Borntorun's Latest, New Lights, AK-48

Another pic of day 44 of 12/12 and day 14 under the VHO 3000K bulbs. I should have put something in the pic to give you a better idea of size, they are all pretty big. Most of the main colas are around 12 inches and each plant has 2 or 4 mains.

DSC012841.JPG

DSC01284b.jpg

That looks wonderful, very nice color and nice production of tryches, must smell like heaven around there.
What are you feeding them in flower?

It's really nice smelling. Not too over powering and no skunk at all. It has a slight floral hint to it and definitely smells like really strong bud.

When they are in the stretch phase I hit them with a little nitrogen in the beginning and at week three start some phosphate. I focus on keeping a lot of microbial activity going in the soil and don't really add much in the way of fertilizer. To do that I brew up a tea that has kelp meal, fulvic acid and some ground up stinging nettles (including the roots), brewed for ten days. You can substitute or combine with molasses for the kelp meal but I prefer kelp meal because of all the other stuff it adds. For the last three weeks I do a homemade "bud hardener" made from liquid kelp (make sure it is Ascophyllum nodosum kelp from Norway), Thrive Alive B1 Green and some fulvic acid. At the first sign of amber I "girdle" the stem to stop any of the sugar production going to the roots, instead forcing it all to into the bud production.

Also each bed has hundreds of earthworms roaming around. Microbes don't move around much. maybe a fraction of an inch in their life, but earthworms will move them all over the place and also help break down a lot of trace elements.

It's really nice smelling. Not too over powering and no skunk at all. It has a slight floral hint to it and definitely smells like really strong bud.

When they are in the stretch phase I hit them with a little nitrogen in the beginning and at week three start some phosphate. I focus on keeping a lot of microbial activity going in the soil and don't really add much in the way of fertilizer. To do that I brew up a tea that has kelp meal, fulvic acid and some ground up stinging nettles (including the roots), brewed for ten days. You can substitute or combine with molasses for the kelp meal but I prefer kelp meal because of all the other stuff it adds. For the last three weeks I do a homemade "bud hardener" made from liquid kelp (make sure it is Ascophyllum nodosum kelp from Norway), Thrive Alive B1 Green and some fulvic acid. At the first sign of amber I "girdle" the stem to stop any of the sugar production going to the roots, instead forcing it all to into the bud production.

Also each bed has hundreds of earthworms roaming around. Microbes don't move around much. maybe a fraction of an inch in their life, but earthworms will move them all over the place and also help break down a lot of trace elements.

You know, I still haven't thanked you. Thank you!

Your last journal, you had done the Stinging nettle and girdling too right?

I looked around the edges of the woods here but couldn't find the stinging Nettle. I saw a few videos after that to learn more about it..

I did however use the girdling method on all of my JW strain, I should have left a couple as controls. Then I thought, if it works I would have lost the opportunity to have bigger buds on those.

You have proved to be a fountain of great ideas.. I really appreciate your grow journals..

Back to your journal. You mentioned using fulvic acid, I have some too but I am unsure of the ppm that I am supposed to use.

I also used a microbial starter from Epsoma.. I think that kept my plants green till the end

I will have to go on-line for the other ingredients. I'm trying my hand at another outdoor. I hope the temps tonight don't kill them 38F right now!

You know, I still haven't thanked you. Thank you!

Your Welcome!!

The fulvic acid is pretty much the same as humic acid except it works at a wider range of PH's. You can't use too much but they say about 1/4 tsp per gallon.

All the studies on fruits show girdling increases sugar content and in a lot of fruits it increases size and yield.

I remember some outdoor growth, but your intense T5 arrays are a delight. I hope to squeeze some bud from the sun, but HID hydro is my main schtick. I will enjoy your grow here with your organic concoctions.
I've adopted (stolen) techniques from many and profit thereby. You, my friend are giving me another. Growing with hydroponic washed media, I feel that too much root is too much. I can't smoke it. Breeding for smaller root mass is probably not such a hot idea, so... Partial or full Monty girdling early and/or late appeals to my hope of growing more good and less bad. I've never made the cuts, but I have a knife.

Cool setup
Hey thanks for stopping in Nancy and welcome to 420 mag. The best damn cannabis site on the world wide web!

I remember some outdoor growth, but your intense T5 arrays are a delight. I hope to squeeze some bud from the sun, but HID hydro is my main schtick. I will enjoy your grow here with your organic concoctions.
I've adopted (stolen) techniques from many and profit thereby. You, my friend are giving me another. Growing with hydroponic washed media, I feel that too much root is too much. I can't smoke it. Breeding for smaller root mass is probably not such a hot idea, so... Partial or full Monty girdling early and/or late appeals to my hope of growing more good and less bad. I've never made the cuts, but I have a knife.

PG just starting to get the outdoor grow going. Not sure if I will do a journal on it or not. There won't be much difference from last years. And if there is a difference I hope it will be the weather. Half the outdoor crop was so late that I ran into weather issues and a trip Down Under that had been in the planning for a year. I love outdoor grown but I have to confess that I really like the control I have when grown indoor. Plus indoor with a crop every 5 weeks it is far easier to make adjustments and to experiment,

Love the indoor beds on casters!

Those buds are gorgeous! They really packed it on under the T5's.

thanks for sharing this with us!

Geeze SS...took you long enough to get your butt on over here!

I'm loving the t-5's and I can't say enough good things about them. Also using a "Bud Hardener" for the first time and can't believe how dense the buds are. I've never used Humboldt County's Own "Gravity" but the stuff I'm making up is pretty much the same, except I add a little fulvic acid and some Super Thrive and mine is way cheaper.

The soil is Whitney Farms Potting Soil, the boxes are 16 cubic feet. Added to the potting soil is one bag of compost builder, which is loaded with all the basic microbes, one bag of worm casings, half a box of kelp meal, half a box of bat guano and 25% perlite.

Geeze SS...took you long enough to get your butt on over here!

If you remember, shoot me a pm anytime you start a journal. Love to see what you're up to.

I'm loving the t-5's and I can't say enough good things about them. Also using a "Bud Hardener" for the first time and can't believe how dense the buds are. I've never used Humboldt County's Own "Gravity" but the stuff I'm making up is pretty much the same, except I add a little fulvic acid and some Super Thrive and mine is way cheaper.

if you're willing, I'd love to know the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom