BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

re: BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

Well not really much to report since we last met. Yesterday everyone got fed because they were all thirsty. Today they got thinned out a bit (still went a little light I am sure) and De-Stressed. Took some pictures so everyone can see where I am at. As always feel free to let me know your thoughts!

Critical 47, the smallest but the first to show pistils and frost up.

IMG_123129.JPG

IMG_123327.JPG

IMG_123230.JPG

Mazar, this one was second to get frosty.

IMG_123431.JPG

IMG_123532.JPG

IMG_123631.JPG

Lastly is Stacked OG. Always been the biggest girl in the lot, but also the slowest to develop pistils or frost.

IMG_123726.JPG

IMG_123827.JPG

IMG_123932.JPG

:thumb:

I think you are ready for a name change.

Howdy Brixnewb,
Just ran across your journal, looks very nice.
From what I have read here, it looks like you are well taken care of with a great set of mentors following you along.
Looking forays to seeing your grow till the end, consider me another one Subbed

:thumb:

I think you are ready for a name change.

While I appreciate the sentiment, I am not so sure. Let me get a couple GOOD harvests under my belt before we go changing names.

Howdy Brixnewb,
Just ran across your journal, looks very nice.
From what I have read here, it looks like you are well taken care of with a great set of mentors following you along.
Looking forays to seeing your grow till the end, consider me another one Subbed

Why thanks OG. I hope you enjoy the ride and I am definitely glad to have you along.

It's my first grow, so I am super excited for sure. Glad I stumbled upon DBHB before I started growing. Whole thing has been pretty easy so far. Not much to do now except look at them and wait for the pots to dry up.

that was actually the starting point of my FrankenZiggy experimentation..:)
im impatient..they run almost on auto pilot when you become One With the Kit :)

Alright, got a little update today. Thanks to Graytail I rummaged around and found that I do indeed have some earthworm castings left, so I top dressed with a bit. Better late than never! That being said it was time to get to grooming these girls so I grabbed the scissors. Being my first grow I just winged it, so if you guys have any comments, bring it on! I have a feeling I could have taken more fans, but I think for now I would rather tuck them than pluck them. I used slight LST on Mazar and Stacked OG and topped Critical 47 twice. Funny thing is that Critical 47 is the one I put under the most stress but when I flipped it to flower it took off and left the other two.

Stacked OG

IMG_121728.JPG

IMG_121639.JPG

IMG_121529.JPG

Mazar

IMG_122035.JPG

IMG_121934.JPG

IMG_122144.JPG

Critical 47

IMG_122533.JPG

IMG_122334.JPG

IMG_122426.JPG

As always any advice is appreciated!

That's what I am doing at this point. Going to keep on keeping on, posting pics and soaking up the advice. I figure I may just make it out alive if I do those things.

make it out alive?? You're rocking it!! you will enjoy the finest herb you have ever had in a couple of months...they look great!

make it out alive?? You're rocking it!! you will enjoy the finest herb you have ever had in a couple of months...they look great!

I appreciate the sentiment Dr. Ziggy. I have made some mistakes on this run and I am still learning. Mainly dumb mistakes that weren't a big deal. Think I have overfed the Critical 47 a bit because the older, larger fans are crispy on the ends. Thinking of hitting it with straight water next feeding. Coming up on Cat Drench time, going to have to get some feedback from you guys on the right time to hit it with CD. Thanks for coming take a look man. I really appreciate you stopping in.

I appreciate the sentiment Dr. Ziggy. I have made some mistakes on this run and I am still learning. Mainly dumb mistakes that weren't a big deal. Think I have overfed the Critical 47 a bit because the older, larger fans are crispy on the ends. Thinking of hitting it with straight water next feeding. Coming up on Cat Drench time, going to have to get some feedback from you guys on the right time to hit it with CD. Thanks for coming take a look man. I really appreciate you stopping in.

BrixNewb ..i agree..you will need to update soon...im pretty sure everyone makes mistakes, except Doc :rofl:
have you seen professional Baseball players avr? .333 is missing the other .67 yet they make millions...
experts make mistakes..we are our own worst critics and judges..the weed that others pass off as good or great is not either...it sux!!!
over the past month or 2 i was out of the country and tried the worst EVA weed and the most expensive..
well these seeds do have a way of showing up in Ziggys tents eventually so...the Mexican ragbag weed I tried a yr or so ago which sucked...grew amazing bud from its seeds..im certain those from where i was will be a wonderful pleasant surprise too in Docs kit. :)

another plus for the kit users..we all grow with you ;) The support from Doc and his students is fantastic!

post some pics when you want, someone will quickly answer you..:)

another plus for the kit users..we all grow with you ;) The support from Doc and his students is fantastic!

post some pics when you want, someone will quickly answer you..:)

I will be posting pictures often, at least once a week. Not much has changed since the last pics I took a few days ago. Another couple days and I will post a picture of Critical 47, want to make sure I don't miss out on the right time for Cat Drench.

Ok guys, I think I am a little premature, but I wanted to get other opinions about when to Cat Drench this plant. I have attached pictures. The buds are progressing nicely, but they aren't that big in my opinion. I can get some better pictures tomorrow, think I am going to water at least one of the girls.

IMG_124031.JPG

IMG_124130.JPG

IMG_124228.JPG

IMG_124332.JPG

IMG_124424.JPG

I Cat late, and I'd be thinking 10 days from now, so yep, the window is open - any time you're ready. :cheesygrinsmiley:

They look ready for Cat to me, but I defer to the masters.

Brix, I would give them a CD soon, and clean the bottom up a little..some epsom..:)

looking good!

Just did a watering. Straight RO water mostly from the bottom with about 2 tablespoons of epsom mixed in for one and then top and bottom watered in on the other two. I cleaned up the bottom of Critical 47 and some of the top of Mazar. Both of them got a destress.

I Cat late, and I'd be thinking 10 days from now, so yep, the window is open - any time you're ready. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for that GT. I am not seeing much growth from Critical 47 except thickening of buds, I think I will CD here within the next week for her. The others bud development is not even close so they are probably week or two off at least. But they are twice as tall if not more compared to C47.

They look ready for Cat to me, but I defer to the masters.

Thanks for that Major. That's the thing about the kit is that people have been tinkering with when to cat, so I am not too worried. But I value every opinion, regardless of if you consider yourself a master or not, you have grown some fine bud. Which leads me to a question for you about how you trim: do you leave the sugar leaves on and just trim off fans? Was looking through a grow of yours and it looked like that's how you did it.

Guys I am really liking this free bean I got Critical 47, some call it Critical + I think. Pulled it out the tent today and was just hit with this strong citrus smell that was absolutely shocking to a new grower like me. I always see people talking about the scents the plants give off, but to me cannabis has always smelled like, well, cannabis. Now this is from my experience with dry bud only. But man, I am shocked. I can't wait to see what kind of scents the other two develop. Getting interesting in the tent.

Just did a watering. Straight RO water mostly from the bottom with about 2 tablespoons of epsom mixed in for one and then top and bottom watered in on the other two. I cleaned up the bottom of Critical 47 and some of the top of Mazar. Both of them got a destress.

Thanks for that GT. I am not seeing much growth from Critical 47 except thickening of buds, I think I will CD here within the next week for her. The others bud development is not even close so they are probably week or two off at least. But they are twice as tall if not more compared to C47.

Thanks for that Major. That's the thing about the kit is that people have been tinkering with when to cat, so I am not too worried. But I value every opinion, regardless of if you consider yourself a master or not, you have grown some fine bud. Which leads me to a question for you about how you trim: do you leave the sugar leaves on and just trim off fans? Was looking through a grow of yours and it looked like that's how you did it.

Guys I am really liking this free bean I got Critical 47, some call it Critical + I think. Pulled it out the tent today and was just hit with this strong citrus smell that was absolutely shocking to a new grower like me. I always see people talking about the scents the plants give off, but to me cannabis has always smelled like, well, cannabis. Now this is from my experience with dry bud only. But man, I am shocked. I can't wait to see what kind of scents the other two develop. Getting interesting in the tent.

grow it right, wash it, dry and cure properly...booyah!! You become a LIFETIME member of the Club!! the DBHB Kit Grown Cannabis Snob
Club :)

Tough membership to have, sometimes...really :) ..especially when you sample flavors and effects you didn't know existed, you won't settle for just any weed..welcome to da Club!
:welcome:

If you mean trimming while the plant is still growing, I'm still getting my feet wet with the pruning/shaping business. Since all my produce is for me alone, I'm not concerned with huge buds or bag appeal. But I do want to learn trimming to provide the best yield and quality. Right now, I tend to leave any leaf that looks like it is helping more than draining the plant. Once a leaf is near toast, I remove it. Otherwise, I leave them. That was outside. Inside I try to do a little more since light penetration isn't as good. I never take off sugar leaves if I can help it. They are some of the good stuff.

I'm still learning my post-harvest trimming, as well. I do a rough trim of all the fans. Let it dry. Then trim again for final product before curing.

Whatever you're doing, it's working!

Back
Top Bottom