BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

re: BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

It doesn't look as far along in these pic's. I'd still do it next time they are ready for a drench.

It doesn't look as far along in these pic's. I'd still do it next time they are ready for a drench.

I told you the pictures are tricky! Makes the plants look a bit different than real life. It will be 8-10 days before it's ready for another drench. I will have to post some more pictures before that time comes.

I decided that Critical 47 got her first Cat Drench today. Snapped a couple of nug pictures before.

IMG_126522.JPG

IMG_126621.JPG

IMG_126721.JPG

While I am glad you are riding along I cannot advocate doing what I have done because I am as green as they come. I also feel like I am a bit late with the Cat Drench on this plant. But I am new so I am experimenting. When you get close to Cat Drench time I am sure all the High Brix guys will be there to comment and let you know when to hit them with drench.

Ok, today was Brix Tuesday and I have decided to drop another update on you guys. Plants are doing ok, continue to move along. Looks like a little CalMag deficiency on all of them, but I have added 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt to the last couple waterings. Critical 47 got Cat Drenched 4 days ago. Yesterday Stacked OG and Mazar both got water with trans. Next time Stacked OG gets watered will be Cat Drench in a few days. Mazar is a little behind so I will wait a bit for Cat Drench. I have added some pictures of different funky leaves if anyone wants to diagnose what's going on. On to the pics!

Critical 47, small plant but the fastest developing. Pistils are starting to go orange. The fans on this one like to get crunchy. Not sure why, but they get brittle.

IMG_126826.JPG

IMG_127018.JPG

IMG_127121.JPG

IMG_127322.JPG

IMG_127623.JPG

IMG_127423.JPG

Next up we have Mazar. Mazar is really taking her time with packing on the buds. She is nice and frosty but the buds are pretty small at this point.

IMG_128030.JPG

IMG_128127.JPG

IMG_128328.JPG

IMG_127727.JPG

IMG_127830.JPG

Next up we have Stacked OG, the big girl of the bunch. She is coming along nicely with big colas forming but it the least frosty of the gang.

IMG_128526.JPG

IMG_128633.JPG

IMG_128726.JPG

IMG_128831.JPG

Ok, today Critical 47 got her second Cat Drench 8 days after her first and Mazar and Stacked OG both got their first Cat Drench.

Critical 47 is my favorite, she is small but she smells amazing and her bud development has always been the best.

IMG_129816.JPG

IMG_130020.JPG

IMG_131034.JPG

Mazar is frosting up nicely but buds are developing slower than the rest. She is showing brown spots on the leaf tips of all leaves and the leaves are turning a lighter greenish yellow starting on the tip and working it's way down. This is on all fan leaves.

IMG_130224.JPG

IMG_130421.JPG

IMG_131222.JPG

Stacked OG is coming along nicely, buds are developing nicely, frost is coming on slowly but I am sure since it just got Cat Drench that will change shortly.

IMG_130528.JPG

IMG_130728.JPG

IMG_131323.JPG

I'm not sure what to make of the burnt tips and lime-yellow fans. Hopefully one of the long-time kit users will give you their $0.02.

Finally someone whose shit looks like mine :D

Spoiler: it turns out awesome!

I am totally ok with my shit looking like yours brother. Like I said to Doc, I am growing buds, not leaves. I will take a hint from the leaves, but I could care less how they turn out. Give me the frosty buds!

I am totally ok with my shit looking like yours brother. Like I said to Doc, I am growing buds, not leaves. I will take a hint from the leaves, but I could care less how they turn out. Give me the frosty buds!

Frosty The Snow Nug is coming your way :)

I know that for high brix the paradigm has changed but I have always expected that I would be lime green at the end of my harvests. To me that was a sign that I had planned my nitrogen for flower just right. It will be tough getting used to the idea that they are supposed to stay green.

I was a blank slate coming into this whole shebang, so High Brix is all I know. I guess it would be the same as growing in LOS. I have to stop in and see the latest with the Hunger Games.

Frosty The Snow Nug is coming your way :)

Indeed! If the breeder info is right Critical 47 will be ready for consumption by Christmas. Hoping to build a snowman of a whole different kind this year!

Today I was moving some stuff around and seemed to bump my mechanical timer. Lights went out a little early so I opened up the tent and took some pictures. For a first time grow with plenty of mistakes I am actually pretty damn excited about the quality of the plant I have been able to grow. I have never grown anything before, so this is completely new to me. Critical 47 is a cool little plant, the nugs are dense as can be and the aroma is an amazing peppery orange citrus that blows my mind. Mazar has some golf ball buds with decent frosting. Not expecting too much out of this landrace, we will see how it goes. Stacked OG is just that, STACKED! Very nicely developed and the frost is coming on slowly but surely. Colas are looking yummy and I think it's going to give me a nice yield. Anyway, on to the pictures!

Critical 47

IMG_132327.JPG

IMG_132423.JPG

Mazar

IMG_132036.JPG

Stacked OG

IMG_132626.JPG

IMG_132127.JPG

IMG_133027.JPG

IMG_132923.JPG

IMG_132829.JPG

Back