Borntorun's Latest, New Lights, AK-48

700 watts for a dehumidifier?

is that a typo?

That is what it says on one web-site but on Home Depot it doesn't say wattage just that it is energy star compliant. I guess I will find out in a couple days when it gets here. Most of them say you need a 15 amp circuit. They are basically just air conditioners except that they reheat the cold air as it is discharged.
My hope is I just need to run it an hour or so a day and not at all in the summer when our humidity drops down to the low 50's

Day 64

DSC013265.JPG

thanks guys!

I'm not going to do it on this grow but maybe on the next, I'm going to see what happens when you start moving the spectrum back up for the last two or three weeks. So right now they are running 12 3000K bulbs and I would start replacing with 2 6000K bulbs every week, or something like that.

The other bed is still running about 1/3 of the bulbs at 6000K and they are blooming like crazy.

I was hoping to get the dehumidifier this week so I could start drying them out but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

I'm also slightly concerned about the lack of amber. The pistols are really turning brown fast and most of the trichs are swollen to a size I'm not used to. Trichs are even on all the stems and top fan leaves.

I've smoked some small underside buds from day 53 and it is really strong, starts out real heady and then switches rapidly to couch lock/trippy. And if smoked before bed puts you into a deep deep slumber. This might be good for insomniacs. Or just someone who likes a deep 9 hour sleep. Definitely not good for phone conversations with an ex. Impossible to hide the fact that you are out in the ozone somewhere.

That sounds a lot like the MK-Ultra I smoked recently. Very narcotic-like effect.

I'm still very curious about the girdling thing. Hows that been going?

"narcotic" that is the word I was looking for! It is a lot like that. Sort of hoping the final harvest has some of the same traits.

I'm only girdling 2 of the 5 to see if there is much difference in size, potency, or taste.

Just a quick wrap up.

The yield came in at a dried 4.1 oz per plant (with the cola stem still on, so probably 3.8 of smoke). Huge very dense buds, not much trimming involved at all. The harvest went real fast. Each plant had four main colas and about an ounce of smaller decent buds. AK-48 is a potent as advertised. The 48 days part of its name was way off. I ended up cutting at 82. The smoke at this point is sweet with a little grapefruit thrown in. Really nice even this early in the cure. The second group is coming along fast and furious, no difference from group 1 except they are clones. The third group is going 12/12 today and going to do it as a SCROG to see the yield goes up.

So grams per watt in theory on a full bed of 8 plants (won't know for sure until the next harvest with 7 plants in the bed) is around .85 gpw. I'll come back later and post the difference in the SCROG.

I'm totally happy with the lights. Plants thrive under either the Bad Boy HO or the Solar Flare VHO. On cost comparison the Bad Boy wins. Less initial cost, less shipping, cheaper bulbs, less electricity used and lumens per watts is greater (the total is less though)

wow, great results!

did the girdling make any difference?

hows the AK48 high? It is fairly cerebral, as advertised?

It's starts out very cerebral and then slowly turns very dreamy and narcotic like. I always sleep really well on it. You have a tendency to smoke too much of it because it really sneaks up on you. It's the kind of smoke where you take a couple hits and decide it's a fine idea to run to the grocery store, and then you find yourself talking to the cereal boxes wondering what the heck you were suppose to be shopping for or how you even got there and then trying to understand the "true meaning of groceries" while you take in the pure beauty of a grapefruit....with a little bit of paranoia that the old lady that is staring at you had seen you earlier back on the cereal aisle yakking away to whatever box would listen.

I'm not girdling the second group to see if it changes anything and the third group will be the SCROG and the one after that is Jock Horror. Will have a new harvest every 40 days or so. Will keep trying new things to where it can be improved.

Wow those are nice fat buds. I like the look of them alot!!!!

Not to burst your bubble on the dehumidifier, but I think it more likely it will need to stay far more active than an hour a day. I only say this in case you need to plan for heat or electricity issues.

:welldone::nicethread::peace:

Wow those are nice fat buds. I like the look of them a lot!!!!

Not to burst your bubble on the dehumidifier, but I think it more likely it will need to stay far more active than an hour a day. I only say this in case you need to plan for heat or electricity issues.

:welldone::nicethread::peace:

It doesn't seem to run much. I have it set at 60% right now and it comes on for about 10 to 15 minutes an hour except about an hour or so after I water then it runs quite a bit. I might buy one of those cheap meters and see how much extra juice we are going through. Also have two fans going 24/7. 50% RH seemed to low, the plants just didn't feel or look right at first. At 60% they have that deep lush look at 50% the plants just didn't have the nice deep green I'm used to. It could of just being the shock of going from 85 down to 50 in 24 hours though.

I was really pleased with the buds. Every plant was about the same. They all had the big clubhead. Not sure if that is the strain, the lights or the Bud Hardener but I'm not going to change any of those things so I will never know for sure. I have a feeling though that it is the bud hardener concoction because it messes with cell division in the flower.

I didn't mention earlier but a couple of the plants had buds that were just starting to turn purple at harvest.

It's starts out very cerebral and then slowly turns very dreamy and narcotic like. I always sleep really well on it. You have a tendency to smoke too much of it because it really sneaks up on you. It's the kind of smoke where you take a couple hits and decide it's a fine idea to run to the grocery store, and then you find yourself talking to the cereal boxes wondering what the heck you were suppose to be shopping for or how you even got there and then trying to understand the "true meaning of groceries" while you take in the pure beauty of a grapefruit....with a little bit of paranoia that the old lady that is staring at you had seen you earlier back on the cereal aisle yakking away to whatever box would listen.

long as the cereal boxes ain't talkin' back, you know what I'm sayin'? ;)

I'm not girdling the second group to see if it changes anything and the third group will be the SCROG and the one after that is Jock Horror. Will have a new harvest every 40 days or so. Will keep trying new things to where it can be improved.

sounds like your indoor game is going well!

congrats again on your success with the T5's!

Just a quick wrap up.

The yield came in at a dried 4.1 oz per plant (with the cola stem still on, so probably 3.8 of smoke). Huge very dense buds, not much trimming involved at all. The harvest went real fast. Each plant had four main colas and about an ounce of smaller decent buds. AK-48 is a potent as advertised. The 48 days part of its name was way off. I ended up cutting at 82. The smoke at this point is sweet with a little grapefruit thrown in. Really nice even this early in the cure. The second group is coming along fast and furious, no difference from group 1 except they are clones. The third group is going 12/12 today and going to do it as a SCROG to see the yield goes up.

So grams per watt in theory on a full bed of 8 plants (won't know for sure until the next harvest with 7 plants in the bed) is around .85 gpw. I'll come back later and post the difference in the SCROG.

I'm totally happy with the lights. Plants thrive under either the Bad Boy HO or the Solar Flare VHO. On cost comparison the Bad Boy wins. Less initial cost, less shipping, cheaper bulbs, less electricity used and lumens per watts is greater (the total is less though)

I see another success story, boy you put up some great looking material!

Man a SCROG sound fabulous. :welldone:

You inspire me Sir! Please lend this greenhorn a hand with my outdoor, I'm a mess and I just need a little help with everything..lol

Congratulations and thanks again for posting your findings with the Bad Boy t-5's It stays in the vaults for us newb's trying to learn.:thumb::goodjob::thanks::peace:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom