CA215's 2014 Outdoor Container Garden

Good stuff CA those teas are going to bring those girls home, you have and awesome grow going and a little jump on the OD, best wishes and growing my friend, OG
Thanks OG. I have been keeping a close eye on these girls since applying the tea and have noticed a kick start at the bud sites. New growth was being pushed out nice and dark green, coated with resin. They are needing water this morning which I believe will be a few gallons ro, cal mag, molasses, and possible some liquid humic acid from microbe life or neptunes liquid seaweed. Would like to keep the microbial life nice and happy :Namaste:
Nice grow :thumb:
Hmm, I don't have mantises here, but a lot of lizards, which run around or sit in my basket full of mulch :) Happy growing and happy tea brewing!
Thnks conradino :) I have been noticing a spike in the mantis population.. I mean A LOT.. They seem to have set up shop next to the greenhouse in a nice patch of morning glories.. I believe they are living within the flowers as this is where I am seeing them most of the time sitting in pray for their meals. I have been moving them to the mmj plants also which has been keeping bugs to a minimum. Although, yesterday upon thorough examination, the ATF had a spider (not a mite) setting up shop down low below the canopy which was also helping with the insects but was constructing some major webbage down low on the lower popcorn. That is all cleaned up and the spider was moved across the yard to the roses :Namaste: this morning I found another up high and decided to kill it this time. I am not one to spray down nugs so we will run it out, keep a close eye on them. I am shooting for the reveg so I am not too concerned with the nugs although I may harvest a single nug if they get far enough through for sampling/debate to either keep or get rid of the genetics :)
Plants look brilliant under the natural sunlight there CA! You are going to be super busy come the Autumn time buddy! Will you be running an indoor and outdoor garden at the same time, or hitting outdoors all guns going for the 2014 season?

:Namaste:
Thank you Mono :Namaste: I love how the garden has been keeping me minimally busy the past couple months, jonesing for the bulk of the work I love it (lets see if I still feel the same way come sept :laugh:). If I have anything indoor running it will be a veg chamber. I will be poping many new strains here soon and would like to be able to clone and hold onto my favorite phenos :) So, for the time being, all guns are pointed towards the OD ;)

Here is a shot of the small veg tea that was applied last update, seems to have worked well on the gdp and atf but I think we may need to go a little stronger on the mix, lets not forget these ladies are wanting to flower at the moment.
100_9567.JPG

tbc

Here are some shots from this morning, girls are looking swell, they stink! The gdp is putting off the distinct smell of gdp, the ATF I have not come across before in plant form only in buds and then I again am still not sure if it was actually close to atf genetics. The atf is super fruity sweet and is throwing off purple bud sites everywhere. I am hoping the whole lot will revert back to veg soon enough before getting too far into bud production. I also believe that doing this will allow for the genetics to be put to the test and see if we have some reliable cuts or not. Both sweet cindy are looking nice small discoloration with the dots, same with the autoflower it has some spotting going on, they also received the "high power" veg tea which may have been a little too high power for them at their young stage, plus the autoflower is flowering..... so why did I give it a veg tea I am now asking myself :laugh: Enjoy :joint:
100_9610.JPG

atf
100_9611.JPG
100_9612.JPG
100_9613.JPG
100_9614.JPG
100_9617.JPG
100_9622.JPG

gdp
100_9625.JPG
100_9626.JPG
100_9628.JPG
100_9629.JPG
100_9632.JPG
100_9634.JPG

sweet cindy 1
100_9636.JPG
100_9637.JPG
100_9638.JPG
100_9635.JPG
100_9639.JPG

sweet cindy 2
100_9644.JPG
100_9645.JPG
100_9646.JPG
100_9647.JPG

sage seed from session3, the tea was a little much, funky twisted growth. This plant is looking to be going in my juicer soon :cheer:
100_9640.JPG
100_9642.JPG
100_9643.JPG

critical+ autoflower
100_9655.JPG
100_9650.JPG
100_9651.JPG
100_9652.JPG
100_9653.JPG

That is all for now, the weather damp with poor lighting from the sun, will make sure to update here when better shots are available :Namaste: CA215

Gorgeous flowers and plants my friend! It looks to me those flowering plants are mature enough they're going to stick to their guns and finish according to a regular spring schedule. It's interesting to hear them say you want them to reveg, I think I'd like to completely avoid revegetated flowers considered the autoflowers I grew revegged on me in mid flower and kind of put a damper on things and I had to fix it with force flower. But all to his own, I enjoy to see your growing style and methods, as they have obviously proven to be a success :passitleft: Your natural mantis squadron is really cool too, that is definitely a good omen :)

Can't wait to see how things progress here :grinjoint:

Ladies look awesome CA. The weather here is gone from worst to bad... no sun yet and very cold nights, its been quite a challenge. Hopefully May will bring sunshine to all.

Take care buddy

Very nice looking gals there CA, gotta break out those last two bog seed and give them a run that sour boggle was some good smoke. Keep up the good work have some catching up to do with the rest of you on the OD, if I have one this either way I will get something going, Peace Brother have a great week, OG

Plants look brilliant under the natural 6 there CA! You are going to be super busy come the Autumn time buddy! Will you be running an indoor and outdoor garden at the same time, or hitting outdoors all guns going for the 2014 season?

:Namaste:

Ladies look awesome CA. The weather here is gone from worst to bad... no sun yet and very cold nights, its been quite a challenge. Hopefully May will bring sunshine to all.

Take care buddy

The same here, 2nd day of heavy showers with temps going down from 80s to 60s, but my seedlings are not even a month old, so that doesn't make any difference.

Nice outdoor growing you got.
Thank you T!

Gorgeous flowers and plants my friend! It looks to me those flowering plants are mature enough they're going to stick to their guns and finish according to a regular spring schedule. It's interesting to hear them say you want them to reveg, I think I'd like to completely avoid revegetated flowers considered the autoflowers I grew revegged on me in mid flower and kind of put a damper on things and I had to fix it with force flower. But all to his own, I enjoy to see your growing style and methods, as they have obviously proven to be a success :passitleft: Your natural mantis squadron is really cool too, that is definitely a good omen :)

Can't wait to see how things progress here :grinjoint:
Reasons for letting reveg was a couple reasons, test the stability of the genetics, bigger plant come sept means another big harvest, another big betsy :), mrbub wanted a little cut from the gdp also, plus I am really liking the smells from both gdp and atf, I was kind of wanting to keep a cut to run it indoor come end of the summer season to see the differences.

But you're right, I am getting a little low on meds, some jars are down to scraps/shake. So, once I am able, I will start pulling these girls inside and put them in the 4x4 to continue their flower for the last 2-3 weeks of their lives. I believe we should be getting into 14/15+ hours light here shortly so I need to get on this quick.

I am also still seeing many mantis, numbers are increasing. I have been moving them to the tomato plants, flowers, more bushier plants and they seem to love the new locations. I have only found one guy who fell into my 5 gal bucket, other than that about each container plant in the yard has a mantis patrolling its canopy :surf: They are beginning to turn a nice pale green color and are growing bigger daily! Very cool!

Take care buddy
We have also been stuck in a little cold spurt, it is starting to warm up. We hit 90 yesterday but the fierce wind was knocking it down abit. The garden sure is enjoying my location, I hope the tables will also turn in your favor here shortly dani. I got my fingers crossed for your indoor gang also bud!!

Very nice looking gals there CA, gotta break out those last two bog seed and give them a run that sour boggle was some good smoke. Keep up the good work have some catching up to do with the rest of you on the OD, if I have one this either way I will get something going, Peace Brother have a great week, OG
Thanks much OG. Pop em brotha, I have a good 8 beans or so of the sour bog if you need any replacements. A good side note, BOTH SWEET CINDYS ARE FEMALE. Finally! If you recall, my last indoor grow we poped a couple., vegged into their own scrog screened, flipped, only to result in a bunch of good male juicing material. OD prior, yours and mine both males. If you would like to run one of these sc let me know, they have beautiful structure!

I also liked the sour boggle, very sweet dense smoke, very happy up medicated feeling. She may go on my line up for my sat dom this year... or maybe the ssh temples... Decisions decisions!

The same here, 2nd day of heavy showers with temps going down from 80s to 60s, but my seedlings are not even a month old, so that doesn't make any difference.

Are you running your seelings outside Conrad? I had seedlings out early this year and they seemed to not even be too phased, of course, they were in a greenhouse which had a decent constant temp.

So, I went out to do a nice photo shoot, camera died after the second photo.. I will update once more after class :Namaste:

Hey CA would love to run any BOG gear he has some good stuff, I have to wait and see what will happen with the OD this year getting down to the wire still trying to square a place away for me and the misses. Hopefully something soon or I may have to go Gorilla status,lol . Will get some thing worked out, Side note have some cookie crosees shot me a pm bro. Peace and all in your garden are looking good.

PS on the twisted growth I let the Banana og grow through it and she produced some of the best meds out of that crop, OG

Looking very god CA215 :thumb:
Thank you Fr3d, appreciate the reps buddy :Namaste:

Hey CA would love to run any BOG gear he has some good stuff, I have to wait and see what will happen with the OD this year getting down to the wire still trying to square a place away for me and the misses. Hopefully something soon or I may have to go Gorilla status,lol . Will get some thing worked out, Side note have some cookie crosees shot me a pm bro. Peace and all in your garden are looking good.

PS on the twisted growth I let the Banana og grow through it and she produced some of the best meds out of that crop, OG

Hope you are able to work out a spot for yourself OG! Let me know I will keep them along and let reveg, I have a feeling these sc are going to be some freaking beasts, the structure seems very strong, she reeks just how I like a veg plant to reek, a bit reminiscent of the sour boggle. Will bring you some of the SB seeds also. Will let that twisted growth plays it's role, I am thinking the tea they received was a little aggressive. Looks like they are still hungry, maybe more dr earth N guano will do them some justice. I like that side note, will send you a pm shortly brother. Hope you are doing well, I am getting jacked around by the landlord, throwing a major wrench into my plans. All shall pass shortly :wood:

Here is a quick photo dump for 5-2, very windy lately but the heat is getting here! The mmj seems to really enjoy this time of year, daily I come out to find them with praying leaves bending towards the sun. Come august we are hoping to have some gorgeous new flavors to show.

Still having issues on the auto flower, seems I am chasing it around again. I have been feeding both atf and gdp molasses cal mag and ro water to let them start pulling nutes from the fans.. I am going to attempt to let these girls get crispy dead before chop to ensure some sweet organic smoke.

100_96991.JPG
100_9698.JPG
100_97021.JPG
100_97031.JPG
100_97041.JPG

sc bog
100_97001.JPG
100_97011.JPG
100_97051.JPG
100_9707.JPG
100_9708.JPG
100_9709.JPG

sc bog
100_9727.JPG
100_9728.JPG
100_9711.JPG
100_9712.JPG
100_9714.JPG
100_9715.JPG
100_9721.JPG
100_97191.JPG
100_9720.JPG

til next time :joint: CA215

5/4/14 - began light deprivation on the atf and gdp to ensure they finish up, plants go in a cabinet from 7pm to 7am.

After taking them out of the cabinet this morning I am seeing a ton of new pistil clusters forming and don't know what to make of it.
The buds sure do look to be fattening up, but then again, the new growth I have seen to be an indicator of stress on past grows.
Their night time temps were a steady 70f which is a big change from 45-55f, the cab was also sitting at 70%rH. Will keep an eye on them.

Photo dump morning of 5-5-14. Blurry shots my apologies.

Light dep, atf, gdp
100_9762.JPG
100_9771.JPG
100_9772.JPG

100_9763.JPG
100_9764.JPG
100_9766.JPG

sweet cindys, love the width of their stem, leaf size is awesome.
100_9776.JPG
100_9780.JPG

I have been letting this auto do it's own thing.. and she is VERY hungry. Going to give her a nice dose of AN products, bud candy, nirvava, sensizym, and possibly a couple others.
100_9778.JPG

group
100_9777.JPG

Good job CA have some reps:peace::goodjob::thumb::bravo::high-five:

Appreciated Harley :Namaste:

I will post a photo tonight of the light dep gang in their cab.

I am actually really enjoying the idea and am contemplating doing this a little more often. A few problems in the way are size of cab, restricted air flow, and the likeliness of me not being around and missing a scheduled move in and out. So, we will keep an open mind and see how these two girls turn out! :joint: Positive vibes!

Edit: Almost forgot about my mantis crew! I would believe they don't like the light dep, they are also restricted from praying on their pray.. although, I would think if there is any bugs that closed confined space will allow for the mantis to dine IF I have any bugs on the plants which there aren't many.

Anyways, I need my morning meds! Stay well.

Yeah my light dep schedule is based off my breakfast and dinner schedule, they end up getting ~16 hours darkness and 8 hours of intense Sun. Works good for me and keeps them in flower for sure if I'm not 100% perfect with my schedule. Sounds like your cutting it a little short with the right on the dot 12 hours. Anyhow, I feel ya on the restricted air flow, as long as things aren't too cramped they should be fine.

I have learned that sticking one of those damprid moisture absobers (calcium chloride crystals) is a great way to absorb excess humidity and prevent mold/mildew in the chamber.

I also wish my KC-45 autos would auto as fast as your auto, these things take forever!! My regular photoperiod Blackberries are way ahead of my autos in terms of flowering. I was really hoping the autos would flower away on their own accord while I force flower. Last thing I want to do is force flower more autos lol, so if they don't flower quick enough, not sure what I'll do. Prolly just stick those autos out in the "wilderness" of the backyard and focus on the fall strains coming up.

Flowers looking great CA :thumb:

Yeah my light dep schedule is based off my breakfast and dinner schedule, they end up getting ~16 hours darkness and 8 hours of intense Sun. Works good for me and keeps them in flower for sure if I'm not 100% perfect with my schedule. Sounds like your cutting it a little short with the right on the dot 12 hours. Anyhow, I feel ya on the restricted air flow, as long as things aren't too cramped they should be fine.

I have learned that sticking one of those damprid moisture absobers (calcium chloride crystals) is a great way to absorb excess humidity and prevent mold/mildew in the chamber.

I also wish my KC-45 autos would auto as fast as your auto, these things take forever!! My regular photoperiod Blackberries are way ahead of my autos in terms of flowering. I was really hoping the autos would flower away on their own accord while I force flower. Last thing I want to do is force flower more autos lol, so if they don't flower quick enough, not sure what I'll do. Prolly just stick those autos out in the "wilderness" of the backyard and focus on the fall strains coming up.

Flowers looking great CA :thumb:

As is my schedule, worked around on my times I am available, sucks though as I have an hour to move them in and I am busy again.. Plus night classes sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet this should get fun, wish my k9s could move the containers for me LOL. After a weeks time, I thought about depriving another hour, give them a week or two to adjust then deprive another hour. By that time they should be finished up, gdp should be finished around 60 days as it is very indica dom and the atf will be pushed 80 days if possible due to its lanky sativaness.

I will look into the moisture absorbers thanks for that Les. Don't want to be pushing the limits on PM, that stuff sucks!
I need to fix a small fan in their prior tonight cab closing, I woke up freaked out this morning thinking the air was too stale and am probably right, I don't want to do something that I know is wrong, nip it in the bud before it bites you in the arse!

That auto has got me a little tripped out, I can't believe how fast it has grown with MINIMAL attention.. I would believe these seeds would work amazing for a gorilla style op. I may begin light depri on the auto also... That would not be fun to watch is try and revert back on me, I have never smoked any auto flowers buds before and would like to make this critical+ my first! BTW this auto is in a mix of the nrich and patio plus.. Seems the soil is doing work ;)

Hope all is well with you Les, will get caught up with your thrad later tonight!

Put a small 4" fan in over night which (by the digi meter) seems to have helped with the rH. The cab was opened about 1/2" to allow for the power cord to make it through, which also I am sure allowed for the rH to stay low and not hover into the deadly PM range. I then took a towel and hung it over the cab to make sure there was no light leaks. Upon opening the cab, wow, STENCH! I am getting kind of excited to try this gdp, it reminds me of some of the first herb I had smoked. I also applied some water to some beans I have had ready to be germinated. It begins!

Would like to throw a special shout out to OG1969 for being a true model grower, spreading the love for this plant and its genetics, and can't forget the year of assistance through the growing endeavors. OG had gifted me the drizella and bubba kush cross which will be documented, and a few other strains I cannot get around to yet due to numbers :) Major props brother, hope I am able to grow these out up to par for a decent show :Namaste:

100_9786.JPG
100_9787.JPG
100_9788.JPG
100_9795.JPG
100_9796.JPG
100_9797.JPG

Back
Top Bottom