Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & DWCt, White Widow Max

re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow Max

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. From some of the LED journals here, I've yet to see a 90W UFO compare to a 600W HID. I'm still doing research, but so far seems like a 400ishW LED can keep up with a 600W HID for light, but the LEDs do not have the coverage that the HIDs do. In addition, I was recently reading the the LEDs do not have as good of penetration either, unless they are at a certain angle. I'm still a little confused about that last part. Something with a 90° angle vs another angle.

Anyway, for your size cab, I am very excited to see how the two 90W UFO's perform.
:thumb:
I should have put the link above up instead of the Cool Cab link. This link shows the 90W LED compete with the 400 HPS,. I gave you bad info on my last reply.

Click on this link instead. It will take you straight to the grow lights.

Anyways, 2 90 UFO's is this small cabinet is very adequet.

re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow Max

Green,

Here it is....Sunlight Sheds

drdan, Great to have you...

I just took these photos. It has been 11 days since I planted the sprouts and about 8 days since I have seen them pop out of the rockwool

white_widow_max_11_days_from_planting_sprout_001.jpg

Have to go... Visitor. Will post more later.

white_widow_max_11_days_from_planting_sprout_004.jpg

white_widow_max_11_days_from_planting_sprout_002.jpg

Thanks for the link. Your plants look really good. I am very happy to watch how this cabinet grows. Thanks for sharing. :)

I'm glad you made cup covers, but I still see spots where light can penetrate the hydroton and cause algae. All the hydroton should be covered. See Here for a pic The one you're not growing in should be covered too.

I never used a chiller before, but you may want to wrap those hoses to keep the light off them too. Since I am still learning about LEDs, maybe it's not as important as if you were using HIDs. But better safe than sorry if it were me. ;)

Green,
I don't know why but my mouse on my computer completely missed the cover section in the tutorial the several times I have went over it!!!! My wife calls me the happy clicker because I am so impatient!!! Now I get it. Checkthe future pics. I will go to Ace and see what I can pick up to cover up the tubing.
My first grow i didn't have any algae problems and I didn't use covers at all. However, I am using expensive seed and I demand my finished product to be the best it can be so...
Thanks for the advice!!! Now I must rep you back!!!

Happy Clicker!!! :rofl: I work with someone just like that. :rofl:

No algae last time with the chiller, maybe the velocity of the water keeps any from forming. Hmmmm, interesting thought.

Last grow I used a regular DWC tub. I never covered the protons or the cooler hose. I did not have algae problems. I did have root damage. However, it was from the heat from the fogger unit the system came with. That is the reason I bought the Chiller in the first place.

PICS....

New covers. It was too late to make them like on the tutorial. So did this way. I don' t believe light will get through.

7-13-10_002.JPG

I planted these spouts outside in soil. They get sun all day long. Look how much furthur along my Deep Water Culture system plants are doing!!

7-13-10_006.JPG

This is how my setup looks with the lights down and my wet rag to add more humidity.

7-13-10_005.JPG

Thanks for viewing!!

Lookin good Acer, how do you like your LEDs ? How did you determine how close to the plant to place them ? :peace:

Ol Hippy!!! Great to hear from you!

I just keep the light close enough to where i can visibly see that the plants are getting the most light possible at the same time visibly making sure all plants are getting equal light.

I hope this helps. That is how I do it and it seems to work for me..

I'm still waiting for my new 288 watt LED ,so I'm just sitting here watching my 2 clones grow ....boring I can't leave cause the guys comming over from the dish place to set up a dvr ! I hate waiting .. the suns out no wind I should be out getting a nice bike ride in .. hope that guy gets here soon as the f'n wind picks up after 11 and I hate riding in the wind !! I also have 5 fem'd NL comming hope they get here at the same time ...

The baby pics are looking good. Are they still on h2o or did you feed them a light nutes?

I follow Pit Vipers nute instructions....Right now I am under 600

Vegetative
1st week 600ppm

2nd week 900ppm
3rd week 1200ppm
4th week 1500ppm
if you veg more than 4 weeks...
5th week 1800 ppm...stay there till bloom

This is copied from Pit Vipers Post but I follow it.

Thanks for the link. Your plants look really good. I am very happy to watch how this cabinet grows. Thanks for sharing. :)

I'm glad you made cup covers, but I still see spots where light can penetrate the hydroton and cause algae. All the hydroton should be covered. See Here for a pic The one you're not growing in should be covered too.

I never used a chiller before, but you may want to wrap those hoses to keep the light off them too. Since I am still learning about LEDs, maybe it's not as important as if you were using HIDs. But better safe than sorry if it were me. ;)

I agree with this. When I first started Deep Water Culture the biggest issue I had was with light leaking through and algae contaminating my system. Now I just cut circles out of cardboard and cover the netpots. when tthe plants get to big I cut the cardboard in half. Here is a pic of what im talking about from my veg bucket.

2010-07-13_20_11_49.jpg

2010-07-12_12_04_17.jpg

I'm really digging the watter chiller though. I looked into getting one but I have found even with my high temp water my girls have been doing well so. The only issue I have is increased PPM from the temp. But i would rather deal with that than an algae outbreak. Ever consider putting the inlet and outlet on the bottom of the bucket with a couple of shut off valves? I also suspect your water temps don't get very high with the LED's.

High Acer! Can you direct me to some more info about using molasses in hydro?
:thanks:

Green007,

All the info I have is from here. I used molases at the end of my last grow. It is very water soluable. I cannot see how it could be any worse that the nutes I use.

I follow Pits Nute advise. And if Pit believes in molasses I will believe in it too.

This is only my second grow so I have to have blind faith and follow the advise of growers like you.

That is why I am going to ACE this grow. That is why they call me ACER!!!!! Yeah!!!!

Back
Top Bottom