Can a little light leak cause problems?

fatbuds420

I have a tent, it's not perfectly light proof, can little light leak for a few minutes Hurt? It's in the garage, for example, if im running 12h 12h,and some times i go work in the garage, and a little light goes in for maybe one hour, can that be an issue?

Wait, why is a plant being hermie bad?

The plant will produce less trichomes, and will be less potent.
Your weed will be heavy with seeds. Do you want to remove them every time you roll?
The seeds should not be used, as the hermaphrodite trait can be inherited.

If you want to keep the genetics, clones or S1 seeds are highly recommended. Seeds should be grown in a controlled manner so that every bud in the area is not pollinated. Colloidal silver, silver thiosulfate, or gibberellic acid can be used to reverse the sex of a female plant or a branch of a female plant to produce pollen. The seeds will be feminized, so seedless weed is in their future.

The plant will produce less trichomes, and will be less potent.
Your weed will be heavy with seeds. Do you want to remove them every time you roll?
The seeds should not be used, as the hermaphrodite trait can be inherited.

If you want to keep the genetics, clones or S1 seeds are highly recommended. Seeds should be grown in a controlled manner so that every bud in the area is not pollinated. Colloidal silver, silver thiosulfate, or gibberellic acid can be used to reverse the sex of a female plant or a branch of a female plant to produce pollen. The seeds will be feminized, so seedless weed is in their future.
Wait im sorry, I'm not quite following you here I new to growing. What's the best way to get seeds in autos and feminized so I dont have to buy em every time?

Wait im sorry, I'm not quite following you here I new to growing. What's the best way to get seeds in autos and feminized so I dont have to buy em every time?

A bit more complicated or not as simple as that, otherwise wouldn't be much market for folks selling seeds. Though with everyone trying to jump on the bandwagon a lot of "unstable genetics" out there that not worth the money charged, but good genetics not easily made hence the cost of good seeds.

sounds like a bot o very basic research is in order for you to understand the process a bit more,, too much to learn here,, cheers

Light leaks are bad, very bad

If u think u have some, cover it with a blanket or something

Hermied plants are bad to...the genetics, Hermie, will be in every seed from it, not good

Get a male to cross with, or look into CS and STS to reverse a female to make Fem seeds

A bit more complicated or not as simple as that, otherwise wouldn't be much market for folks selling seeds. Though with everyone trying to jump on the bandwagon a lot of "unstable genetics" out there that not worth the money charged, but good genetics not easily made hence the cost of good seeds.

A lot of folks are producing crosses that are unstable. It can take five or more generations of back breeding, and breeding selected siblings to stabilize the new strain. It takes two or more years to properly stabilize a new strain. Many breeders are rushing their new 'strains' to market without first stabilizing them.

S1s (self-pollinated females) tend to be stable, as are seeds produced from a single stabilized strain.

A lot of folks are producing crosses that are unstable. It can take five or more generations of back breeding, and breeding selected siblings to stabilize the new strain. It takes two or more years to properly stabilize a new strain. Many breeders are rushing their new 'strains' to market without first stabilizing them.

And then folks making Hybrids from unstable Strains with unstable Strains after that :rofl: .......getting a bit out of control to me with all the different Hybrids, but then I'm an old fart and can be rather opinionated from time to time ;) :rofl:

With all the new competition, people are creating crosses that are amazing. @ $10 a seed, why mess with home made genetics, instead of proven strains? I like a pat hand over luck of the draw.

a pat hand eh?? (wonder what that means anyway,, pat hand?) your 'pat hand' just got me a male dr. cbd feminized seed/plant.

dope seeds does apologize tho, so, all is good

$10 a seed is fine for one seed,, now grow 200 plants over a few years and add that up,, it really does add up,,

a pat hand eh?? (wonder what that means anyway,, pat hand?) your 'pat hand' just got me a male dr. cbd feminized seed/plant.

dope seeds does apologize tho, so, all is good

$10 a seed is fine for one seed,, now grow 200 plants over a few years and add that up,, it really does add up,,
A pat hand is one you don't have to draw on. 200 plants over a few years adds up to a lot of cloning for me. I don't need 200 different strains!

BTW, pat hands can lose.

A pat hand is one you don't have to draw on. 200 plants over a few years adds up to a lot of cloning for me. I don't need 200 different strains!

yes, i know the meaning of the saying, pat hand,, just curious what the origins of the saying are,, i think there is an app for that curiosity.

and, yes, i am a cloner myself,, but i have done some amateur breeding as well, and, i love the crosses i have crossed. and it's fun

I'm an old fart and can be rather opinionated from time to time ;) :rofl:

Likewise, as I'm sure many have noticed. :cheesygrinsmiley:

With all the new competition, people are creating crosses that are amazing. @ $10 a seed, why mess with home made genetics, instead of proven strains? I like a pat hand over luck of the draw.

At $10 per seed it adds up. Toss in a bunch of failures, and your seed costs can skyrocket. Being on a pension, I prefer to grow seeds for the strains I like, and try a few new to me strains. Growing S1 seeds lets me start extras for future grows, and select those that got the best start.

you're gold.

you are technically doing room within a room. best way to do anything imo.
i've never bought a tent, always built my own spaces, and never had an issue doing it this way.

keep both rooms (inside room / outside room) the same light schedule for zero problems.
outside room doesn't have to even be light proof.
i consistently interrupt the outside room dark period briefly and do not encounter problems myself.
what you choose to do is your decision in that regard.

i do keep lights sources in the inside room to nil outside of the grow lighting.

I have a tent, it's not perfectly light proof, can little light leak for a few minutes Hurt? It's in the garage, for example, if im running 12h 12h,and some times i go work in the garage, and a little light goes in for maybe one hour, can that be an issue?

Do yourself a favor. Get some duct tape. Turn the lights on outside your tent. Get in your tent with lights off. Tape over the holes.

Do yourself a favor. Get some duct tape. Turn the lights on outside your tent. Get in your tent with lights off. Tape over the holes.

Better safe than sorry, yep. Little bit of black electrical tape works too.

Light leaks are not the end of the world. I've seen plants do fine with a full moon going. Its RED light thats a problem at night. Say your power strip had a red light that is on in your flower room. Tape over that.

Light on during night time you need to have your tent closed up completely a little leak isn't going to disrupt them sleeping but as @Calvados mentioned, get in there and be sure its not a lot of light. An hour isn't good.

You can go in there at lights out with an outside light on for a few minutes now and then but for an hour you need to be sure the room is pretty dark inside.

Back
Top Bottom