420-magazine-mobile1602556901.jpg
im trying to find out if thats comfrey next to my reveg

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

:hmmmm: ... a Hosta maybe?

Does comfreu have purple flowes?.

The larger plant is indeed a hosta... but since you asked about purple flowers, this is my comfrey as it looks tonight.

They grow back fast in spring, like a hosta :)

20170507_013444-1.jpg

20170507_013455-1.jpg

Very nice strain.. Relentless is on my "to do list".. There's definetly some bright colors hiding under that blanket of frost. She looks like she's purpling from the inside and working her way out.

My 1st Relentless strain Twox. He's got some good ones. The White & Fire OG seems to be a couple of his studs.

That Reckless looks bomb :thumb: Plants are looking super lush, with a beautiful fade. As someone that's played around with more than a few light configurations, white light seems to aid general health - so I'm sure they appreciate the few extra watts.

Never grown The White yet.....I've only grown the one S.Cough cross, and the leafs were somewhat similar to your FS...color creeped on too. It was that SSD I ran, and still rave about. Wicked underrated imo. :volcano-smiley: Can't wait to hear how the smoke is. :Namaste:

Appreciate the info...I thought that the pinkish purple came from the SC, surely not The White. Very good smoke but guilty of harvesting so many right now unable to really discern. Need to do better evaluation & will report back later. Feel like the weed bourgeoisie with all this richness & bounty, but still remember the old days when I'd collect crumbs to roll a puny joint.

Have you tried other Devil's Harvest strains? I picked up some Casey Jones awhile back & want to get one going before long. Never grew it but used to get some nice versions from my lunchtime dispensary walks when I was still working. Good strain & genetics.

Brightlight all of the ammendments that you use for your los can they be purchased at most stores or health stores

Yes Cannoisseuras. Glad Radogast answered your comfrey question. While I'm an old hippy doper/grower like many here, I never went that deep into organics to use only plant sources like many do. My soil mix(es) were developed & tuned for outdoor. Indoors in smaller pots, shorter veg period, & greater coco usage, I had to adjust soils to be much weaker. I think it's somewhere in this journal, but if interested, I can give you full list of ingredients that I've used in one mix or another.

Will post a few pictures while I'm at it.....

G13 Labs Blueberry Gum
Picked out this freebie to grow in a 1 gal. to "test" out how many plants I could flower under the new light. It was transplanted to a 2 just before flip when I saw there was ample space. Fat thick buds, smelled like fruit all the way, later added the smell that you get when you open a new box of shoes. Weird sounding I know. Only a 48 day sampler that was quite good & pleasing. Again will have to report back w/ a better smoke report.
IMG_34609.jpg
IMG_346214.jpg

In House Genetics Purple Animal Kush
I'd actually purchased a Cannarado strain that didn't get sent & ran out. Seed Bank owner sent me this out of his stash as replacement. Animal Cookies are herm prone....& yes I got some seeds down below since I didn't catch the sacs until ~day 23. Still testing...good & strong but may not be as favored as some others in this grow. The CSI Mendocino Purple Kush side (Mendocino Purple x Bubba Kush) provides the golf ball gnarly, knobby bud structure. Lovely floral fragrance throughout flower & even after cut. If you like purple w/ frost, this one will please.
IMG_348314.jpg

:circle-of-love: :passitleft:

. . .

In House Genetics Purple Animal Kush
I'd actually purchased a Cannarado strain that didn't get sent & ran out. Seed Bank owner sent me this out of his stash as replacement. Animal Cookies are herm prone....& yes I got some seeds down below since I didn't catch the sacs until ~day 23. Still testing...good & strong but may not be as favored as some others in this grow. The CSI Mendocino Purple Kush side (Mendocino Purple x Bubba Kush) provides the golf ball gnarly, knobby bud structure. Lovely floral fragrance throughout flower & even after cut. If you like purple w/ frost, this one will please.
IMG_348314.jpg

:circle-of-love: :passitleft:

I'd grow any of them, but the Mendecino Purple Kush is very plesing to the eye

Beautiful plants BL.. I grew that Gum along time back.. Can't remember it tho so it must've stood out... But sure are pretty plants..
Keepem Green

Welcome Cannoisseuras/Dave. Thanks for joining us & your kind words. Please join in anytime you wish.

Harvesting the 1st group under the Mega. Works similarly to the Neosol but improved coverage & penetration. Designed for a 5x5 flower footprint, I like what I'm seeing with it under a 4x4 footprint. The white light may waste a few watts but what a treat on a daily basis....seeing them under natural light.

Late rainy season helped with cooler temps & good rH....but last few days the 1st heat wave of the yr. hit. Not the best for drying but cooler temps soon.

Those that looked like an early finish got last feed at 41 days. Some samples taken at 48 days. Good impression on these early samples so harvested several at 8 to 9 wk. range. Plenty ripe. Returning to bud appearance as primary harvest indicator.....far less reliance on trichomes. Used to be that's how most did it before the trichome/microscope era. Waiting for trichomes has caused me to go too long more times than not.

Relentless Genetics Frosted Strawberries.
Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough x The White.
Tiny in veg, it grew tall & didn't want to stop so was topped at ~6 nodes. Then multiple super crops to continue limiting height. For my setup, "tall" means ~30". Breeder said tall phenos lean toward The White. Earthy, musk fragrance. Lots of frost. Sneaky color in there too. More on high later...early samples, too many strains being sampled, but remember that it was quite good.

IMG_346514.jpg
IMG_346919.jpg

A small from way down on a lateral. Happy with this kind of penetration.
IMG_347116.jpg

IMG_347217.jpg
IMG_347417.jpg

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:
Good morning BL. Looking at the last few pages of your thread to catch up stopped me here cause.... look at all the info in this post! Lots. They couldent be more pretty. I was reading one of your old posts the other day and noticed..... garden burger??? So the Hof Brau is out of the question? I LOVE veggies but they are a side dish to me. Time to surf so came here first. Thanks for the help BL! I cant wait to smoke that Chem Dog!

Does comfreu have purple flowes?.

Comfrey does have purple flowers that point down with a white ring around the edges of each flower. The plant in this pic is Cannabis and the big leaf plant next to it is Hosta. Hosta is a perennial like Comfrey.

Did you plant Comfrey near where your Hosta is? They will compete for space with Comfrey winning out unless you cut it back. I like to let our Comfrey flower for several days before harvesting so the bees get to do their thing. The Comfrey flowers are a huge attraction for bees.

Back
Top Bottom