Runtz

420 Member
Hello everyone

This isn't going to be too wordy but I've recently fallen in love with horticulture and thought why not keep a diary of my first grow, nothing too fancy I'm just starting with 1 small plant mixed in with some ACTUAL Vegetables! (Pear Drop Cherry Tomatoes & Sweet Peppers) I wouldn't call it a micro grow but it's a lot smaller than your average set-up, this is what you might call a practice run before I get 4 plants on the go ... here's a quick break down of the specs...
IMG_20210514_063937.jpg

Hardware

0.75 x 0.75 x 1M Bud Box Pro tent in White

Mars Hydro Eco 49 LED on a manual timer (Supposed to replace a 200w HPS however I will be upgrading to a Maxibright 200w LED at some point)

4" TT pro fan for Extraction moves up to 187M2 & Varispeed manual fan controller (Upgrading to a better quality fan & SMS controller with temperature probe at some point)

4" Passive intake (made larger than normal due to the small area and large fan, also covered to prevent pests)

Rhino Pro 100/300mm Carbon Filter

4" Black combi ducting which feeds outside

Agro lab Temperature and humidity sensor

Media

I decided to go with a soil media as all of the medicine I grow will be for myself so flavour, quality and terpenes mean more to me than weight

0.5L"ish" Seedling pots - 75% BioBizz light mix 25% Canna Coco Professional for added drainage

I will only be re-potting once into 2.5L"ish" Fabric pots 75% BioBizz All Mix 25% Canna Professional Coco

Nutrients

Going to stick with the BioBizz range of organic liquid nutrients including Grow, Bloom, Root Juice, Cal-Mag, PH down & Top Max apart from using some Plant Magic Silicon, some Root it First Feed, some Neutralise to remove the chlorine and chloramine from my tap water & Flawless Flush at the end.

The plan is after a short veg flip early and train hard to keep that beautiful girl nice and low, height is going to be my major problem with this run and even though the Mars Hydro doesn't put off LOADS of heat I will still need to watch my temperatures so my lady doesn't BURN!!

Today is what I'm classing as day 1 so wish my little Cherry Gar See-Ya girl a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!.. let's just hope I don't make too many stoned mistakes.

IMG_20210515_202234.jpg

IMG_20210515_202314.jpg

(I have some more seeds en-route to be safe)

Temperatures - Day - 24-27C
Night - 19-22C
RH in tent - 50 %
RH in propagator 80-100%
Current Light schedule - 18/6

I can't think of anything else to include in regards to specs but if I've missed anything off or if you have any questions or comments then get involved as I'd love some input and advice!!!

In the Meantime everyone I'm going for a smoke!! Stay High, Stay Happy and keep Growing!!!

PEACE!!!!

Runtz✌️

IMG_20201119_180223-01.jpeg

Hello everyone

This isn't going to be too wordy but I've recently fallen in love with horticulture and thought why not keep a diary of my first grow, nothing too fancy I'm just starting with 1 small plant mixed in with some ACTUAL Vegetables! (Pear Drop Cherry Tomatoes & Sweet Peppers) I wouldn't call it a micro grow but it's a lot smaller than your average set-up, this is what you might call a practice run before I get 4 plants on the go ... here's a quick break down of the specs...
IMG_20210514_063937.jpg

Hardware

0.75 x 0.75 x 1M Bud Box Pro tent in White

Mars Hydro Eco 49 LED on a manual timer (Supposed to replace a 200w HPS however I will be upgrading to a Maxibright 200w LED at some point)

4" TT pro fan for Extraction moves up to 187M2 & Varispeed manual fan controller (Upgrading to a better quality fan & SMS controller with temperature probe at some point)

4" Passive intake (made larger than normal due to the small area and large fan, also covered to prevent pests)

Rhino Pro 100/300mm Carbon Filter

4" Black combi ducting which feeds outside

Agro lab Temperature and humidity sensor

Media

I decided to go with a soil media as all of the medicine I grow will be for myself so flavour, quality and terpenes mean more to me than weight

0.5L"ish" Seedling pots - 75% BioBizz light mix 25% Canna Coco Professional for added drainage

I will only be re-potting once into 2.5L"ish" Fabric pots 75% BioBizz All Mix 25% Canna Professional Coco

Nutrients

Going to stick with the BioBizz range of organic liquid nutrients including Grow, Bloom, Root Juice, Cal-Mag, PH down & Top Max apart from using some Plant Magic Silicon, some Root it First Feed, some Neutralise to remove the chlorine and chloramine from my tap water & Flawless Flush at the end.

The plan is after a short veg flip early and train hard to keep that beautiful girl nice and low, height is going to be my major problem with this run and even though the Mars Hydro doesn't put off LOADS of heat I will still need to watch my temperatures so my lady doesn't BURN!!

Today is what I'm classing as day 1 so wish my little Cherry Gar See-Ya girl a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!.. let's just hope I don't make too many stoned mistakes.

IMG_20210515_202234.jpg

IMG_20210515_202314.jpg

(I have some more seeds en-route to be safe)

Temperatures - Day - 24-27C
Night - 19-22C
RH in tent - 50 %
RH in propagator 80-100%
Current Light schedule - 18/6

I can't think of anything else to include in regards to specs but if I've missed anything off or if you have any questions or comments then get involved as I'd love some input and advice!!!

In the Meantime everyone I'm going for a smoke!! Stay High, Stay Happy and keep Growing!!!

PEACE!!!!

Runtz✌️

IMG_20201119_180223-01.jpeg
Welcome this is the place to be to grow and learn looks good

Quick update guys it's day 4 and my girl is looking happy she has stretched a bit so I've lowered the light to 16", there's also a lot of red LED's in the Mars Hydro which I think may also be contributing to her lankyness lol
PicsArt_05-17-06.57.01.jpg

IMG_20210517_063829.jpg

I also built and installed a T-bar diffuser for my humidifier, I was suffering with a lot of puddles of condensation forming in my tent so I used some 32mm PVC pipe to create this T-Bar, So far it has worked to better distribute the humidity without me having to mop up twice a day ⛲
1621323320896986341873744655943.jpg

Temperatures with lights on - 22-25c
Temperatures with lights off - 20-23c
Relative Humidity with lights on - 55-75%
Relative Humidity with lights off - 60-80%

So all in all I'd say everything is going great! My little girl is happy and I've got my set up dialled in to keep my environment where I want it

Happy days!!

Runtz

20/05/21 - Day 6
IMG_20210520_193701.jpg
Nothing much to update today guys she's looking happy and healthy I installed a small fan in the corner of my tent yesterday to try and get her stem to thicken up a bit and it's working well to distribute the humidity evenly as well, I'm eager to re-pot her and bury her a little so she isn't so lanky but I know I've got to wait until she's big enough!
IMG_20210520_210702.jpg

She's still just on PH'd water for now but she will be getting a weak feed at some point in the near future This will be a variety of different nutrients I have lined up so stay tuned to see how she takes it!!! Happy growing people!

Today is day 8 from her opening her first baby leaves so I'm counting this as week 1 of veg and she's doing well! :) All be it a little lanky and not growing quite as fast as I would like.. BUT the stretching has stopped and I can't change the light yet so here we are! :blunt:

She is actually looking very healthy :lot-o-toke: I've placed her closer to the fan to try and strengthen her stem a little, and I just got some better timers to control the temperature and humidity levels and keep them from fluctuating so much.

She will be having her first drink very soon which will contain a little Root it first feed, some Cal mag & Root Juice from BioBizz & some Bio Silicon from Plant Magic at very very weak doses, up until now I have just been periodically misting the soil and letting the humidifier do its job :yummy: I will increase her feed slowly little by little and use my other plants (vegetables) as testers until I'm more comfortable with how she handles nutrients

Day 8 - Still just misting the soil with PH'd water as needed but I'm thinking tomorrow she might have her first little bit of food

All be it a happy girl!

IMG_20210522_191316.jpg

IMG_20210522_191232.jpg

Day temps 22-24c
Night temps 18-29
Day RH 55-85%
Night RH 60-90

These large gaps between highs and lows should be reduced now that I have better quality timers for my humidifier and fan.

Week 1 of VEG LETS GO!!!

Today is day 8 from her opening her first baby leaves so I'm counting this as week 1 of veg and she's doing well! :) All be it a little lanky and not growing quite as fast as I would like.. BUT the stretching has stopped and I can't change the light yet so here we are! :blunt:

She is actually looking very healthy :lot-o-toke: I've placed her closer to the fan to try and strengthen her stem a little, and I just got some better timers to control the temperature and humidity levels and keep them from fluctuating so much.

She will be having her first drink very soon which will contain a little Root it first feed, some Cal mag & Root Juice from BioBizz & some Bio Silicon from Plant Magic at very very weak doses, up until now I have just been periodically misting the soil and letting the humidifier do its job :yummy: I will increase her feed slowly little by little and use my other plants (vegetables) as testers until I'm more comfortable with how she handles nutrients

Day 8 - Still just misting the soil with PH'd water as needed but I'm thinking tomorrow she might have her first little bit of food

All be it a happy girl!

IMG_20210522_191316.jpg

IMG_20210522_191232.jpg

Day temps 22-24c
Night temps 18-29
Day RH 55-85%
Night RH 60-90

These large gaps between highs and lows should be reduced now that I have better quality timers for my humidifier and fan.

Week 1 of VEG LETS GO!!!
My outdoor girls go thru 30 to 40°f changes everyday from morning to afternoon. You should be fine but stable is better.

Good morning everyone!!

So my new timer is working well to keep my environmentals more stable than before :D

Here are the temperature & humidity readings with the lights on from roughly the last 8 hours and the large fluctuation has been reduced by quite a bit:yahoo:the humidity is still jumping around a little but I'm not worried as the average is between 65 & 75% which is great for her!
IMG_20210523_060132.jpg

IMG_20210523_060144.jpg
IMG_20210523_060150.jpg

Today is day 9 (2nd Day Week 1 of Veg) and I have decided I will knock up a very VERY weak mix of feed today and see how she takes it :)
IMG_20210523_065826.jpg

(I am waiting till the end of week one/start of week 2 of Veg before I add the Bio-grow)
I don't want is to burn my baby! :ganjamon: so she will be getting about a 20% strength or less to begin with (multiple dilution rates of different elements)

I will start her with some Root it first feed, some bio Silicon from Plant Magic & a little Cal-Mag & root juice from BioBizz. The mix will also be dechlorinated and PH'd to around 5.9/6.0 (the soil will eventually buffer this anyway).

If everything goes well and I don't see any signs of stress :lot-o-toke: then in week 2 I will look to up her feed strength and add the BioBizz Bio-Grow :woohoo:

I would really appreciate all the information and guidance you can give me guys if I'm doing anything and you're cringing or thinking NOOOOOOO!!! please tell me as I'm still VERY new to this...:thumb:

Happy growing everyone!!!

I will keep posting regular updates to let you know how she's doing but in the meantime happy growing!

Good Morning Growers!!

So it's Day 12, 26/05/21 and the damage I caused by letting her roots dry out a few days ago is now much more visible! :bravo:
Sunday
IMG_20210524_063817.jpg

IMG_20210524_063639.jpg

Wednesday
IMG_20210526_102653.jpg

IMG_20210526_103059.jpg

IMG_20210526_103131.jpg

I didn't want to over water her and ended up going too far the other way, letting her dry out too much which has scorched the next set of true leaves...Because I'm STUPID... :cheesygrinsmiley:

On a happier note she accepted a drink with her first feed very well and is slowly bouncing back! :thumb:

The stall on her growth seems to have ended, and even though theyre a bit yellow she's still pushing those new leaves out so I'm not toooooo worried :bongrip:

I also checked the roots of some of the other plants which started at the same time and they're NOWHERE near re-potting yet so I don't think that's happening this Sunday like I thought lol... but we shall see!

Temps - 19-23c
RH - 50-80%

Any advice or comments are greatly welcomed!!

Happy Growing!!!

Runtz :yummy:

Evening growers!!

So it's day 13 and typically she is struggling!!! I fed them all this morning at half dose which all but her have accepted well with no issues... However as you can see from the pictures my baby girl is struggling!!! She's not standing up tall and strong she's all flopped over and it looks like she might have a little nute burn on the tips of her leaves...
IMG_20210527_193130.jpg
IMG_20210527_194336.jpg

However I do also have some AMAZING NEWS!!!

So I started working in one of the UK's best hydro stores about 3 months ago, and today I was gifted...THATS RIGHT GIVEN FOR FREE!!!... A BRAND NEW JUST RELEASED TELOS 6 PRO 185w LED light to take home and test!!! :thumb:
IMG_20210527_193223.jpg

IMG_20210527_193202.jpg

I'm going to leave her for tonight and see how she looks in the morning, I'm thinking because this light is much more powerful, a better spectrum with newer more efficient LED chips and All round just blows the Mars Hydro out of the water, that she may perk up without me having to flush her through... But tomorrow morning I'm sure she will tell me what I need to do :D

If there are any experienced growers reading this, please any advice on what to do with her would be greatly GREATLY appreciated!!

Peace out!!!

Runtz

If it were me I would get about 1 foot of electrical wire #12 with the insulation on it, I prefer green to match the plant. Stick one end into the dirt and push it down to the bottom of the cup going down the inside surface of the cup, make a loop around the plant stem then bend the wire down and stick the other end of the wire down the other side of the cup. Make the loop about the size of your finger when you go around the stem below the leaves about an inch. I never use nutes of any kind until I transplant into a larger pot. You need to do this today don't wait to see if the plant straightens its self up. My last plant a Bruce Banner did the same stretch as your plant and that is what I did with it. It is about 58 days old and I transplanted to a larger pot about a week ago and let the wire stay in the larger pot. It is a foot tall today.

If it were me I would get about 1 foot of electrical wire #12 with the insulation on it, I prefer green to match the plant. Stick one end into the dirt and push it down to the bottom of the cup going down the inside surface of the cup, make a loop around the plant stem then bend the wire down and stick the other end of the wire down the other side of the cup. Make the loop about the size of your finger when you go around the stem below the leaves about an inch. I never use nutes of any kind until I transplant into a larger pot. You need to do this today don't wait to see if the plant straightens its self up. My last plant a Bruce Banner did the same stretch as your plant and that is what I did with it. It is about 58 days old and I transplanted to a larger pot about a week ago and let the wire stay in the larger pot. It is a foot tall today.
Thanks for the advice!! I've fashioned a support for her using a few cotton buds :cheesygrinsmiley: it's not very pretty but it works haha! :ganjamon:
IMG_20210527_224923.jpg

Thanks for the advice!! I've fashioned a support for her using a few cotton buds :cheesygrinsmiley: it's not very pretty but it works haha! :ganjamon:
IMG_20210527_224923.jpg
I did something like that with the BB using paper clips but it fell over again going the other direction. with the wire it can fall in any direction and it want go down. I don't like growing seeds. I have a Green Crack plant that is over a year old that is 6 foot 8 inches tall that I have taken a lot of clones off of it.

I did something like that with the BB using paper clips but it fell over again going the other direction. with the wire it can fall in any direction and it want go down. I don't like growing seeds. I have a Green Crack plant that is over a year old that is 6 foot 8 inches tall that I have taken a lot of clones off of it.
I'm hoping she should perk up a little with the new light and not need the support for too much longer but if she does I will make a little ring for her like you suggested, (fuck I'm whipped already haha!!) plus when I re-pot her she will be getting buried a little deeper.

I've already got these seeds now but further down the line if I get a second tent I could have a mother in there or I might be able to get some clones from friends but that's not a guarantee

Whew. You've got a lot going on here! You started feeding pretty early. What's in your soil mix?

Guess I am fortunate because I have a lot of room to grow indoors but would rather be outside. One of my problems will be heat from the lights this summer in my veg room. I am running an 8 tube Quantum Bad Boy that I think is over 400 watts, a 600 watt MH bat wing and Mars Hydro SP 250. I think that I will do some electrical work in that room and cover most of the room with standard residential LED lights which I have a good many of because my son in law sells them and gets them free sometimes from the manufacturers. I am not a purist on lighting with the best LED lights that state they are for grow lighting and cost twice as much. I do think that the best lights need to be used for flowering. Others on 420 may disagree but this is my thought on the subject. I think I will get a new 4x4 tent and change the bulb in the 600 watt batwing to HPS bulb, put the SP 250 in a 2x4 Mars Hydro tent that I have along with a 4x4 Mars Hydro tent with 2 SP 3000 and put them all into a separate room with air conditioning for July and August this summer. I mainly grow sativas that handle heat pretty good but I am hitting 90 degrees in my flower tent and mid 80's in my veg room. at present and it will only get worse.

Whew. You've got a lot going on here! You started feeding pretty early. What's in your soil mix?

Yeah I went a bit early with a very weak feed perhaps a bit too soon for someone as new to growing as me, my media is 75% BioBozz Light Mix & 25% Canna Pro Coco to Improve drainage

Day 14 - And the end of the first week of veg and she's not doing great BUT it's Friday 28/06/21 and I got paid today... So I was able to upgrade my tent to a 0.75x0.75x2.0m BudBox Pro in white to give her more room! :thumb: I also upgraded my fan controler to an SMS controler which has a temperature probe. If it gets too hot the fan kicks in on full power until the temperature comes back down below the maximum i want (26c) :bong:
IMG_20210528_220734.jpg

IMG_20210528_220749.jpg

IMG_20210528_220803.jpg

IMG_20210528_220822.jpg

So hopefully I don't have to worry about LST and heat stress too much anymore! I also bought some 8L pots now I have the extra height, That other tent was way WAY too small for my new light lol

I flushed about 1L of water through her last night so now I'm just going to leave everything to settle and will come back in a few days with some good news hopefully
:cough:
Runtz

Back
Top Bottom