Building my new cabinet 7' tall by 6' wide by 2 feet deep hydroponic/led/light mover

Re: Building my new cabinet 7' tall by 6' wide by 2 feet deep hydroponic/led/light m

Yes you could make it half length no problem.
I pull the air through as it is more efficient.
The fan in the top is a pedestal fan with the pedestal removed. I got three identical pedestal fans when my grandma died and used those. It runs on low setting non stop and they last about two years before wearing out and then swap another.

I use bulk activated carbon 50lbs for $200 delivered in canada.

Not sure of the lifespan of it since I use secondary ozone generator.

Cool. That pedestal fan is fine for extraction? How's the noise?
No smells??
Cheers again.

Re: Building my new cabinet 7' tall by 6' wide by 2 feet deep hydroponic/led/light m

It is relatively quiet on low speed.
Smell is crazy when you open the cabinet doors but minor with it closed.
Add a cheap ozone generator and you are set
I have mine above the cabinet and the fan blows on it. Ozone is a little heavier than air so above is best place

Really great job. Very clean sanitary elegant design.. Big fan of that.

BTW, like you, our electricity hardly ever goes out here (I'm in NJ) and if it does, usually back on within minutes to a couple hours, but recently we had a very severe storm and mine was out 28 hours... I run separate DWC buckets from 5 gal to 18 gallon in size in flower with airstones (non recirculating) and they were fine. I do feed my RO water with MicroTes SOS bacteria and that may have helped.

Again, my kudos on the cabinet!

That build and the thread deserve a CSA rating. Canadian Stoner Approved!

That's the kind of quality build that used to be common for everything made in Canada or the US but is sadly missing now.

I'm making a veg tent with 2x2s. 54"x30"x68h. Has folding sides so I can get it down the cellar steps and set it up outside my grow room. Wrapping it with panda film, passive air flow and likely just use a 6 tube bank of T-12s I made 14 years ago as my 400 mh is on loan to a friend. Very mickey mouse beside yours but will be adequate for my needs and give some decent veg space. Made it that size to hold 2 tubs and leave me space for a couple moms and some small plants/clones.

I'll be setting it up soon and do a little thread on it.

I read your whole thread and it was more than worth it! + Reps for sure! :goodjob:

L8r

Its 1/2016 I'm reading and curious about details. I'm a new grower using a spare closet of the same dimensions. Have no idea what I'm doing LOL. Soaking it in

That cabinet is massive... Easily you can fit 20-25 beauties....

Haha ok OG, I was wondering if you could do me a HUGE favor. I would like to build this, I know I can do all the wood work, it's the piping & rubber & buckets I wouldn't know how to hook up. Although I think it's pretty much plumbing. Like what we have in the us called pex for plumbing a house.
So here's the favor haha;);)

Could you type up a pm for me and let me know the sizes of tube you ran from pumps to the back of the cabinet wall, then on the wall sizes and exactly what kind of pieces were used to go from that what looks like maybe 1in rubber tube into little 1/4 feeder tube it looks like. Also I saw you used the drippers with the 1/4 tube, any specific brand you recommend that has worked for you? Lastly what size res did your run in that little grey container, or was that the recirculating res?

All guesses at size of tube are only my guess from the pics. If you do find the time to send me the info I will surely one day build this and go to hydro dwc in your name Ottawagreen !

I don't have that info.
The supply tubes are 3/4" pvc. But you supply tubes need to match your pumps. My pumps are for a small decorative pond.
Get your pump, then walk around store and find tube that fits on it, and clamps, and elbows and tees, then an adapter from those to 1/4" irrigation tubing, and irrigation spikes. The reason the go down to smaller size at the end is so the whole thing will flow not just the lowest height one letting all the water out the one hole. Not sure of the brand but all came from lowes. They also have this stuff at Home Depot.
For the return lines my plumbing stores did not have the grommets. So I got the 1" grommets and the 1" flex hose from local hydroponic store. Same with buckets and baskets and hydroton from local store. If shipping stealth is not an issue you can buy all that stuff online too.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Hello,

This is my first post on these forums but I was reading about this cabinet and I just had to ask a few questions since I am a first time grower with a similar space.

My space is 2.5' deep, 8' wide and 7' tall, how many plants lined up do you think I can fit into this space? furthermore as a lighting solution, do you think 2x 400w bulbs on each side of the cabinet would be viable? I have a 6 inch exhaust system with a fan of max 440 cfm.

Dertzer.

I run 8 plants in 2x6 at the moment so you could probably fit 10-14 if you want. For the four 400w in a 2.5x8.5 that would be no problem if led. If you use inneficent hps/mh/hid then I expect you will have heat problems due to waste heat those produce. It may be possible with the cool tube type, but I expect you would need to add more fans.

Here is a picture of my 2x6 cabinet with 8 plants in it:
image19179.jpeg

Thank you for your quick reply mate I appreciate that.

Here is a picture of the space I am working with, atm it is 3 shelves that look like 6 different boxes as this is a re-purposed garage shelving.

Box_space.jpg

I am planning on connecting the top two shelves and placing a reservoir and control bucket on the bottom shelve. I am considering adding one 600w light on each side in cool tubes now due to pricing, there appears to be some great ipower light kits on amazon which should get this project started.

undercurrent dwc bubble buckets with a reservoir for ph changes seems to be a really forgiving system for new growers, What do you think the best way to rig this up would be?

I am hoping for tall bushy plants that have enough room to spread out, however would a scrog be more appropriate in this space? : )

Dertzer

Back
Top Bottom