Bud Washing

in these blind wash vs unwashed tests.....who smokes the unwashed? count me out I already suffered with that shit for like 20 years.

i've been born again, washed in the sticky trichomey water of truth, mixed with lemon and baking soda.

Its hard enough refusing everyone elses shitty bowls politely.......

Well i dont get the chance to grow indoor due to family and space restrictions. Perhaps one day i will get to grow indoors. I think with indoors they less likely to get covered in insect goop and gunk or get covered in some hairs or dust so bud washing not really needed, however, if i do grow indoors again then i would do washed v unwashed and see how things are. Most stuff i buy (even from people i know) isnt washed or dont wash it and it seems ok to me and never had any problems with it.

Bud washing is absolutely needed even indoors in a clean environment. Huge difference!

in these blind wash vs unwashed tests.....who smokes the unwashed? count me out I already suffered with that shit for like 20 years.

i've been born again, washed in the sticky trichomey water of truth, mixed with lemon and baking soda.

Its hard enough refusing everyone elses shitty bowls politely.......

I only saved one branch about 1/4 oz unwashed. Then whenever buddies come over I would roll two of same strain washed and unwashed and ask them which one do they like. Then when they go on and on about how much better one of the strains is,
I reveal that they are the same but one is washed. The difference is so big that as you say I turn down bowls, joints, etc. Someone gives me an unwashed sample and I just give it away. Yuck!

One of my buddies is about to harvest 5 pounds of outdoor. He hangs to dry in the bush then bags and brings it home. No water at the bush site and far to carry it so he is skipping the wash again this year. What a shame to ruin 5 lbs of incredible bulk by not washing.... Oh well, no thanks don't want any of it...

if someone can help out,i am getting ready for my first bud wash,what i want to ask is,is there anything to avoid
doing after the bud wash,anything that could ruin the buds while they soak dry?
Should i watch out for high or low humidity,anything else?

if someone can help out,i am getting ready for my first bud wash,what i want to ask is,is there anything to avoid

Wash 'em. Then dry 'em. 50-60% rh and around 70 degrees is close enough for a first harvest. You can play with temps and rH once you get the hang of it AND you have a drying space that is climate controlled.

Washing doesn't complicate the drying/curing process one little bit.

Watch out for dirt and dust, don't have a ''beardy'' fan blowing on the buds and so forth;)

Fresh washed buds are stickier than unwashed buds.

I have long hair, so I wear a cap while hanging branches to avoid the buds grabbing my hair at inconvenient moments - a small price to pay :)

I will get to sampling my wash v unwash soon. May try tomorrow between me and the mrs. In the tests me and my pals will all be sampling unwashed buds. Smoked weed for quite a few years and if unwashed is all i can get then will take it. I have enough of my own stuff to last me well into next year but not enough to harvest time though. I pulled around 3oz for myself and my pal got around an oz for his part. Was hoping that i would get around 6oz to get me to next harvest but things didnt go to plan but i have a pal that grows awesome stuff which is unwashed but he hopes to start washing soon. Till i smoke and view in blind tests i still cant give an honest answer. Been smoking stuff i pulled early (2-3 weeks early) due to PM and budrot so that needed washing and am enjoying the smoke. Am keen to do a test and report back to you guys.

I washed my yard grow for the first time and it gets the 1/4lb.ers too wet. Seems so! I got a floor fan on them because Im afraid they will ruin. Washing seems ok for reg. size buds but not for the monsters! We shall see. 2" of rain over the weekend so mother nature washed and flushed the rest. The last pic is an example of whats going next.
Happy harvest!!
Namaste
20161012_150802.jpg
20161012_151841.jpg
20161012_151823.jpg
20161015_121005.jpg

I washed a couple of tops that snapped off some outdoor after being weighted down with rain. I feel like I kind of defeated the purpose though because now they're getting cat hair on them from drying in my home :-(

Is the recipe hydrogen peroxide AND the lemon juice baking soda mixture, or one or the other.

I washed a couple of tops that snapped off some outdoor after being weighted down with rain. I feel like I kind of defeated the purpose though because now they're getting cat hair on them from drying in my home :-(

Is the recipe hydrogen peroxide AND the lemon juice baking soda mixture, or one or the other.

Doc Bud recommends the H2O2 part when PM is present. :)

@TheFertilizer - One of the better investments I made was in a good portable air cleaner for the drying space. You may want to consider that.

I washed my yard grow for the first time and it gets the 1/4lb.ers too wet. Seems so! I got a floor fan on them because Im afraid they will ruin. Washing seems ok for reg. size buds but not for the monsters! We shall see. 2" of rain over the weekend so mother nature washed and flushed the rest. The last pic is an example of whats going next.
Happy harvest!!
Namaste

Nice 4Dutchess - Getting very slight PM for me, is a blessing in hind-sight, as odd as that may sound. I never ever would have used Hydrogen Peroxide otherwise and since doing so, discovered food grade H2O2, learned the benefits of it, and witnessed it's amazing results on the 5 trees I've used it on so far. It's an incredible cleaner and killer of unwanted nasty PM and other microscopic things we may not even see. So I used the setup Doc suggested, 1/3 3% H2O2 with 2/3 H2O; followed by 1/2 cup lemon Juice & 1/2 cup baking soda in 5 gallons of water, followed by two more clean water rinses. LOVE the results.

I wouldn't skip the washing on those big buds. On my largest top colas, after holding them under the H2O2 water 1/2 way through the 60 second first cleaning, a few very small caterpillars surfaced in addition to the other foreign unwanted stuff that came out. My large buds don't seem to have a problem drying and what you might consider that also works for me, is after 4 days, I trim, break up the large colas and use a hanging net to finish the drying. What I'm trying to say, is I wouldn't skip the washing on the larger buds in-particular.

Up here in the foothills of CA we also got a ton of rain and heavy winds for past three days. Thank goodness I tied up the plants really well and they came through remarkably well so far. I lost one branch due to what I thought was bud rot; didn't want to risk it bringing it in just just tossed it. 3-4 other branches came down, but fortunately off one tree that is ready any way, so just made up a brew of H2O2 and two water rinses; cleaned them up and brought em in. Skipped the lemon/soda since it was just a few branches and they had been rained on for a few days; the H2O2 did the trick. Think the rain is over now so been shaking the trees trying to help em out. Humidity is higher as a result; running about 63 in the drying area and so far, it's ok, but I ordered a dehumidifier to get me back in the 55 RF range mid week.

My ladies are coming out so well. The sample of laughing buddha I tasted yesterday blew me away. Man, this is fun!!! Here's a shot of a buddha bud.

LB_Bud.jpg

LB_Closeup.jpg

Peace -Zafu

Finally had my first harvest, everything went ok during grow, no pm or anything so i washed with 3 five gallon buckets. All three buckets were room temp tap water, first bucket had one cup of baking soda, and one cup of lemon juice, other two buckets were just plane water. The first bucket did not get extremely dirty, but you could tell it did its job. Did notice a lot of red hairs after washing. Can not wait to try it.

20161016_005823.jpg

20161016_011416.jpg

20161016_014954.jpg

Back
Top Bottom