Brand New Tacos?

Hreed420

Aloha guys!

First time ever posting on one of these sites. I just got my medical card though, so I’m feeling confident.
I’m in Hawaii, so keep that in mind. Hot hot hot.
Anyways, I’ve had a few successful indoor grows. Nothing professional, but I understand the basic ends and outs, and do a ton of research.
I can’t find anything to help with my issue.
This is also my first time growing with the sun and led lights. I use the sun as supplement through the day.

I have 7 total plants all from seed. 5 were planted, then 2 weeks later the other 2 were planted. 4 out the original 5 are flowering since the 11th.
The other 3 are still in veg, but two aren’t doing so well.
They are all in 5 gallon smart pots.
The 2 in question are gorilla glue and fire og.
It started about 3 days ago, prior to that they looked perfect.
It almost looks overwatered to me, but the pot was light, so I water my usual amount with nutes. (General hydro series) Which was about 1/4 gal. I water less but more frequent do to the weather here. Water with nutes every other watering unless I see toxicity or deficiencies.
These 2 are going through stages of looking slightly better, to just horrible all over again.

Can anybody help me out?
I know I’m missing details, but if the questions are asked I can provide any information.
Just really want to figure these out. All the other plants look perfect, and healthy. I wall attach those photos in a separate post in this thread.
4FD2A35F-BB20-48B0-A446-F7E6037CDCCF.jpeg
5852CC13-6ACF-4CEE-B4BC-DC7C83B92B13.jpeg
3947C1B8-C42C-4486-A336-9DB41ED7D3C2.jpeg
21AA8A19-9E03-414B-9800-695FE5767677.jpeg

Bro, You dropped your beer, COMMMON MANN!

seriously, they look great. They tend to taco like that adjusting to light and heat, especially from the sun. and can also happen with a rapidly growing plant, but bro, they look perfect.

I didn’t know what you meant at first.. the solo cup, hahaha. That’s hilarious.

So I realized I’ve been watering WAY too little. I gave them all about a gal n a half yesterday and have seemed to perk up more.

It’s confusing using the sun and lights. They seem to react differently to both. And when the sun goes down at night and I move them in, they all droop, some a little, some look near death.

But I’m going to keep moving forward.
Flipping to 12/12 this weekend.

I don't really see a problem with any of the plants -they all look damn good to me!

I did an indoor/outdoor grow back in 2015,and did notice that underwatering will show itself alot more in the hot sun than it does under artificial light-Fortunately underwatering is the easiest thing to fix.
It's cool how fast they perk up when they get a nice big drink...

Man, it’s so much different for me.
I’ve never had to battle pests, wind, rain, humidity, nothing.
I’ve always had perfect control of the environment. So now, it’s ALOT different.
Neem oil has been a good friend .

Did you notice bud production being better under the sun or the lights?

I’m stuck, because during the day I move the plants out, which frees up all my lights.
I just don’t know if it’s better inside or out. Today it’s windy as hell and I’m afraid a branch will break, so she’s inside today.

I've only grown one plant in/outside,the rest of my grows have all been strictly outdoor,so I can't categorically say if the bud production is better one way or the other -I like to think the sun is the optimal light source,since it's kept Cannabis going since time began-
I have never had any complaints about the quantity or quality of buds under sunlight,BUT, you're right-the wind,rain,pests,heat and humidity problems,etc.,do make it a bit more risky,but that's just part of growing.
Going from control of the environment to almost no control is really up to you-
Personally,IF I had a sweet indoor setup,I would probably do the indoor thing (been thinking about going that route for a while now)
Either way,Good luck with your grow-whatever you've done so far looks to be working very well.

See I really don’t... I mean I have the equipment, kind of.

I literally just moved from Nashville to Hawaii back in July, I shipped what I could, and left with a suitcase.
Once I got here, I went and got my 329 card, first time legally growing.
The one thing I forgot to ship was the tent. But even with the tent, there’s no AC here. The tent would get way too hot inside. Right now I’m already battling 88 degrees indoors as it is.
So I keep them indoors, but basically just sitting out. And move outdoors when the sun begins to hit my lanai.

So it’s really not by choice lol. If I had the choice I’d grow strictly indoors just because of the control. The harvests I’ve had in the past have been great indoors. This is just new to me.

The fact that you move them in at night will help with one of the biggest problems I have with outdoor grows,which is caterpillars-the moths lay their eggs on the plants at night,and when they hatch,they go for the buds,burrow inside them,and destroy them from the inside out-even if you manage to remove them,the poop they leave behind will cause massive rot on the affected buds.(I lost about 4 oz. on my last grow)
Of course,there are plenty of other critters that may try to infest your plants during the day,but that's just something you'll have to deal with as it happens / if it happens.
Some strains seem to attract pests,and some are hardly bothered at all-Lets hope yours are some of the resistant ones.

I mean, I see insects here and there and remove them. I apply Neem oil every Saturday morning. It really does seem to help.
At night, I move them in. But they sit beside a screened door, some things get in anyways.
I’ve only seen one white moth. I see a bunch of these small bugs with wings, that eat small like holes on the leaves. Looks like black holes on the underside, and white marks on the top of the leaf.
Not sure what it is, but Neem oil seems to keep them at bay for awhile.
My only thing is when there are actual buds, I won’t want to use Neem oil, so I need to find a solution fast.

I have a spare room and thought about buying a portable ac unit to put in there and just keep the whole grow in there.
I’m just hesitant on investing the 300$ on the ac.

Really I should invest that 300$ into two more led panels.
I’m about to have 7 plants flowering and only 5 lights. Will just have to work it as I go. But I can’t continue to veg because they’re growing too big to deal with.

In the meantime I have 5 clones (2 sour diesel, 2 bubba kush, and a white widow) just rooted and transplanted into 1 gal smart pots.
I also have 5 gorilla glue clones that were put into the dome this past weekend.
Hoping to see roots this weekend, and transplant into 1 gal pots by Sunday.

I’ve got them in all stages at this point, but no dedicated area to any stage.
I need to dial this is as the way it stands isn’t very efficient. Moving everything all the time, trying to squeeze them under lights. Who knows.
It’ll all work out, I’m sure.

Back
Top Bottom