BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

re: BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

grow it right, wash it, dry and cure properly...booyah!! You become a LIFETIME member of the Club!! the DBHB Kit Grown Cannabis Snob
Club :)

Tough membership to have, sometimes...really :) ..especially when you sample flavors and effects you didn't know existed, you won't settle for just any weed..welcome to da Club!
:welcome:

Well I sure hope to make the club proud. I am not a very heavy smoker, but I think I can grow better bud than what is available locally. That's really my aim is to bring a much better product to my circle.

If you mean trimming while the plant is still growing, I'm still getting my feet wet with the pruning/shaping business. Since all my produce is for me alone, I'm not concerned with huge buds or bag appeal. But I do want to learn trimming to provide the best yield and quality. Right now, I tend to leave any leaf that looks like it is helping more than draining the plant. Once a leaf is near toast, I remove it. Otherwise, I leave them. That was outside. Inside I try to do a little more since light penetration isn't as good. I never take off sugar leaves if I can help it. They are some of the good stuff.

I'm still learning my post-harvest trimming, as well. I do a rough trim of all the fans. Let it dry. Then trim again for final product before curing.

Whatever you're doing, it's working!

Believe it or not I was actually talking about your harvested buds. I was reading about Doc Bud saying how his favorite smoke is the sugar leaf and then from looking through the thread you have in your sig it looks like you have some sugar leaf on your harvested buds. They look good, either way!

I am glad to hear that because I had a rough start and C47's lower fans are crispy, so I thought I was screwing the pooch. I think it will turn out a decent grow, tons learned for sure. I am thankful to all of you because I have learned so much from you guys outside of this thread. And it never hurts to have a couple guys boost the confidence! :high-five:

That's cuz I'm lazy and I had a LOT to trim. But if it looks like good smoke, I leave it. I'm not out to impress anyone but myself.
I can't deny I'd like to have a NotM contender, but I know that's down the road quite a ways when I see what others bring to the table.

That's cuz I'm lazy and I had a LOT to trim. But if it looks like good smoke, I leave it. I'm not out to impress anyone but myself.
I can't deny I'd like to have a NotM contender, but I know that's down the road quite a ways when I see what others bring to the table.

Man, I see NotM and I think a lot has to do with how you photograph it. Of course you want to grow a nice looking bud, but I think the majority of the people growing here are capable of NotM, just gotta get creative with the setup.

Man, I see NotM and I think a lot has to do with how you photograph it. Of course you want to grow a nice looking bud, but I think the majority of the people growing here are capable of NotM, just gotta get creative with the setup.

Very true. A lot (most) of it is in the photography. Still, stiff competition each month.

Can't win if you don't play. It's free to enter, so throw your hat in the ring.

I have, and I will. :thumb:

Once I get a plant worth writing home about I know I am surely entering PotM and once the harvest comes I will enter NotM as well. Would love to win a Mars Hydro light or a Magical Butter machine.

lol...I have a HSO blue dream top about as big as my fist I'll drop in there this time I guess. But I also know I don't make them look very pretty the way I trim. I leave all the sugar stuff mostly and they look a bit ragged when ready for consumption. That little nug jar and some of the swag would be cool, but it really is about just growing my own medicine for me.

:cool:

Last night I finally got to smoke (vape) some bud that I have grown. I did the trim on Critical 47 a while back and decided to dry the buds and see if I got high. Well I sure did. Got a nice little buzz. Excited to see what the finished product holds. I pulled the girls out and hit them with the Brix foliar today. No pictures. Going to drench the two bigger girls tomorrow or the next day. Critical 47 has Cat Drench coming up as soon as she is dry. Fun things to come!

Decided to post up a picture. I gave them straight RO water last and now it looks like I have some sad leaves. Any ideas?

IMG_124524.JPG

Got a nice little update coming at you guys. First off we have Critical 47 cruising right along. Was bending down some of the smaller bud sites the other day and snapped a branch, so I used some duck tape. I am just waiting for it to dry out so I can hit it with Cat Drench. Twiddling my thumbs. It's looking really nice other than that. Been giving it some epsom salt here and there, gotta get a little better about it. She has an amazing peppery citrus smell that is intoxicating. On to the pics.

IMG_124727.JPG

IMG_124927.JPG

IMG_125119.JPG

Now next up we have Mazar. Mazar has also been cruising right along, about twice as tall as Critical 47. She needs a little epsoms here and there, but I am working that out. Mazar has a faint lemon smell to her. Not much to report on her.

IMG_125320.JPG

IMG_125427.JPG

IMG_125621.JPG

Stacked OG is the last girl in the lineup. She is the tallest of the bunch. I see her buds progressing nicely and look forward to the end product. Have a little leaf curl but we are working on that.

IMG_125920.JPG

IMG_126020.JPG

IMG_126120.JPG

Got a nice little update coming at you guys. First off we have Critical 47 cruising right along. Was bending down some of the smaller bud sites the other day and snapped a branch, so I used some duck tape. I am just waiting for it to dry out so I can hit it with Cat Drench. Twiddling my thumbs. It's looking really nice other than that. Been giving it some epsom salt here and there, gotta get a little better about it. She has an amazing peppery citrus smell that is intoxicating. On to the pics.

IMG_124727.JPG

IMG_124927.JPG

IMG_125119.JPG

Now next up we have Mazar. Mazar has also been cruising right along, about twice as tall as Critical 47. She needs a little epsoms here and there, but I am working that out. Mazar has a faint lemon smell to her. Not much to report on her.

IMG_125320.JPG

IMG_125427.JPG

IMG_125621.JPG

Stacked OG is the last girl in the lineup. She is the tallest of the bunch. I see her buds progressing nicely and look forward to the end product. Have a little leaf curl but we are working on that.

IMG_125920.JPG

IMG_126020.JPG

IMG_126120.JPG

:thumb: looking great!! :thumb:

:thumb: looking great!! :thumb:

Thanks bud. Looking at the photos is a little bit different than looking at the plants in person. The photos make me think that Stacked OG may be ready for Cat Drench soon, what are everyone's thoughts?

Thanks bud. Looking at the photos is a little bit different than looking at the plants in person. The photos make me think that Stacked OG may be ready for Cat Drench soon, what are everyone's thoughts?

Oh hell yeah!

Oh hell yeah!

Ok. Looking at the pictures they look so much different than in person. Once I posted the pictures I realized that based on the pictures I would have Cat Drenched Stacked OG today but I gave it GE instead before I looked at the pics.

I'm a new guy to but I would hit them all with CD next time they need water......:passitleft:

I have been to your journal Nate, no new guy excuse for you. Your plants are coming right along, so feel free to speak your mind in here.

Thanks for that bud.....I'm getting beginners luck with this grow.....doc isn't lying when he says "get your environment right" then its cruise control......:high-five:

I can relate to that. First ever grow for me and I come on here looking for help with my plants and people are telling me that they look awesome. I am pretty lucky as my environment stays around 50% RH and 80 degrees.

I was able to get some closeups of Stacked OG's three biggest tops and wanted to submit them for Cat Drench opinions.

IMG_126427.JPG

IMG_126319.JPG

IMG_126223.JPG

Thanks in advance guys!

Back
Top Bottom