Wonderland Grow

Good to have you back, Alice!
Glad the Jack gave you some great smoke....and that AK is a real looker-airy
buds or not,she is a beauty :welldone:

Thanks for all of you, guys.
I'll upload pics of buds, they have some weight for sure, it's just hard to keep up with the thickness when the individual flowers are that long.
How much do you trust pistil production opposed to trichome color regarding harvest time? As I mentioned yesterday, there are still a lot of fresh, white hairs coming out of her, but a somewhat smaller percentage of the trichomes show amber now. I didn't keep precise notes about it, but I guess I saw the first amber trichs about 6-8 days ago, and they are slowly progressing. I know that it's a quite critical part of the whole grow, I don't want to mess it up. Would you actually cut down a plant with a lot of new hairs if the trichomes justify it?
I watered her yesterday evening with plain, ph-d tap water to runoff, and I'm feeling this might be the last time she got water. Anywhere between 2 days to a week from now, she will be harvested. Discoloration stopped lately, somehow it always came in waves. She looks ok for a week, then one day she sucks out a lot of nutes from her leaves causing them to become yellow. Then these leaves fall, or I remove the most faded ones, and she's fine for another few days or a week. Then all of a sudden the next wave comes, and then I have 6-8 leaves freshly yellow leaves again. I guess she managed her storehouses quite well, to the edge, because by the time I'm done with her, she will barely have a few fanleaves left.

It's over soon. I'm going home now, just wanted to have a quick update and ask this quite important question.
See you later!:green_heart:

Mine had loads of white pistils, but I didn't want anymore amber trichomes in there than was already present. As PW say's, it's personal preference at this stage. Look at me making out I know what I'm talking about :laughtwo:

So I have two possibilities to choose from. Since I'm leaving home tonight and will get home again only on Sunday, I either cut her down today afternoon or on Sunday. The pot was still quite wet in the morning, I might want to wait until Sunday, giving her two extra days.

Jack, in the meantime, dried way too quickly. I think the heat accelerated it up quite a bit. The buds felt dry and sticky to the touch yesterday, so I cut the buds from the branches, and put everything in a closed carton box, and put it into a closet. I don't have boveda packs, what would be the best method to maintain the rh?

Well I'm new to it as well but can you get any boveda packs? I'd suggest getting an airtight jar with a couple of boveda packs in. Keep it in a cool dark place and burp the jar a couple of times a day. Should slowly get some moisture back in her. Had a similar thing with the buds on my little plant. Taken a few weeks but the buds are slowly improving with smell and taste.

I can't seem to get the 6g version, only the 60g pack. Doesn't it take too much space of the jar? I don't know its exact dimensions.
Sorry I'm not sure on that one. I got some 8g packs from the local hydroponics shop. Here's one in my jar.
IMG_20190609_000602_DRO.jpg

I can't seem to get the 6g version, only the 60g pack. Doesn't it take too much space of the jar? I don't know its exact dimensions.

The 67gm Boveda packs are 3-1/2" X 5-1/4" X 3/8" or 9 X 13.5 X 1cm. That 3/8" or 1cm dimension is the maximum, it varies across the pack, averaging about 1/4" or 6.7mm. The total volume is about 4.6cu in, or 81.5cc.

If you think they're getting too dry,you can put some orange or lemon peels in with them
to keep the moisture level up until you get your bovedas,but they need to be in a jar (or a turkey cooking bag) for them to work.
Tossing a few green fanleaves in with them will also work,but again,they need to be in a jar or a turkey bag for them to work. (or something else that's airtight)
Don't leave the peels in to long or they might start to get moldy-8 hours or even a little less should do it.

Pistol color depends on the genetics. Sativa leaners and pure sativa will throw out new pistols even after they are chopped and hanging to dry.

Look at the shape of the calyx. Once we see pistols start to retract into the calyx then the flowers are ripe to over ripe. You will loose THC the longer you wait once that process starts.

Yellow fan leaves late in flower = perfectly healthy and normal. Let them fall off.

They are giving back the sugars to the flowers from photosynthesis and why they are yellow. The green part is the chlorophyll and where the sugars are stored. The leaves begin to give those back for the final push to make seeds.

Green leaving the leaves goes directly to the flowers in the form of sugars. yum yum.

These are what I use. I put them in 1/2 gal jars with weed, they work same in quart jars.

The smaller packs are for end users! lol I like to gift them to all my friends.

These are what I use. I put them in 1/2 gal jars with weed, they work same in quart jars.

The smaller packs are for end users! lol I like to gift them to all my friends.
I should have bought the bigger packs probably. I found the smaller, 6g ones on amazon, and they already shipped it, it's arriving tomorrow, so at least I didn't have to wait that long.
Maybe I'll put 2 or 3 of them into a jar, if that's even enough. I bought the 10-piece pack, so should be enough.

As for the shape of the calyx, it's hard for me to tell. The AK is still alive, and pushing out new calyxes from time to time. But now I really think it's time to cut her down. It won't happen today, but probably tomorrow, when she will be 15 weeks old. That's actually +50% to her expected lifetime, what a strong, ever growing plant.

If you think they're getting too dry,you can put some orange or lemon peels in with them
to keep the moisture level up until you get your bovedas,but they need to be in a jar (or a turkey cooking bag) for them to work.
Tossing a few green fanleaves in with them will also work,but again,they need to be in a jar or a turkey bag for them to work. (or something else that's airtight)
Don't leave the peels in to long or they might start to get moldy-8 hours or even a little less should do it.

Great tips, thank you! I jarred up the buds about 40 hours ago, I'm curious how they'll feel when I get home in an hour or so. Would the orange and lemon peels modify the taste? Like with a tictac box, I used to put my weed into it, and it gave a quite noticeable minty aroma to my joints. I may grab some orange with me before I get home. :cool:

My pocket scale just arrived, will put it into use soon, until that I can say that Jack's yield look something like an ounce by the eye, probably somewhere below that. I'm waiting for the bovedas to finally bring the buds to around 62% rh, then I can scale them.

It's my quick update for now, I'm in the office, so unfortunately, no photos yet. I hope to have at least one, probably two more updates this week, if I ever have the time. By then my AK will be harvested, I'm really into it now.

Have a great week, dear 420ers, happy growing, happy smoking to all of you! :green_heart:

Would the orange and lemon peels modify the taste?
I've used them a couple of times,and didn't notice a change in the taste,but weed all sort of tastes the same to me,so I may not be the best judge...
You could also just pull a few green leaves off the AK and put them in there-
They'll do the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom