Boatshoe's Backyard Garden Autos & Photos: Variety Grow 2018

Here's the taproot of the Afghan that was chomped at the surface. This is why it would have been stunted. The root growth spurted in the paper towel and I let it get twisted when transplanted.
Too bad it got et, but it needed replacement.

Cut down this big tree in the yard. I don't like to remove established trees like this but no choice. It's a nuisance, this species is borderline invasive imo. Squirrels have been nesting in our attic and storing seeds from it and it's too close to house. This will open up a lot more sun a d help control on. I don't like working on a ladder with a chainsaw. Don't know what we'll plant here.

Good day, buds:):):)

The yard is way sunnier without those two trees but there is a big hole in the sky where they use to be. It should reduce the PM on that side for sure, that's been a big problem. And at least I won't have to trap attic squirrels. Cutting down that tree took a lot out of me, n I'm still resting up.

Meanwhile, the party girls stayed out all night. The purple will be ready to transplant in a couple days and the northern lights will be ready to top.

Thkings are growing here, and I hope things are growing for you wherever you are :)
well they're growing but not fast. There's three outside now. The weather is not cooperating, cool with relentless Pacific breeze.
Here's the inside babies

I am going to keep the skunk and early skunk inside until they are large enough for cuttings. I'm having much trouble germinating so I need to incorporate more inside. There may be another small tent in my future.

Here's the skunk that got tore up sprouting out. It had only one visible cotelydon seed leaf and no true leaf nubs, but here it is! Its gonna be a tough little skunk.

Got a seed mat to warm up the seeds and roots. Not sure if I should put it under the seeds or under the small seedlings too. Let's see if this gets some of the unpopped seeds going.

Good day to all the 420 buddies,
I have a few little ones settling outside. They have a cool welcome from the ca weather. a constant 10 knot sea breeze at about 62 degrees will really take a lot out of plants.
People come to norcal to visit and aren't expecting this cool weather and the poor tourists are just trying to stay warm. SF is not LA, that's for sure ;)
I am reusing the soil in these big pots. Heavily amended with a nice array of organics, this should only require minimal fertilizer while growing.
Here's a dark purple and a northern lights. Both autos topped at third node. When things warm up they'll grow a little faster and they'll look good in these pots.
Happy growing, Bo.

@Boatshoe hey neighbor, I'm watching this one. It's nice to see someone else in the bay area grow! So far things look great.

Say hey East Bay!
:welcome:

We are really having a cool spring this year. I'm starting indoors and finishing outside -- you're way ahead of me on that. previously I have been able to slide by just starting seeds directly or rooting out cuttings but starting now I am going to be more careful. otherwise nature is taking its toll.
Its sunny today, things will be greening up here soon.
:drool::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom