CA215's Outdoor Session 1

Beautiful stuff there Ca, I don't sweat the outdoor to bad unless it is bugs but the majority of your plants look awesome, i have pulled some yellow leaves off but 99 % of the plant is nice and green , it happens you can't save all the leaves, lol. Will get some pics of my girls up soon has been way over do for an update and they are doing great love the BOG plants starting to bust out and grow and have some big ass 11 finger leaves on them girls. Shack is a beast but doing it Phat bottom girl style ( wide) which is nice the one Blueberry plant is gonna be a tall girl maybe in the 9 foot range when she is done if they stretch like the indoor did, she is pushing 4 1/2 feet and almost as wide and the stalk is like a beer can almost. Killer grow Bro Plus reps will jump over and check the 4x4 even though I dont have mine up and running way to dam hot for that right now, Peace OG.

Hah I know I would be able to save all the leafs, but, at this point my issue is i've removed easily 40%+ of blue dreams leafs no doubt, and looking into the dark right now I can still see some more yellow that is going to be removed. These girls aren't liking the soil I provided anymore, If I recall I added in a small amount of MG organic bone&blood meal, slow release of course, and I think that is the foundation for all my fk'd issues now a days... I pulled 1x sour bog and 2x sweet cindys for germ just in case these girls get too ragged, I will yank and start over, in my eyes these plants look hooooooorible right now. Waiting for my Natures Nectar N to start adding it in to see if I can somehow wiggle my way past all this.. But if it is the bone/blood meal causing this, I think a fatfatfat flushing is in order.. Next grows perhaps might be more on the organic side, I would like to attempt the no pHing, no nutrients side of things, with some foliar spraying of course. These bogs though, man, how is the sour looking? Some big ol huuuuge leafs, almost reminds me of some LA confidential.. That damn BB sounds like a damn walking stick!! Can't wait to see an update bro! Will be asking you for some input on the SC, want to make sure I don't give her too much nutes or water, going to take these babies nice and slow :high-five:

Remember, you lose a certain degree of control outside. My smarties sucked outdoors, I had to water two and three times a day, the roots grew into the ground, I tried to move plants, tore the good bottom roots and stunted the plants!

Just reminded me, I wanted to bring this up and thought it could be an issue.. was wondering about it yesterday when the bottoms of my feet were sizzlin'..

The concrete my 20 gallons sit on gets scorching hot during the day.. probably an easy 120f+, my concern with this was my root base/zone getting incredibly hot sitting there, and possibly, drying my smart pots too fast.. If as MCL said, the roots actually start growing through the bottoms of the pots, that would mean my roots are stretching towards a fucking skillet!!!!! Hmmmm, I have some work in the garden I see!! :peace: CA

Just reminded me, I wanted to bring this up and thought it could be an issue.. was wondering about it yesterday when the bottoms of my feet were sizzlin'..

The concrete my 20 gallons sit on gets scorching hot during the day.. probably an easy 120f+, my concern with this was my root base/zone getting incredibly hot sitting there, and possibly, drying my smart pots too fast.. If as MCL said, the roots actually start growing through the bottoms of the pots, that would mean my roots are stretching towards a fucking skillet!!!!! Hmmmm, I have some work in the garden I see!! :peace: CA

I would put any plant in a reasonable container on a stand, I mean you cant do that with a 100 gal one, but if they are that big it shouldn't be affected like the small ones are by the heat.

Documented the yellowing pretty welll, shit is everywhere..

OK that's NOT yellowing due to rapid growth. Hmmmm I'm not sure what that is. I'm gonna let the real outdoor vets take a shot. Sorry.

Just need to figure out a timer situation now, thinking 2 on 3 off, but, what ind of timer do i use?

Look for the "CT-1 short cycle timer" I bought 2 and love them. One did develop an issue with the display showing some numbers wrong, but it still works. I need to return the bad one, but I'm lazy too. :winkyface:

Happy belated 4th 420magazine community & friends :circle-of-love: Hope you all had a wonderful holiday with family and friends as I did. I am not as active if anyone has noticed and I apologize, plenty of issues in CA's world that I won't bore you with! I am watering my outdoor girls once if not twice a day now, changed my feedings to every other water session and they plants seem to be doing a bit better but still yellowage on the lower parts, and am now seeing a weird burnt patch production.. Weird shit! Every plant I have in the back has a problem, quite annoying lol. My nitrogen supplement should be here tomorrow so I will incorporate that into a watering hopefully by sundown tomorrow. My girls are not liking this heat, sucking them dry!! I picked up a new strain, BERRY KUSH! Sounds like a winner :yummy: After thinking about it today going between 12/12 from clone or outdo, I am leaning on leaving her outside to finish her life span with the outdoor crop :) And when time comes I will be able to take cuts from her. I started up the aerocloner but withing a couple hours of running it there was a decent drip coming from the cracks of the lid, this will get fixed before it gets started up again. I was noticing some white plaque substance forming at the stem right along the tops of the neoprene, looked like PM to me so after the leak and seeing that I pulled everything. Having it in the same room as my flowering tent also raised the temps a couple degrees that was really not needed.. So, with that said, minor update, will throw these pictures in here, hope everyone is doing superb and their gardens doing twice as good, love&respect, :peace: CA215

100_26461.JPG

WW
100_26324.JPG
100_26401.JPG
100_26391.JPG
100_2638.JPG
100_26371.JPG
100_26362.JPG
100_26343.JPG
100_26334.JPG
100_26353.JPG

BD (I know I rotated those wtf!!! Devil computer!!)
100_2641.JPG
100_2642.JPG
100_2643.JPG
100_26481.JPG
100_2651.JPG
100_2650.JPG

Sour Boggle, lower yellowage, disgusts. And what looks to be something munching my girl!!
100_26531.JPG
100_26561.JPG
100_26571.JPG
100_2655.JPG

WW, bent the hell out of this one.. No veggage in the center due to all the yellowing.....
100_26582.JPG
100_26592.JPG
100_26601.JPG
100_2661.JPG
100_26621.JPG
100_26642.JPG
100_26652.JPG

The Unknown bagseed, looking sick
100_2666.JPG
100_26672.JPG
100_26681.JPG
100_26692.JPG
100_26701.JPG
100_26711.JPG

And BIG BETSY!! Haha, I don't water her anymore, she is living on her own throughout this heat! Amazing.
100_26732.JPG
100_26741.JPG
100_26812.JPG
100_2680.JPG
100_2675.JPG
100_26762.JPG
100_26771.JPG
100_26781.JPG
100_2679.JPG

And the new Berry Kush! Yum..
100_2682.JPG
100_26832.JPG

I really do hope everyone is doing better than I am. And gardens better than mine are.
Love&Respect, CA215
:peace:

I'm sorry CA215, did you have some plants back there? I couldn't see the forest through all the trees. :goodjob:

Nice grow. It should be cooler next week so you can look forward to that.

Today was cool around here, about 93ish i'd say, felt nice. Actually have the house open right now! All my veggies are looking bad, thinking the pots were too small for the bunch, plus I have a continuing mite bug problem. Gave all outdoor plants a fat dousing at sun dow, new bottle of Monterey Spinosad from the hydro shop. I was doing some reading through the paperwork and came across this; Addition of a nonionic spray adjuvant at 0.1% v/v has been shown to enhance control of spider mites (Follow surfactant mamnufactures label recommendations). I ended up searching nonionic spray adjuvant and chould not find anything but I kept seeing surfactant pop up in some of the pdf reads, so I figured that was a more well known/specific word for the product. Started doing more reading into the surfactant and it seems to be almost am emulsifier or it acts with the insecticide for a better stick to the leaf or better coverage. I think I remember reading skunky was the grass master? ;) So what I am getting at is, with that 0.1%, it would be a small little drip into your mix in what could produce better results in your bug killing madness? Surfactant is made for using on lawns and what not but, figuring in a low enough dose could possibly be used on a vegging cannabis plant? Something to think about, need to bring some discussion around here, & who knows, everything I just wrote might be wrong :smokin: Everyone feel free to chime in, :peace: CA215

Hey CA215... When doing any of our Ag spraying in the old days was 1 Qt Palmolive dish soap per 1000 gals. :cool:
I think you want less. 1 or 2 drops of Dawn or most any other dish soap per Qt should do it. We always figured it was to cut the wax layer from the plant so your liquid chemical could penetrate the plant. It might also have something to do with water tension.

I was doing some reading through the paperwork and came across this; Addition of a nonionic spray adjuvant at 0.1% v/v has been shown to enhance control of spider mites (Follow surfactant mamnufactures label recommendations). I ended up searching nonionic spray adjuvant and chould not find anything but I kept seeing surfactant pop up in some of the pdf reads, so I figured that was a more well known/specific word for the product. Started doing more reading into the surfactant and it seems to be almost am emulsifier or it acts with the insecticide for a better stick to the leaf or better coverage. I think I remember reading skunky was the grass master? ;) So what I am getting at is, with that 0.1%, it would be a small little drip into your mix in what could produce better results in your bug killing madness? Surfactant is made for using on lawns and what not but, figuring in a low enough dose could possibly be used on a vegging cannabis plant? Something to think about, need to bring some discussion around here, & who knows, everything I just wrote might be wrong

No.. no... partially correct.

An adjuvant is a class of chemicals which allow water and chemicals to mix. There are three types... and yes a surfactant is one type of adjuvant.

In pesticide formulation and application - adjuvants are used twice. By and large, the chemicals that are used to kill thing won't mix with water. In the past, they used petroleum based carriers for the pesticides to solve this problem. Made the pesticides way dangerous and we killed many things (including people) using these. Adjuvants were invented sometime in the 50s as a way of getting chemicals to mix with water - thus making their handling and use safer for humans and the environment.

In an interesting twist... the "skin" of insects is actually a waxy chemical (like petroleum). And eventually it was discovered that the same chemicals, mixed in with water (and an adjuvant) - actually worked better on killing critters. So... where a little is good a lot is better. By adding a surfactant to the mix - you can get a 30 to 50% better kill rate.

The basic reason for this is that insects breathe thru their skin. If you don't add a surfactant - the pesticide tends to "ball" up and fall off. Definitely causing damage but in some cases not enough to kill. When you add a surfactant - the pesticide will coat their skin... including their "lungs" (which are really just invaginations in their skin) and thus will kill them much, much faster.

So... yes. Add an approved surfactant and kill them little bastards!

Despite your hot weather, plants are looking really beautifull! They will get used to stronger sun, but adjusting her nutrients into the top and letting lower leafs starve! Im happy for you brother!
Irie :ganjamon:

Ok perfect, I had a fat reply written last night and my computer died, didnt save in my auto-saved content? :hmmmm:
Great info:thanks:
I have been using palmolive dish washing soap with my neem oil in an attempt to emulsify, I will start adding in an drop or two per insecticide spraying as well. I've noticed mites around here are very strong, they return within days, that (probably) being due to both neighbors having gardens as well. I have found a couple bottles labeled "Surfactant" with different ingredients in them some chemical and then some biodegradable. Biodegradable choice is the Bonide turbo spreader, will do more research into them and definitely wait to purchase & see if adding some soap in with all sprayings makes a change on my girls. So, would a few drops of soap into any foliar spray be a plus? Make for a better sticky coat on leaf surface, less drip off waste. Looks like my nitrogen supplement is on route! Will see about a nice foliar tonight, thanks for stoppin' by everyone:smokin:

They look lovely CA,
your like a worried mom:) Your never gonna be mite free outside, kill em once every two weeks, just to limit the damage. Bitta soap in a foliar spray works well I find, but don't go overboard or youll burn em. try the mix on a small area of one plant and wait 24 hrs to see results before going mad with the foliar spray, if the mix is bad you then don't risk all your ladies. Your gonna have more weed than you know what to do with when its ready:) Take it easy CA, don't worry too much it'll all be fine.
Regards
Dutch

Back
Top Bottom