British Stoner 1st Time Grow

UPDATE

Day 34 - So the WW has continued in its veg state for the last few weeks but had started to show signs of pre-flowering pistils

Day 41 - Lights were moved to approx. 25" away from the top of the plant. She's still very small, only 10" tall - hoping to transfer it outdoors in the next week or two.

N.B. I also ordered and tried to germinate 3 Royal Jack seeds bought from RQS one after the other over the last few weeks but...nothing... Unsure if this is a quality issue but solely the White Widow seed has actually germinated and sprouted. (I simply soaked for 18hr under darkness, then wrapped in moist paper towel or added straight to soil).
EDIT: Lights are 10-15"
Emailed RQS so will see what they say

Did you let RQS know about their beans failing to crack?
(I got three NLAutos from RQS but hanging off as I try and organize grow space more for photoperiod but if they fail, i'll for sure be at them... !)

Not sure what the general concensus is but assume a replacement pack should be offered as standard...?!?!
So they ended up asking for photos of the seeds I tried to germinate, info of the method I used and then gave me a small discount on my next purchase that should be sufficient for 2-3 seeds :) so I'm a happy bunny

happy bunny
Good stuff 'Island, had to be worth a call or email, only trouble you have now is deciding which lovely beans to get next!
;)

Exactly!
Having an issue though! lower leaves are severely yellowing/browning - unsure why :(

Otherwise plant looks healthy

Attachments

• B9849556-BDF7-4347-999C-F3B904931530.jpeg
    B9849556-BDF7-4347-999C-F3B904931530.jpeg
    488.1 KB · Views: 128
  • CF5916B2-18DC-4FF0-936A-061562E257A4.jpeg
    CF5916B2-18DC-4FF0-936A-061562E257A4.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 143
So they ended up asking for photos of the seeds I tried to germinate, info of the method I used and then gave me a small discount on my next purchase that should be sufficient for 2-3 seeds :) so I'm a happy bunny
I had 6 beans from them and only got 1 to grow and harvest. The rest either didnt crack or opened cleared the soil then keeled over and died. ironically the 3 replacements were useless they sent. i would not have their genetics again. I do have a clone in flower that is better than the original RQS Hulkberry i took it from. spidermite ruined 6 of the other clones too so their resistance to mites is useless too. Brilliant adverts and claims by their "pretty" site but yet to find a happy hulkberry grower with the pheno they sell it on. seems most of us get the "not so good" pheno ??. Sticking with Barneys Farm for all my photo grows and now going to test out Fast Buds on my next run for an auto breeder to trust .
Initially came to welcome Itsanisland to the community and already has a talking point to drag me in too.
Welcoma aboard mate. uk here too. cramped into a hiding space with a cricked neck and an unhealthy hatred of neighbours who can hear " humming at night ????" not to mention Hearing one or more car doors shutting early morning having my sphincter muscles doing a Jane Fonda workout waiting for the crash of righteousness to ruin my perfect day!. Still prefer the illegal growing though , fuck the 3 plant limit controls and checks. !!! lol
A fair few of us Brits here mate , not enough to colonize yet but we are infiltrating the forums with our superior intelligence and class slowly ,, hang on....... Sorry mate this was a dream i had after too much scissor hash.damn
Enjoy your new time stealing hobby and any help you need is a few lines away on here mate.
Great start on your journal. Have a peek for any member called emilya's advice on soil growing and your set mate. Also Intheshed , angrybird . There a some great sticky threads on proper watering , wet dry methods ect...
With training methods. if your short on height then have a look at the quadlining link in my signiture below for an excellent productive method that is ideal for low grows. I also have a current run ( in links below too) of Barneys farm seeds and the hulkberry clone. good luck sorry for the ramble and i am pulling up a chair for the ride mate
have a green day fella

Did you let RQS know about their beans failing to crack?
(I got three NLAutos from RQS but hanging off as I try and organize grow space more for photoperiod but if they fail, i'll for sure be at them... !)

Not sure what the general concensus is but assume a replacement pack should be offered as standard...?!?!
sadly only once and if they fail then thats that sasly. i tried 3 beans 2 germed , then 1 of them keeled over and died so got replacements after grovelling emails to them. 3 repkacements came and did nothing but rot and die. I am an experienced grower of both seeds and clones and this was a first for me with all the right conditions being met. The surviving Hulkberry grew to nearly 1.5m had massive gaps between nodes and produced only 3oz of mediocre smoke. definately nothing like the advert or pics that sold it. Once bitten twice shy with RQS for me now. i scoured forums and other grow sites and found very similar experiences of the "not so good pheno" they mentioned in their ads.
I stick with Barneys Farm and their amazing , proven and never dissapointing strains. Not on their payroll or free seeds for bigging them up but they are brilliant as a breeder and seed seller to the uk( also a 420 member discount for us there as they are a sponsor here) . never any issue with deliveries either. Just my 10p's worth.

Exactly!
Having an issue though! lower leaves are severely yellowing/browning - unsure why :(

Otherwise plant looks healthy
Are you folier feeding them ?
What is on those leaves in the pic. The yellowing is looking like needing a feed but the dark green on what i can see on the others looks like has too much food. need a good pic mate. when you post it after attaching use the "full image" option for a better option . Canna terra is high in Nitrogen which is good for veg but too much in flowering will stunt their growth massively ! , make the leaves thick , dark green and rubbery ? at this stage with autos you need to be lowering the N and giving them the blooming nutes for bud building
Also noticed using hydro nutes for soil ???. Also on the ph water. if you add it between 6.2-6.4 it should balance the soil below as it washes the last excess away in run off. get some pics for us please so can really get to grips with it mate. good luck

Only foliar feeding a little but the spots/marks on the leaves are mainly water marks, will spray them down with pH'd water tmrw.

They don't seem too green when observing by eye - is it not possible to click and enlarge the pic on your end?
I can't remember the pH of the water for the current feedings I'm doing but will check before I finish the bottle later.

I agree with the assumption of nitrogen deficiency - I was planning on finishing the water/nutes left and adding blooming nutes once I hit week 8 (in 2 days time), I had read it was a common mistake to switch too early. Q: Shall I switch both VEG+BLOOM lights on or simply BLOOM once I change the regime?

Also will check out Barney's, cheers for the head's up!

Only foliar feeding a little but the spots/marks on the leaves are mainly water marks, will spray them down with pH'd water tmrw.

They don't seem too green when observing by eye - is it not possible to click and enlarge the pic on your end?
I can't remember the pH of the water for the current feedings I'm doing but will check before I finish the bottle later.

I agree with the assumption of nitrogen deficiency - I was planning on finishing the water/nutes left and adding blooming nutes once I hit week 8 (in 2 days time), I had read it was a common mistake to switch too early. Q: Shall I switch both VEG+BLOOM lights on or simply BLOOM once I change the regime?

Also will check out Barney's, cheers for the head's up!
If they are autos then the light needs to stay on 18/6 to max rhe results. changing to 12 /12 will defeat the idea of the autoflowering independent of the light. as they are heavily ruderalis genetics they will grow their veg time within 2 weeks and then go into flower. This is why you also plant them straight into final pots once germinated too. it is possible to grow autos and photoperiod together but to flower the photo ones in 12/12 will stunt the autos and heavily affect yield if sharing the same lighting hours. Once you begin getting actual flowers building then they need the change to bloom nutes. let your plant tell you and not a chart aimed at general grows. All these ladies have different needs , even when from the same seeda you can get so many varients of the strain so feels like its pointless trying to keep things on an even keel. The 4 Gorilla Zkittelz i am flowering are different from each other by miles in structure and leaf shape , some have more indica dominance, some, more sativa but the actual buds are identical in appearance just in different numbers based on the frame they get to hang on !.
You will learn so much from this first grow mate and the end result will be the one you always remember. Have fun mate and trust thise Barneys babies. Have a look at the orange sherbet for an amazing , huge cola producing beasty. A new strain out that is killing it for everyone who grows it. Also Their diesel strains are brillant growers for learning how to deal with fat buds. Have put a couple of pics below of the Os in my grow to show you its credentials at 27 days flowering and also to show you the difference in using a" full image" option for attaching pics. peace and love mate. keep in the good work. you will nail it.
20190731_122542.jpg
20190731_122542.jpg
20190730_114302.jpg
20190729_161020.jpg
20190729_161008.jpg
20190729_160959.jpg

If they are autos then the light needs to stay on 18/6 to max rhe results. changing to 12 /12 will defeat the idea of the autoflowering independent of the light. as they are heavily ruderalis genetics they will grow their veg time within 2 weeks and then go into flower. This is why you also plant them straight into final pots once germinated too. it is possible to grow autos and photoperiod together but to flower the photo ones in 12/12 will stunt the autos and heavily affect yield if sharing the same lighting hours. ....

Oh nah I'm keeping it at 18/6 but the different spectrums from my lights have two switches (VEG + BLOOM), I've decided to use both. I've just germinated a second WW seed so the will be going straight in the final pot.

Oh nah I'm keeping it at 18/6 but the different spectrums from my lights have two switches (VEG + BLOOM), I've decided to use both. I've just germinated a second WW seed so the will be going straight in the final pot.
Full power all the way mate. good luck. saves messing with happy plants. Be interesting to follow along.

Anyone know what is going on with my second WW seedling? Germinated beautifully then emerged from the soil with no leaves and small amount of browning at the top of the stem. Is this the dreaded seedling damping off or has it just worked too hard to push through the soil?
day 10

day 11

Anyone know what is going on with my second WW seedling? Germinated beautifully then emerged from the soil with no leaves and small amount of browning at the top of the stem. Is this the dreaded seedling damping off or has it just worked too hard to push through the soil?
day 10

day 11
It can be genetic sometimes. contact breeder with pics and they should replace it. is part and parcel of seeds sadly. not all are viable but you can't tell until germination. With not leaves or top she is sadly a goner i think. sad to see.

They become a lot more dense these last two weeks but unsure of when to cut it down so will be waiting at least another week (will be getting a stronger microscope for next official grow).

Also bought some Barney farm seeds which I'm uber excited for - for now my WW #2 and Royal AK are coming along nicely :D

N.B. also can anyone suggest a decently priced carbon filter that can be found in the UK for a 80x80x160cm tent, 6" fan hole space (though I'd prefer smaller = cheaper). I'll only be having a plant or two at a time.

file-1.jpeg
file1-1.jpeg
file2-1.jpeg
file3-1.jpeg
file4-1.jpeg
file5-1.jpeg
file6-1.jpeg
file7-1.jpeg

Next 2 autos vegging atm will still be kept small until I move to my new place which is when I'll get to try my new Barney's Farm photoperiod seeds and hopefully have a carbon filter :D ...
Brief Overview
First Time UK Grower.
Populated Suburbs - limited grow space - affordable grow

Indoor Grow Info:
Canna Terra Professional Plus Soil (mixed with perlite 20%ish?)
Rimarup 80 x 80 x 160cm Hydroponic Grow Tent - (32" x 32" x 63")
Viparspectra Reflector-Series V450 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum
GardenMate 15L (4 gallons)

Conditions:
Temp: tbd°C
RH%: tbd%
Soil & Water pH: ~6.5-7.5
Nutrients: BioBizz Hydro Pack

Strain Info:
White Widow#2, Hybrid 40:60, Auto, from RoyalQueenSeeds
Flowering: 7-8 wks
Harvest: 10-12wks after sprouting

Royal AK, Hybrid 35:50, Auto, from RoyalQueenSeeds
Flowering: 5 - 7 wks
Harvest: 9-10 wks after sprouting

Anyone know what’s wrong with this seedling, unsure if it’s the environment or overwatering though my other pot is doing fine. Environment is very non-optimal atm (blame global warming), around 35-40C/RH: 35-45% during lights on.

I’ve taken the seedling out of the tent and beside a window since I think it’s the environment but not sure what to do now

image.jpg

Looks really stretched, little seedlings like low intensity light nice and close, unlike the established ladies who like more intensity a little farther away. If she stretches that tall and thin, she is reeeeeaching to get closer to the light. Also 35-45% is too dry for her, she is probably drying out! I'd get a jar or a dome or something over her to try and raise that humidity around her, and maybe try and very gently get her supported against that popsicle stick so she's not bending down under her own weight. Without having those roots very developed yet, the low humidity will transpire all the moisture out of her leaves, and she can't suck enough moisture out of the soil through her root system to replace it. Raise that humidity right up and she may just perk back up!

day 10
day10.jpeg

day11.jpeg
day 11

I know this is an older post, but my 2 cents; That soil looks pretty dense and soggy, you might have some better luck keeping it moist but not quite this damp, and possibly mixing in more peat moss, perlite, or coco coir to your seedling soil mix to try and help it absorb moisture without becoming this soggy or dense

Looks really stretched, little seedlings like low intensity light nice and close, unlike the established ladies who like more intensity a little farther away. If she stretches that tall and thin, she is reeeeeaching to get closer to the light. Also 35-45% is too dry for her, she is probably drying out! I'd get a jar or a dome or something over her to try and raise that humidity around her, and maybe try and very gently get her supported against that popsicle stick so she's not bending down under her own weight. Without having those roots very developed yet, the low humidity will transpire all the moisture out of her leaves, and she can't suck enough moisture out of the soil through her root system to replace it. Raise that humidity right up and she may just perk back up!

Annoyingly remembered I left the bloom switch on so would explain it
I assumed because it wasn’t yellowing or showing signs of burning that the lights were an ok distance as I was worried about light intensity and burning them. Unfortunately she’s severely stunted now but I’ve put on them plastic bagging around them both.

Pretty sure my first WW may have had its terps burnt away due to light intensity and heat since it looks crispy too but unsure.
684C4861-9579-488F-B35E-8C641A2E72DA.jpeg

30E9C32C-6ABC-4A87-BB6C-748EE8D14405.jpeg
6C304549-C8CA-4795-B829-04951F1EB176.jpeg

Attachments

• 35E18CCA-3194-4D32-B8DC-1D843D352E9B.jpeg
    35E18CCA-3194-4D32-B8DC-1D843D352E9B.jpeg
    600 KB · Views: 144
Back
Top Bottom