Brother In Law Ruined My Life Grow: Two Clones & 3 Bagseeds

Day 24 of my clone grow, I've watered only with water the last two weeks, growth is good but it seems I may have a deficiency or pests, looking like mag deficiency but any ideas send them my way. I've used some neem oil to deal with pests but the leaves are still showing signs of a deficiency
420-magazine-mobile2062269693.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1962018070.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1364992513.jpg
420-magazine-mobile902601558.jpg
420-magazine-mobile916121542.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1185034472.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1550950252.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Brother In Law Ruined My Life Grow - Two Clones & 3 Bagseeds

Day 28 of my clone grow and honestly I feel pretty down. Everything I've done to try and stop these leaf issues hasn't worked. I purchased neem oil, made a spray and that didn't stop the leaf discoloration due to potential pests. I watered with earth juice cal/mag and big bloom that hasn't worked to address a nutrient/mineral deficiency, lastly today I lowered my plants from my lights because light burn is my only other diagnosis as at doesn't seem to be pests and it isn't lack of cal/nitrogen because my feedings should have addressed this. My last other thought is that something was diseased in my soil, when I received the clones I put them in some 2yr old soil I had laying around and that is my last idea of what can be the root of my leaf discoloration.
420-magazine-mobile179244177.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1650284482.jpg

Thinking about tossing these girls and the containers they were in, scrubbing my tent down and starting fresh with my purple kush and cbd Dutch treat in fox farm ocean forest soil. Don't want to do anything rash but the visual of the leaves makes me think they might be beyond saving

Re: Brother In Law Ruined My Life Grow - Two Clones & 3 Bagseeds

Day 28 of my clone grow and honestly I feel pretty down. Everything I've done to try and stop these leaf issues hasn't worked. I purchased neem oil, made a spray and that didn't stop the leaf discoloration due to potential pests. I watered with earth juice cal/mag and big bloom that hasn't worked to address a nutrient/mineral deficiency, lastly today I lowered my plants from my lights because light burn is my only other diagnosis as at doesn't seem to be pests and it isn't lack of cal/nitrogen because my feedings should have addressed this. My last other thought is that something was diseased in my soil, when I received the clones I put them in some 2yr old soil I had laying around and that is my last idea of what can be the root of my leaf discoloration.
420-magazine-mobile179244177.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1650284482.jpg

Thinking about tossing these girls and the containers they were in, scrubbing my tent down and starting fresh with my purple kush and cbd Dutch treat in fox farm ocean forest soil. Don't want to do anything rash but the visual of the leaves makes me think they might be beyond saving

This morning I woke up and cut off all of the discolored leaves that were beyond saving. Going to make a stronger neem spray, I've lowered the plants away from the lights, I'm going to be feeding during every watering with earthjuice cal+mag/fox farm grow big to ensure it isn't a npk or cal/mag issue. Doing everything I can think of to not trash these Afghan clones

Hi Gang,

So I used to grow 6 years ago but it went horribly, I'm back at it but this is how I ended here. Long story short love my gig but its killing me and I actually ended up in the hospital. Doc gave me xanax, yada yada pill stuff, you know the prescription paper stuff. Bro in law comes by the house a week later with two clones saying they're afghans and that I should grow them. Fast forward from two weeks from receiving the clones and now this is my setup:

• 2X4X5 grow tent
  • 250 WATT MH
  • 1200 WATT LED LAMP, NOT IN USE YET
  • 4 inch intake fan
  • 4inch exhaust carbon filter fan combo setup
  • New promix to be used to transplant into when needed
  • 2 afghan clones
  • 3 germinated bagseeds

In my tent now I have my two fem afghan (I guess) clones growing in soil I bought 3 years ago from these guys Products | Lower East Side Ecology Center under an mh light since 2.25.17-now, and three bagseed plants growing in 3 rockwool cubes. The two clones are being lst'd and my nutes are foxfarm grow big+calmag, pics will be up tomorrow when my tent is on, girls are sleeping.

Cool story Welcome!

Spooks

Hi Chico,

I don't have alot of experience, but have run into that problem before. My first grow I did the same thing, including leaf discoloration. I was going to suggest cutting off all bad leaves, but you just did that. What I was doing was 2 things. Over feeding, and overwatering. So, after trimming offensive looking leaves, I watered dirt (in pots) in a sink to wash out as much as possible excess salts. After, I didn't water again until plant showed a little wilt. Root balls need to develop during veg mode. I have since used mycorrhizae to encourage root growth. Maybe next time.

I know it's daunting to try things and nothing works. This did work for me, and hopefully will work for you. Cheers!

Hi Chico,

I don't have alot of experience, but have run into that problem before. My first grow I did the same thing, including leaf discoloration. I was going to suggest cutting off all bad leaves, but you just did that. What I was doing was 2 things. Over feeding, and overwatering. So, after trimming offensive looking leaves, I watered dirt (in pots) in a sink to wash out as much as possible excess salts. After, I didn't water again until plant showed a little wilt. Root balls need to develop during veg mode. I have since used mycorrhizae to encourage root growth. Maybe next time.

I know it's daunting to try things and nothing works. This did work for me, and hopefully will work for you. Cheers!

Thanks brother I'm trying not to stress myself out so I've been trying to make sure all the steps I'm doing are sound, just frustrated that I'm doing what is recommended but still failing. I've just come back from a trip to a local garden center and they believe it is a ph issue since everything I've done should have fixed a nute deficiency, pest issue, or light burn. I've ordered a ph meter that will be arriving tomorrow and bought some new nutes recommended that are supposed to help because the garden center believes my ph is the issue.

Here's my plan-Hope it works!

-Clean out my entire tent, wipe down with disinfecting wipes
-Going to remix a new neem spray, one a bit stronger, apply to plants
-Going to wait for my plants to dry out (limp leaves)
-Flush with PH tested water to ensure range is good for girls during next two watering cycles (I never knew sitting water in a bucket adjusts your ph, stuff you learn from gardeners lol)
-After my 2nd flush (basically my 3rd upcoming watering) I'm going to use new recommended nutes by garden center
420-magazine-mobile372716470.jpg

-No more additional lst, my plants are bent pretty well and are still tied down so I've got a great potential canopy, I'm going to let them push up right from their current tied down positions
420-magazine-mobile718997464.jpg

I'll be taking some time off of this grow journal to monitor the areas above, hopefully when I come back every thing will be ready hopefully for transplanting into my 5 gallon smart pots. I'm also going to be dedicating a separate journal for my cks seeds, and a separate journal for new my bagseeds that I'm soaking. Last but not least I also have a spare closet I'm debating turning into a veg room and getting one of these lights to use since they seem to be a smidge cheaper than viparspectra but are just as good

Lots going on grow wise, looking forward to great ganja in a couple of months

Brother In Law Ruined My Life Grow - Two Clones & 3 Bagseeds

New bagseed/ cks seed grow journals are on the way but work has been kicking my ass so I haven't put energy into a computer as it seem there's always an era when a try and start a new topic on my mobile. Anyways day 31 of my clone wars grow and yesterday the girls looked thirsty but I wanted to let water sit out over night to drop my ph so I woke up this morning to thirsty girls. I've been having to water more often so I lifted one of the girls to see her roots and I'm very proud of the root work my grow has done. They looked healthy and could probably go another week watering every three days but I ended up transplanting them to my 5 gallon smart pot filled with 50% FFOC & HP Pro Mix which after packing it in seems like I basically filled it up 85% which isn't bad I guess, next transplant I will fill up about 95%. I watered only with water as I will be for the he next two weeks, 4 weeks for my transplanted girl. I want to let my other afghani grow a bit more in the other the current grey container then transplant it to a 3 gallon grow bag, I want to compare the yield between both afghanis to see which pot size is Gould stick with for future grows. I also unleashed them from their lst for a day and I almost cried. LST IS 1000% worth it! If I manage not to screw up this grow I may see a pound or more per plant because the potential colas are everywhere and I haven't even set up my scrog net yet! It was almost like I didn't recognize my own plants when I came home and I saw them all upright. Well I'm going to let them go one more day free then I'm going to tie them back down. Here are the LST free afghanis
420-magazine-mobile295407958.jpg
420-magazine-mobile11122672.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2061671254.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1106413571.jpg
420-magazine-mobile267248365.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1393619857.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2098744206.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2052232233.jpg

Day 41 of my Afghan clone grow and a couple of updates

-I took clones from both plants from the bottom branches that grew well from lst

-Transplanted my smaller plant into a 1.7 gallon container

-Moving forward I will refer to my Afghan in the 5 gallon grow bag as Mahasin. My plant in the 1.7 gallon container will be called Zaara

-Did everything I said I would to curb my leaf issues and most of the leaves look good. Still some here and there but no where near as bad. Seems like the transplanting and new nutes have really helped on the leaf issue end as well

- Stopped lst for Mahasin on all branches. Wanted to let all of the branches push upwards.

-Stopped lst on one side of Zaara. The side with lst is pushing well, I will probably keep in lst for the entire remainder of next week

-Goal is to start flowering exactly may 1st for both plants. Will transplant Zaara into a 5 gallon grow bag one week prior to flowering.

Here is Mahasin

420-magazine-mobile258968043.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1537840590.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1395460854.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1979183198.jpg

Here is Zaara
420-magazine-mobile887777372.jpg
420-magazine-mobile960005285.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1350630661.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2098370292.jpg
420-magazine-mobile328319112.jpg

Will have updates same time next week thank you all being apart of this journey