Canada Guy's Medical Fusion Grow

Thanks PE636. It's one big tent. It's pretty much all set up now, just gotta tweak to get it all dialed in.

I know it's cold in there now. Think ahead to the summer months and ponder if you will need a roof turbine or ridge vent near the peak of your garage in summer.

I did not upgrade the ballast, just the tent material to 1680D.

Good choice on the heavier material. It looks like it hangs nice and the heavy material keeps zippers better behaved.

Thanks Mittin! No beers, just buds. .

I'd definitely go for a sativa before starting that project :)

On your way and getting dialed in. It's really happening for you :)

Are you planning on lighting up half the space, or all of it? Ive got half of mine lit and the other half for equipment and a small chair for me. Oh if you figure out how to work that timer let me know!
I will light up the other half one day lol. The timer is super easy. I can explain step by step after work.

Thanks that would be great! I have 2 of them and after a few tries and frustration/failure I picked up a mechanical one. I'd happily put the other 2 to use though.
Ok so the one that's in the kit.. it has multiple settings for multiple days. I only use one setting and use it for seven days a week.

Press Prog, it will say setting 1 on, press Prog again, that's setting 1 off. Press again for setting 2 on, and again for setting 2 off. You can continue like that for up to 10 different on/off settings.

So, press Prog. Then press hour as many times as needed to select what hour the unit will turn on. Then press minute in the same fashion. Once you are happy with your selection for the time the lights will turn on press Prog again for the time the lights will turn off. Press hour and minute as many times as needed to select desired time. Thats it. Pressing week will allow you to select certain days, I did not play with that. If you do not press anything for a while it will exit the programing screen and go back to the time.

To set the time, press clock, then press week, hour, and minute as many times as required to set the current time. Easy.

The final button is the off/on/auto. I just kept pressing it until it was on auto.

If you have any questions or have another model of timer you need help with just let me know, they are all fairly similar in the way they work.

Ok so the one that's in the kit.. it has multiple settings for multiple days. I only use one setting and use it for seven days a week.

Press Prog, it will say setting 1 on, press Prog again, that's setting 1 off. Press again for setting 2 on, and again for setting 2 off. You can continue like that for up to 10 different on/off settings.

So, press Prog. Then press hour as many times as needed to select what hour the unit will turn on. Then press minute in the same fashion. Once you are happy with your selection for the time the lights will turn on press Prog again for the time the lights will turn off. Press hour and minute as many times as needed to select desired time. Thats it. Pressing week will allow you to select certain days, I did not play with that. If you do not press anything for a while it will exit the programing screen and go back to the time.

To set the time, press clock, then press week, hour, and minute as many times as required to set the current time. Easy.

The final button is the off/on/auto. I just kept pressing it until it was on auto.

If you have any questions or have another model of timer you need help with just let me know, they are all fairly similar in the way they work.
Ok I set it up on a test run with a little LED. If it works my seedling salad area will move from 24/0 to 18/6. Thanks!

Ok I set it up on a test run with a little LED. If it works my seedling salad area will move from 24/0 to 18/6. Thanks!
No worries, just make sure none of the other 9 programs are active. They will overlap each other, and if you forget to pay attention to am and pm you may give them 24 hours of light like I did late in flower... oops

Day 13

Well.. it sure has been fun lol. With this new set up I'm feeling like a noob all over again. Last night and this morning temps were around 21 and humidity was 35%. Then the lights went off... temps went down to 12 and humidity up to 77%. Grabbed a space heater, temps went back up to around 20, and I turned down the humidifier. This will not work long term. Tonight I hooked up the humidifier to a timer, so when the lights go off it will too and we'll see what happens. Gotta turn the heater on and off manually till I get another timer. Also the solo cups seem to take much longer to dry out than I'm used to... 3 days between waterings seems like a lot.

Here are the chosen 7 adjusting to the new environment.

420-magazine-mobile841950054.jpg

Alright just found this and caught up, subbed, BC neighbor here. Good luck, looking forward to seeing these strains and your lights do their thing.
Welcome UrbanAchiever, happy to have you here. I have never grown LSD, so it should be fun to see how they turn out.

Day 14

Holy cow! It's been 2 weeks already. Time flies when your having fun. The girls are doing well all things considered. By that I mean their caretaker. Lol. Right now and most of the day it's around 25 degrees and 35% - 39% humidity. However during the night it cools down a lot. By the time I get up for work at 6 am the temps are down to like 16 - 17. I'm going to change the day to start at 6pm for the girls so I can monitor night time temps and humidity after work a little bit. This is much more work than I'm used to, I hope it pays off. I gave the girls a little water today but they barely took any. Maybe I'll wait 4 days next time? At this rate I'll up pot before I water again LOL. Today is picture day I hope you all enjoy. .

Diesel #1

420-magazine-mobile440743134.jpg

Diesel #2

420-magazine-mobile2024666338.jpg

Diesel #3

420-magazine-mobile2106587943.jpg

Diesel #4

420-magazine-mobile1959376178.jpg

LSD #1

420-magazine-mobile727823638.jpg

LSD #2

420-magazine-mobile1246455979.jpg

LSD #3

420-magazine-mobile1810938846.jpg

Group pic!

420-magazine-mobile444807445.jpg

Thanks for following along guys.

When I stopped planting in pint sized containers and started in one gallon pots, most of my watering problems went away.
People notice and respond in different ways, but there does seem to be a natural tendency to overwater plants when young. Better roots are made when the soil dries out between waterings.

(Legalistic weasel words, as all plants and environments vary)

I don't track my watering for the first 5-6 weeks, (when I begin to use nutrients alomgside straight water,) so early times aren't listed.
I wait until the soil is dry down to the last 1/2" in the bottom of the pot (measured with a probe) and the pot feels light.
I don't just pour in water, I soak the whole pot from the bottom for 5-10 minutes until the soil on top is wet, then drain.
AND these are times for one gallon pots, not solo cups (which dry out faster because of their small size.)
STILL I share them so you get a feel for the irregular spacing when dry pot watering.

These are my 3 girls currently in flower:

Days between waterings - Lilly(39"): (One gallon pot) 8, 7, 9, (Seven gallon pot) 27, 4, 4 (Flower) 2, 2, 2 ...

20170503_162223-1.jpg

Days between waterings - Ace Mix(36"): (One gallon pot) 8, 6, 5, 5, 15 (Ten gallon pot) 1, 11, 8 (Flower) 2, 2, 2 ...

20170503_161019-1-1.jpg

Days between waterings - Bubba's Gift(19"): (One gallon pot) 7, 3, 5, 7 (Seven gallon pot) 30, 16, 9, 7, 10, 2 (Flower) 2, 2, 2 ...

20170503_160433-2.jpg

Day 15

Hey everyone! We are back with another daily update. I have been monitoring the tent throughout the day as much as I can. Right now apparently it's 26 degrees, I thought that seemed warm so I grabbed my digital thermometer and at the canopy it's about 20 degrees. Wtf lol. One device is out to lunch.. there is no way that can be right. I thought I was finally getting it dialed in, and apparently the girls are cold all the time? I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Just before bed time.

420-magazine-mobile229490720.jpg

After lights out.

420-magazine-mobile898321275.jpg

Good morning ladies, rise and shine.

420-magazine-mobile9017910.jpg

Another be e a utiful day.

420-magazine-mobile696491889.jpg

And at the canopy much cooler.

420-magazine-mobile1583483177.jpg

Hey 420 community! Today is a very exciting day, today I will begin on a journey. I invite everyone to pull up a chair, grab a bowl, and join me in this epic grow.

I wanted to start off by saying thank you to everyone on this site! Prior to joining I spent several years reading and learning from others. I am now going to return that to the community in the form of this journal where I will take all that I have learned and apply it so you guys get to watch an awesome grow.

I had a difficult time deciding what kind of tent to grow in. I had made a diy grow box a couple years ago and doing so I found out a few things. First, it is not cheaper to go diy. And second, although I had fun building my cab, it took nearly 3 months to build it as I work full time. Between the money spent and the time spent, the amount of fun I had somehow wasn't worth it.

The day finally came when I decided it's time to ditch the cfl and the diy cab and get something more professional. But what? The choices seemed to be overwhelming. I could piece together a cheap tent and lights and everything else on ebay for a couple hundred bucks. Sweet! Or so I thought. When you really look into it to get something to Canada from another country isn't going to be cheap or free shipping, some won't ship here at all. Plus our dollar sucks right now, and usually you pay duty at the border too. So back to square 1. I needed something that was already in Canada because if I have problems I want the peace of mind of knowing I can send it back and someone who speaks English will help me fix my problem. I also needed something affordable but not cheap. I decided on a Fusion Hut tent from Grow Lights Canada as well as the rest of their HID kit. They seem legit and their product seems to be pretty good too looking at the specs. Time will tell, I just hope it gets here fast! I haven't found too much info about them but I will keep you guys updated on how their kit stands up to a real world grow. Anyway on with the show!

Type of grow - Indoor Medical

Strain - 2x Barney's Farm L.S.D Feminized, 4x Diesel/Mystery Indica Regular, and 1 Royal Purple Kush bagseed from my most recent order with Canntrust.

Medium - Soil

Lights - CFL, 600 watt mh/hps

Tent - Custom cab, 4x8 Fusion Hut

Nutes - TBD

Pests - None, today is day 1

This is my cab.

420-magazine-mobile251925331.jpg

And the inside.

420-magazine-mobile496458040.jpg

4 x Diesel/Mystery Indica.

420-magazine-mobile1194131745.jpg

2 x Barney's Farm L.S.D.

420-magazine-mobile747996685.jpg

1 x Royal Purple Kush Bagseed. (I don't have high hopes for this one)

420-magazine-mobile970863091.jpg

Group pic!

420-magazine-mobile821637562.jpg

A nice new home.

420-magazine-mobile103174580.jpg

Unborn babies are in the nursery warm and cozy.

420-magazine-mobile1454700511.jpg

Thank you for reading. Feel free to comment, ask questions, or just stop by and say hi! We are all in this together my friends. Happy 420!

I have dealt with growlights Canada a few time an I gotta say... 2 thumbs up all the way. Cheap prices, fast delivery an customer service 11/10.

Back
Top Bottom