mostly indoors. If I'm going to get much out of it, I'll need to use electricity :)

I should be able to get some good plants in the ground in July, do they can get 4 weeks veg growth and have time to finish in October.

Here is the menagerie, left to right in the order started. Early skunk, skunk, gorillas, some nydiesel auto, a somango auto, and 5 more skunks. It sounds like a lot but the skunks may be ? number of males. I am looking forward to making some seeds, too.

Cheers, Bo.

It just too cool and not enough sun for outdoors yet so my garden grow is still mostly indoors. If I'm going to get much out of it, I'll need to use electricity :)

I should be able to get some good plants in the ground in July, do they can get 4 weeks veg growth and have time to finish in October.

Here the manageris, left to right in the order started. Early skunk, skunk, gorillas, some nydiesel auto, a somango auto, and 5 more skunks. It sounds like a lot but the skunks may be ? number of males. I am looking forward to making some seeds, too.

Cheers, Bo.
Wow

Here's the first three skunks. They're starting to grow a little better since it's a little warmer. They are regular seeds, so which are males or females?

Males are usually taller and rangier, it appears the left is male and the middle is female. The right is smallest because it had some trouble at germination, I think it is female because of the more rounded leaves.
We'll see in a couple weeks. When the males start to show I will need to get another place for them. I have a spot in my basement, and I'm thinking about getting another small tent - the love tent
;);)

I thought everything would be moving outdoors soon, but my so called outdoor grow is getting more indoor all the time

And here's the second batch. Wild guess upper left, male, maybe the other three female, smallest one too small yet.

I learned to expect these to stretch. Even though they had plenty of light, the tallest one is leggy. So I left extra space at the top of the pot and i can top off the soil
Not as much as it needs but it will help a lot

Good morning,
I hacked on the plants, and this skunk looks terrible. What the heck?
Leaves are curling and dying around the edges.

I looked on the leaves with a loupe and saw no bugs, no fungus. It looks like overwater droop but the soil is damp, not drenched. None of the other plants look like this.

I think I might have left it too wet with a foliar spray and too close to the fan overnight. Gotta keep an eye on it.

Good morning,
I hacked on the plants, and this skunk looks terrible. What the heck?
Leaves are curling and dying around the edges.

I looked on the leaves with a loupe and saw no bugs, no fungus. It looks like overwater droop but the soil is damp, not drenched. None of the other plants look like this.

I think I might have left it too wet with a foliar spray and too close to the fan overnight. Gotta keep an eye on it.
sorry to see that. You'll get it better quick

sorry to see that. You'll get it better quick
It's looking better already. Every once in a while I get a reminder to be careful with foliar. It did spread or get worse but it'll lose some leaves. Itll make it look more tough... more macho for the lady skunks.
:laugh:

Here they are, no sign of sex yet but they're only 22 days old. They're getting 5 finger leaves.

Cheers,
:surf:

Tight lines and clear skys to you,
Bo

Mostly the same as posted a couple days ago, just a little bigger :D

I'd like to get a little more height, especially on the early skunks. I'll put them a little further from the light. They're nice and green, so I'm not too worried.

My outdoor garden is taking shape. All the seed starts are in soil and outside. It's a little late but there should be time to get some nice flowers.

Some autos in mid flower, some autos just starting, and eight skunks. After the skunks show sex some will go back inside.

Here's the dark purple. It's small but its budding up. This is a good shape, they need to be open to provide enough air, fungus is my biggest worry. This year I am topping every plant above node 3 as standard practice. I won't get a lot from this one but that's ok.

Here's the little auto I put out in April to see how cold hardy it would be. Not very good results. It's got big fat calyxes and purple tones. Sticky and nice aroma. Definitely got thc but won't be strong. Maybe make some hash.

Here's the little auto I put out in April to see how cold hardy it would be. Not very good results. It's got big fat calyxes and purple tones. Sticky and nice aroma. Definitely got thc but won't be strong. Maybe make some hash.

Looks good tho hoping for great results

Back
Top Bottom