Bud washing: Before the trim or after?

Senorbuzzzzy

My question is more asking for opinions and preferences: I will be bud washing this season as I used some Spinosad and want to get rid of bugs and all kinds of ash in the air.

Would you wash the bud, let it dry for a few hours, and then wet trim before hanging them up to dry?

Or wash the bud, hang dry, and dry trim a week later?

My life is filled with planning and logistics. It’s a gift and a curse.

Lots of variables come into it, depending on humidity whether you dry or wet trim as can control how long it dries easier, along with people on both sides of the fence far as wet or dry trim goes. Far as the washing goes, are you doing anything with the trim? If not then trim it off and then wash, what I have done as I don't trim tight so not much sugar leaves get trimmed so it goes into the recycle bin myself as don't have time to mess around with basically leaf. It would be hard to wet trim after washing, as it kind of attaches the leaf to the flower or it doesn't stick out quite the same anyway IMHO.

Would you wash the bud, let it dry for a few hours, and then wet trim before hanging them up to dry?
Personally, I'm in the "wet trim" camp. So much so, that I typically wash just enough buds that I can trim within an hour. I just shake the excess water off and then start trimming right away. I find that trimming "wet" keeps my scissors and hands from getting sticky. I can trim for several hours without ever having to clean the scissors. I also remove the fan leaves before washing. That helps the wash buckets stay cleaner longer.

I've always wet trimmed, but this time I've used a flushing agent and an h2o2 wash/distilled rinse
It's hanging (7 days so far) and will be dry trimmed in a few more days
Many swear by it so I thought I'd give it a go
To be honest, It's a fuck site easier to just wrap in newspaper and hang in tent
However, let's see how it turns out - it will have to be fking good to warrant the hassle :cool:

Personally, I'm in the "wet trim" camp. So much so, that I typically wash just enough buds that I can trim within an hour. I just shake the excess water off and then start trimming right away. I find that trimming "wet" keeps my scissors and hands from getting sticky. I can trim for several hours without ever having to clean the scissors. I also remove the fan leaves before washing. That helps the wash buckets stay cleaner longer.
So far, I’m liking your answer the best. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom