Budlovski's First LED & Bubble Bucket Grow

Hello everybody on here :)
Been of for awhile had no data and been very busy, getting and moving new furniture in spending time with family and buns, paid the price for it all, yesterday I did a workout then started putting a baby toy together and bang! One of my injuries came back must of twinged somehow but my upper back/should injury hit hard 4 times in 2 years starting to question vertebraes and disks now, time will tell, feeling better today though which is a good sign.
Hey Jacks hope your pain situation has gotten abit better mate, I myself am a huge fan of the sweet seeds red family strains even without tasting or growing I lobe the names and colours they produce plus they are all autos. Any extra knowledge and reference to do with growing is a good one and handy to have :thumb: I've looked at a lot of landraces and I like them world of seeds has a lot of the landraces, I was going to get a Brazil amazonia but held off but I looked at a grow of it by Smokey mcfly I think it was and looked like a good strain if you get things right :)
As for SC like you I can't believe she never just straight died myself.
update day 49
So things since I was off went on a plateau for a few days then went back on track uphill again.
SC responded well to the top but was a lil droopy and I left me guessing was it LED or thirsty?
so I gave her another feed then thought these bottom leaves are going nowhere just dragging on the ground so I trimmed the lowest growth, this put SC in a state of shock for a day or so. But this is where the good news comes in, I started to question her health thinking I've done it with this plaant now then the last 3 days she has gotten better and better and faster I've been amazed. Between 3 days ago till now the way she has come.
Now BS hasn't shown me the auto speed yet but today I noticed I really need to repot now since roots are on the edge of jiffy I think BS will be a goer when I put her in the pot for growth till harvest :)
I also added 3 new jiffy pellets in, 1 contains tomatoe, 1 contains mint and the other contains basil these will most likely be put outside in due time to help with possible smell issues during outdoor flowering. Now, that reminds me, I went and planted some tomatoes and capsicums near the ODs to help hide them, bad f###ing idea, what's my dog do goes and rips them all out and then decides OD1 has to go to so I came out to a plant on the. Ground I quickly planted her back in the ground to no avail at all she has passed which really sh##s me since she became a real favourite of mine, but atleast he hasn't got to the rest thank f#ck for that..
Just to add a lil more since adding my LED ove been playing and moving to find a sweet spot I'm really closing in now so that will be good!
Anyways long rant there and excuse my cursing but that's me when I have a temper with the ganja killing beast!
So here's some pics of recent progress! :)

SC day 48
IMAG11214.jpg

BS day 6
IMAG11204.jpg

The new non psychedelic additions(they love the LED and Jiffy combo)
IMAG11242.jpg

SC day 49 (early today)
IMAG11256.jpg

IMAG11273.jpg

And finally BS day 7 (early today, not reported yet)
IMAG11284.jpg

Anyways thanks for stopping by and having a look all, I shall be having a read and checking through everyone's journals as the day/night goes and after repot, bear with me there's lots. For me catch up on now after my break. I should/would like to mention that after a recent discussion with my step mum about my stepbrother she let me know she is still interested and wants to try this oil treatment for the epilepsy so I'm going to have to make some up with some of these plants as a thca oil and order in some proper CBD strains for the future grows so next grows would likely always be one cbd plant and one normal strain together.
Hope your grow rooms are smelling lovely looking green and you all are well, thanks :)

Aaah no man sorry to hear about your outdoor girl! Recon you need to publicly shame the bugger. You seen those placards the owners put on their dogs to name their misdemeanors? Yours needs one saying shameless ganja killer. Testing your love by the sounds of it.

Glad to hear your pain clearing up, best get it seen to if it's recurring mate, trust me from experience, actively do something about it if you can, don't play around with discs and react when it's too late. Some simple exercises and posture corrections can make a big difference.

As for the landraces, I had a look at WoS and the Brazilian Amazonia does look interesting but pretty sold on Kwazulu. Old African sativa and keen to revisit those pure strains from my youth. so that will be sativa sorted and thinking an afghan for a 100% indica which should be great for making oil too.:thumb:

Your SC has done really well to survive and I commend you for not giving up on her, sure she will reward you for it. :lot-o-toke: Glad she is on her way up. What are you planning to do with the light schedule? You going to run the auto on her schedule? Should give you some time for the BS to bulk up and then you can finish her off on 12/12. Or you could do a record veg on the SC (considering her age already). Will be interesting to see how you play it.

Really pleased to hear you going for the oil, eager to see how your stepbrother progresses with it. Plus for recreational purposes, the oil is very pleasant, dosing is a bit of an unpredictable headache at times but it's a very clean high and I recon you could find a very pleasant balance. I am planning on collecting all the popcorn from my 4 and mixing them together for a an interesting combo while the main buds are curing properly, will keep you posted on how that goes. :thumb:

Haha I like that idea, yes he does some days his just lucky I love animals so much, although he kills them atleast his still probably the best protection I ave for them against rodents or people haha

Thanks and yeah I've been thinking about now, howevr I've talked to a friend of mine on it who does a lot of personal fitness and training stuff and he said its a pretty common injury in the way that I haven't done weights for a few weeks before and shoulders and back muscles should never be pushed to hard coming back to things which is exactly what I did but from what he said its still just as seriously since the particulaar muscles getting torn or strained can still lead to some nasty things for that arm so ill probably get things looked at in the near future. Its funny you mention that because I did a lot of stretches, posture corrections, etc. This time and I believe that's what s made it recover so quickly since other tolimes I could hardly move through the pain but the worst thing to with the injury is to keep it immobile.

Yeah they look lovely those, I only looked at the amazonia because of its region and it has a lot of indica features, however I do like the look of a lot of the landrace sativas :) will be good to see you get into growing some if you do.

There was many times I nearly started over that's for sure especially when I first got the coco. She's is on the up for sure today she's put up heaps of growth :)
Glad you asked that, I did some adding up earlier and so BS is meant to take 8weeks, so if she does take that time her date would be around the 13 of march and at that time SC will be 97-98 days old LOL so the schedule is all really going to depend on SC she may only hit a good stage to flower when BS is finished so I'd probably flower her on day 100 that sounds strange haha, however if BS is still going or SC needs to flower earlier then I won't be to worried because I was always planning BS would end up copping 12/12 maybe half way through flower.
It all hangs in the balance with SC now, so I'm going to be interested to see how it all turns out.

Yep its time to go that way I think, might make a couple of batches if I have enough ill use an ounce for THCA oil for step brother An ounce for a THC tincture and BS Might be left for smoking/selling off aswell as the leftover SC which hopefully there will be leftovers haha I'm hoping thaat SC will be a nice caped high when done so ill feel comfy timing it :)

Sounds good mate ill be watching away as you know

Not an update but just thought is add that I added in my newer model LED since the other ones hood was keeping things to warm but this one seems to be doing the job of running cool with good light.
The light appears to be a little different to the other one but still a full spectrum light.
Anyways got a single pic of SC under the light on day 51.
IMAG11424.jpg

Another small update for SC (day 52)
Lastnight I gave her a lil LST to separate main colas.
This was her lastnight after LST
IMAG11496.jpg

And this is her today at lights on roughly 19 hours later, I removed wires since she had already spread well. I also trimmed to small sucker growth heads near base of stem to help stop her wasting energy done there and pushed it up higher.
IMAG11526.jpg

I'm happy with her progress since transplant now.

So another small update this time for young BS
I had a look and I was amazed at her growth, she must feel comfy now with SC finally healthy and moving along, BS must have trust for me now haha
My first note for the rest of my autos is I'm going to start the rest straight in pots for germ to harvest incase moving the pellet to pot may have slowed BS down a tiny but.
So this was BS late last night
IMAG11515.jpg

And this is her about the same time tonight
IMAG11565.jpg

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should move light schedule up to 20/4 but I don't really wanna stress SC anymore then she has been through her life.

That's looking awesome Bud. I was actually giving your situation some thought and was going to just throw it out there as a possible suggestion that if you wanted to do some training and maybe even LA's fluxing it would allow for a longer veg time which could work well timing wise with your BS. Seems you are one step ahead :thumb:

She is looking good, keen to see her flourish from here on.

Aaah just saw your most recent post now. BS looking good, always the toughest part where progress feels slow even though it isn't really I find.

I agree with you fully,Prior issues,transplant, LST and now switching cycles, cmon poor girl been through the ringer already, personally I don't see the need to change light schedule on her too now. Give the BS roots a little time and then sit back and watch her explode. I think you will be surprised, I found a noticeable difference with coco. :high-five:

Haha thinking alike on that one :), I did a lot of reading the past few days some scrog guides ksg some don't some do it later on some do it later, I looked at SC and thought noes a good time I was hoping to get her abit more 4way looking however she's grown abit more since topping then I realised but she should do great now either way :) its a good thing almost every plant I've grown I have incorporated lst and topping so tt experience should come in handy :) me too mate I'm so happy I can actually watch and notice the growth now each day.

That's what I was thinking it might some be my overthinking mind tricking me into thinking she was slow, then again ever since I diid my fast buds pineapple express auto every plant seems slow, boy did that one take off quick :)
Yep, now BS has picked up and going well I'm not thinking about switching light cycles now I'm happy to keep things how they since the ladies are happy now, I'm finding the coco to be a delight now, so simple and easy and works with what I can do in the time I have all I had to do was watch SCs progress as soon as she got transplanted to take a shine to this and now I think ill stick to coco for quiet awhile :)

Glad to hear you decided against it, I think they will both be happy from here on in. The 4 way LST for scrogging looks great i know what you mean but what you have done looks great. If I decide to do an African sativa next I will def look to do the same. Found a fantastic guide with pictures (not on 420 mag), google 4 way LST for scrog and you should find it. looks like you have her under control though and she does look happier.

Aaah the overthinking scumbag brain, I am very familiar with it, either leads to something genius or something really stupid, no inbetween. Sounds like the pineapple express spoiled you, but considering the slow growth of the SC you have endured it all should be fast sailing from here on. Glad you enjoying coco, I barely even measure anymore, a dab of cal/mag Canno Coco AB and a couple ml's of ph down and ph is perfect, runoff is perfect, plants look perfect (apart from some heat stress). I never believe the term idiot proof (sometimes proven the theory wrong myself) but in this case I think they right.

Thanks mate :thumb:
Yeah I'm happy to work with how she wants to go now, can't be to forceful haha yeah one of those sativas will be loving it, funny you mention that guide Google was one of my resources and I think I read the exact one your talking about was 1st or second on the results, is a terrific guide in my opinion :)

Yep I see exactly where your coming from there.
Yeah she really did even though it was very half assed soil grow she did well but I could of really had good results using this coco :)
Yep the slow growth of SC the fast growth of PE and my ODs just doing their own average growth thing been through it alright haha but once BS gets another week or 2 I reckon she will be blowing SC away :)
I hear you there mate, I havnt even used ph down or cal/mag let alone touched my ph metre since starting with the coco and the results I've seen speak for themselves so I think canna coco is about as close as you can get to idiot proof :)

Hey Mr Snow, great to see you pop by and have a read through, guess you can see how bad my dwc went now haha, but all is well apart from that and that poor outdoor girl everything else is flourishing and coming along nicely I will have to update soon to give an example of where my SC is at now.
Things are mostly all good my side hope all is well your side now too mate :thumb:

Here's another few pics of where I am at
Both got watered last night and BS got a tiny bit of nutes to get something in the coco for her, she was drooping yesterday so I decided she could have a good feed and water, SC got her standard nutes and water and is still recovering trimmed 4 low lying leaves yesterday and it has not phases her :)

Bloody Skunk Auto
IMAG11685.jpg

Stawberry cough, day 57
IMAG11674.jpg

Thanks for looking all, hope everything's lush and green your sides :)

Hey guys hope alls well :)

Today/tonight I have some pics but also some questions if anyone is willing to answer or help out.
So I've Been training SC for a week or more now ans she responds to it really well. I know I shouldnt do to much while she's small if I'm going to use the scrog net also though.
So one question is should I stop training now and let her get some vertical height going?
Should I keep training and top again before allowing to grow vertically?
Or let her grow vertically and top all abit after?

Here's some pics to help out
today
IMAG11795.jpg

Yesterday
IMAG11865.jpg

Her height wise, net is just a little over 12"
IMAG11826.jpg

I guess I should add I can't let her get to far since BS still needs light but there is room.

Here's just an added pic of everything going atm,
Oh I had something strange happen too, I planted 3 basil seeds, 3 mint seeds and 1 tomatoe seed, in 3 pellets originally.
Somehow I ended up with 3 tomatoes and 1 basil which you might think I mixed up the seeds but I have a clear memory of only putting 1 tomatoe seed in, quiet strange haha
IMAG11876.jpg

Wow, looking really good Bud and a big difference quickly. You may not be noticing the changes as much as I am from looking at them every day.

That plant looks pretty well trained, are you even going to need the screen? Long way to go for her to get there, my guess would be to let her get some height but let others with more experience chime in. Seems you will already be able to get the canopy even with what you are already doing and if you are planning to veg her for the life cycle of the BS you could always continue to tuck her under the screen. Are you still toying with that idea? Are they both in their final pots? (assume the BS is). Hard to get perspective on the size of the pots but they look pretty big.

So glad to see you finally having some real progress, you have waited long enough for it. As for your tomato,mint, basil conundrum, well my guess would be you have been into the Pineapple Express again.:goodjob:

Thanks JD, means a lot through my mishaps, I don't really notice not till I start comparing photos and dates haha :)

Thanks mate, yes that was something I was thinking aswell but I would prefer to use the screen just for something different and some extra experience.
Thaat is what I've been thinking, I might let her get some extra height then top all colas then train abit more, I do want her to vege till BS is done just for light cycle, so I've been thinking maybe a week or so before chop I could start training her through the screen then flower her another week after BS is harvested. Definately still got that idea mayne ill just wait a few more weeks and think about it more then :)
BS is in her final pot however I'm unsure with SC, she may need to go up a size if I keep begging her which she still will be for awhile, her roots were poking out the bottom the other day so I think she may already be working out of her current pot, no bound signs yet which is good so another week or abit longer I may think about a transplant.

Thanks mate, not only am I happy with seeing it my Mrs is gaining faith back in the grow, patience isnt usually a strong point with me but I have been this grow and its paid off finally :)

Haha couldn't be the case, however maybe my probllem is not enough smoking to growing haha

Holy snappin' duck shit batman :)

Hey mate...wtf have you been up to lately? Oh I can see a damn whole fluxing truck load of good stuff! :)

Nice flux mate. WOW! I mean! :)

Mate, your flux is awesome...LA would be proud :)

He always say's lay em flat all the way out to the outter most edge of the pot, equally all the way round. Then let them go, so, my advice would be you've got a little trainging to do. The other thing is ...have you dropped this on his forum to get the fluxmaster's opinion :)

I think you should if you haven't....you will be very happy with the response I'm sure...the link

Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

Good morning mate, I hope you have a good wednesday :)

I am fully in agreement with Tassie, LA is super helpful and gave me a lot of input on my first grow. You are there and looking again, going full flux with support from him would be far superior than the screen I recon. The things that puts people off is the complexity of it and the extra veg time, well you have nailed it plus you have loads more veg time to come. You could grow an absolute beast!!! Perfect opportunity and your plant looks perfect for it too. Plus Mrs Bud will be impressed, happy wife happy life and all...

Hey guys :)sorry I've been away alittle, I was shattered after I read your post I went to reply and bang no internet left aswell as being busy, so that sucked.

Thanks for your great words there Tassie great reassurance towards my lat techniques so thanks for that :)
I will either tonight or tomorrow drop by over on to LAs journal see what wise words I can get haha
It will most likely be a slow process atm but I will pop by both your journals soon :)

Thought I may aswell bring an update aswell.
I'm not sure as to the day since I'm lazy and can't be bothered checking right now.
I'm going through a heat wave right now here aswell its starting to really frustrate me just won't let up, right in the last month of summer aswell and after I'd gone so well with heat so far in the tent I've had it at 34℃ at its highest and its starting to stress me abit Mayne I'm feeling the ladies stress haha
Anyways the other day I checked in and to my surprise BS was flowering rough estimate on start would be day 22-23, got abit concerned how short she was but she has stretched since I noticed pistols so I'm happy there, she has also got some nice dark purple looking calyxes developing also, however this is why I want the heat to let up because she is flowering I want things to get back in a nice range again.
Here's some pics of her now.
IMAG12054.jpg
IMAG12093.jpg

Back
Top Bottom