Canada Guy's Medical Fusion Grow

thats a big drop in ųmols (whatever they are :) )

I kept wondering the same thing. Whenever I saw "µmols" I kept thinking of the chemist's unit of a "mole," 6 x 10^23 of something (e.g. a mole of table sugar is 6 x 10^23 molecules of sucrose), but I thought that didn't make sense for measuring light. But it turns out it does:

"Photon flux is commonly measured in units of micromoles per square meter per second (µmoles/m2/s), where 1 mole of photons = 6.022 x 10^ 23 photons."​

It's moles of photons! Cool. :geek:

Photosynthetically Active Radiation (PAR) is measured in umols. This is the light that a plant can use for photosynthesis, the conversion of light energy into chemical energy within the plant.

Jimmy James is saying that the Phillips LED bulb is delivering 3x the grow goodies to the plants compared a CFL.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
I was going to post this video. But most ppl fall asleep after the 1 minute mark. Lol

Day 9

Little update for tonight. Nothing much to report with the girls. Even from yesterday they are bigger.

Last day in "the box"

420-magazine-mobile716293882.jpg

Update.

Got home from work.. checked on the girls and suddenly had a wtf moment.

And then there were .. 7?

420-magazine-mobile86153052.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2007198810.jpg

I couldn't believe it. Little LSD #2! Left for dead in her jiffy pellet tomb in the cold dark basement, 7 days after being planted she finally pushed the dirt aside and proclaimed her will to live! So now I'm almost hoping that 2 or 3 of the Diesels will be boys because I'm not sure if I'll have room for that many plants under a single 600w hid.

It's starting to get a little crowded in here.

420-magazine-mobile1770860728.jpg

Could be a different arrangement of the same genetics be gentle with it and compare it to others of the same strain I bet it will have a different appearance but the insides are similar so you have:

Plant a: looks like the 10 other seeds they are all the same genotype and if the environmental conditions are kept the same all 10 will look the same throughout their cycle. They will all the the same phenotype. Same genes and same appearance

Plant b: same mother as plant a but looks and behaves very different. This is a phenotype if will be similar in plant production given appropriate environment if this plant seeds you start over having a new genotype.

Genotype is the dominant factor.

It is written that some seedlings can take 6months before terminating.

Could be a different arrangement of the same genetics be gentle with it and compare it to others of the same strain I bet it will have a different appearance but the insides are similar so you have:

Plant a: looks like the 10 other seeds they are all the same genotype and if the environmental conditions are kept the same all 10 will look the same throughout their cycle. They will all the the same phenotype. Same genes and same appearance

Plant b: same mother as plant a but looks and behaves very different. This is a phenotype if will be similar in plant production given appropriate environment if this plant seeds you start over having a new genotype.

Ummm I don't really understand your reply?

6 months I've read documents where seeds have taken up to 6 months to germinate.

Pretty much all I'm saying is you have a a dominant gene arrangement and recessive gene arrangement if this late sprouter is of the same batch (genotype say 80/20 indica dom) of the other ones you have you 80% will be indict phenotype / the odd ball late starter would be you 20% sativa recessive the same genes in different arrangements will give it a different overall appearance making it a phenotype

Be gentle with the late bloomer and compare it to the others.... and post pix!

6 months I've read documents where seeds have taken up to 6 months to germinate.

Pretty much all I'm saying is you have a a dominant gene arrangement and recessive gene arrangement if this late sprouter is of the same batch (genotype say 80/20 indica dom) of the other ones you have you 80% will be indict phenotype / the odd ball late starter would be you 20% sativa recessive the same genes in different arrangements will give it a different overall appearance making it a phenotype

Be gentle with the late bloomer and compare it to the others.... and post pix!
Oh ok I get it. Ya she looks quite a bit different then the others (relatively, its not turning into a pumpkin plant lol) I'll post pics up tonight.

You can buy a 1/4 thick flange that will pop over the old flange and hold the bolts better. You'll need a new wax seal though.
It's usually called a closet flange here in Canada.
The problem is, the nut on the anchor bolts is welded on with rust. I can't pull up the whole bolt, and it's very difficult to get my hack saw to the bolt to cut it under the nut.

Sometimes the anchor bolts slide around when not under tension.

Remember talking about how many plants can grow in a 4x4 tent?

I ran across a link for Twox growing with 600W HPS in a 4x4 tent. From the first entry, I see about 12 plants. Twox has a goal of 8 oz per month. The journal started 3 months ago, so it might be a good visit to read up on how TwoX does it.

Two Tents By Twox - A Memoir Of A Monthly 8oz Harvest

I haven't read it yet, probably won't get to it for a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom