BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

re: BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

Had a question for you guys. Keeping an eye on Critical 47 for signs of being ready to come down. I haven't noticed any growth lately so I decided to chop a sugar leaf towards the top of one cola. They got De-Stress spray yesterday. I looked and most of the trichromes were a little cloudy but not that bad while maybe 10% were a light browish. Do you think I am seeing De-Stress spray on the trichromes or could they be amber? The plant should go until about December 15th as per the breeder. It is a smaller plant, not sure if that effects harvest windows. Thanks in advance.

I think the amber is really amber and not foliars. Yer good to go at any time! :thumb:

I think the amber is really amber and not foliars. Yer good to go at any time! :thumb:

Well since you said that GT, it came down. I swear it looked like there was a spot of purple in some of the trichromes. Weird. She came down today. Bud washed as per the master's instructions. Nothing crazy. Will trim them up in the next few days. A couple pictures I took.

DSC_001481.JPG

16575.jpg

Don't forget to vote in this month's contests!

I've seen that purple in the trichs from another grower ... can't remember which one ... maybe Shotta? ... Tavo?

It was a great closeup shot and you could clearly see tiny purple globules in the clear fluid of the trichomes. VERY cool!

I've seen that purple in the trichs from another grower ... can't remember which one ... maybe Shotta? ... Tavo?

It was a great closeup shot and you could clearly see tiny purple globules in the clear fluid of the trichomes. VERY cool!

I had never seen purple in trichromes before so I thought maybe I was seeing part of the underlying purple leaf. It appeared to be like a drop of purple inside a regular colored trichrome. Was the coolest looking thing. I can't get a picture of it to save my damn life.

Tavo is a hell of a grower! :thumb:

When I bought my Huckleberry Kush seeds a Google search for huckleberry kush grows took me to his thread. His thread is what turned me on to high Brix. I just had to know how he got them so beautiful. And High Brix has led me to all of you. It's amazing sometimes the confluence of events that can change your whole perspective!

"..It's amazing sometimes the confluence of events that can change your whole perspective!"

-all from a plant...:)

the most amazing plant..

Well guys, Critical 47 came down as mentioned before. She is drying and I have a feeling that we are 1 to 2 days from going in jars for curing. Last night I put them in jars to see where we were at (thought I had let them dry out too much). 2 Boveda 62s per jar and a hygrometer. Left them there while I went to sleep. Woke up, one jar was 63% the other was 68%. Decided to pull them out and give them the day on the rack and try again tonight. I did a weigh yesterday, came in right at 2 ounces. Accounting for a little more drying I believe I am going to see 1.5 ounces. I am pretty happy with that considering she wasn't but maybe 2 foot tall.

Today Mazar got a Brix foliar. I checked the trichromes after spraying her and think I am going to pull her down once Critical 47 goes in jars.

Stacked OG Kush is trucking along, haven't seen any new growth in a week or two, ton of white pistils still. Was unable to locate any amber trichromes on her, so who knows how much longer she will go.

Decided that I am going to run autos the next round to try and get a quick turnaround and see what I think of them versus photos. Been following A-Train for a while so I went ahead and picked up some 5 gallon smart pots. Today I pulled three auto seeds from the collection and am soaking them in RO water. Tonight I will plant them right before lights out. With 5 gallon smart pots it looks like I can run 9 plants and still have room on the perimeter for my fans and humidifiers. I like the thought of running 9 plants because, while it may be crowded, I can hopefully get a nice harvest within 3 months. I have a good bit of photo seeds so I don't see me switching to autos full time like A-Train, but later down the road it may be in the cards.

Sorry, no photos today. I will come through with some in a few days. Keep it green.

So I was able to get some pictures today. It's rare that I get pictures besides my old point and shoot, so these are a treat for me.

Stacked OG Kush

DSC_002467.JPG

DSC_001868.JPG

DSC_003153.JPG

DSC_003443.JPG

DSC_005536.JPG

DSC_003746.JPG

DSC_006331.JPG

DSC_004645.JPG

Mazar

DSC_001190.JPG

DSC_001286.JPG

LOL! You nailed it, Newb!!!

Wow! Nice produce! :thumb:

Holy crap! +reps!

[Edit] And furthermore - Wow!

LOL! You nailed it, Newb!!!

Wow! Nice produce! :thumb:

Holy crap! +reps!

[Edit] And furthermore - Wow!

Thanks a lot, but I swear the camera adds 5 pounds of frost. But seriously I couldn't have done it without you and all the others I studied for so long before starting. So thank you Graytail for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us, you deserve just as much credit as I do if not more.

newB..time to change your screen name.. :rofl:

great job and congratulations on your beautiful harvest! :high-five:

Not ready for a name change just yet Zigg! Still plenty of learning to do and mistakes to be made. This grow turned out well for the mistakes I have made and I owe that to DBHB. I owe you High Brix guys all the credit. You forged a path and I simply followed it.

The second stackedOG kush pic looks like it is giving you a high five!

Yeah, love the foxtailing that Stacked OG is displaying. Can't wait for this plant to come down.

Very nice man! You will be forever spoiled now! :goodjob:

Thanks Neiko! Your girls are looking pretty delicious.

I really appreciate all you guys riding along, giving feedback and answering my questions. None of this would be possible without every one of you who take the time to share your experiences with the forum. As a group we accomplish so much more than we can as one person and I really appreciate everything you guys do. :thanks:

Beautiful, BN! Nice foxtails on the OG Kush. How much longer do you recon?

Beautiful, BN! Nice foxtails on the OG Kush. How much longer do you recon?

Thanks Major. If I go by the harvest time of the breeder then we are looking at December 30th. I have read that High Brix goes longer usually. That being said, Mazar by the calendar would be done December 29th but in my opinion it is just about ready to come down. I am not sure how to take Stacked OG Kush, do I look at the trichromes on the newest growth? I figure so since some people chop the tops and let lower growth go longer. So I am thinking Stacked OG Kush will be close to the estimate of December 30th, maybe a little earlier. Being my first grow I am really going by the seat of my pants and audience feedback here.

Well the Critical x AK47 buds are in the jars and have been curing for about 24 hours. The feedback is starting to come in from friends who I gave samples to. I was simply wanting to grow plants that were on the level of what was available here (non-legal state). The reports so far is that it is definitely as good as, if not better, than what people out here have seen. Very happy to be able to report that for my first grow. I only expect it to get better from here.

Next round will be the autos. I am in a 4'x4' tent with a 5 gallon bucket with a fan on top in one corner and a large humidifier in the other corner, so I have about 13 cubic feet of floor space to work with. Anyone care to chime in on how many auto plants they would recommend running? 5 gallon smart pots. I could probably FIT 12 but want to know what you experienced guy would suggest putting in there. 750 watts of HID.

Back
Top Bottom