CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013-14

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013

Topped all of the young clones today.

Thinking about building a small grow box for the two male clones. I cropped them down quite a bit. I saw a bunch of male flowers coming in on them. They aren't even under flower lighting schedule. I'm playing with fire keeping them in the room right now. Need to get them outa there.

The Blue Cheese experiment is doing alright I guess, but the newer leaf growth on it is curling down a bit. I don't think it liked the last watering/feeding that I gave. I think it might be a PH issue, although I did adjust the PH. I've noticed that after mixing both grow and bloom nutes, the PH in the water is really low. I've had to add more baking soda than usual to lift the PH. Maybe it didn't like that? Not sure. I might need to pull it out of the tent and give it a flush.

Re: CannabisMeds' CBD Grow - Pennywise - Dawgfather - Rawdawg - Soil - LED + CFL 2013

Penny, Day 25 of flowering schedule...

PW_flower1_22714.jpg

PW_flower2_22714.jpg

PW_flower3_22714.jpg

PW_flower4_22714.jpg

Happy Thurweed day CannaMeds :thumb:

I think it might be a PH issue, although I did adjust the PH. I've noticed that after mixing both grow and bloom nutes, the PH in the water is really low. I've had to add more baking soda than usual to lift the PH. Maybe it didn't like that? Not sure. I might need to pull it out of the tent and give it a flush.

Baking Soda has too much sodium to be used for plants, I would use a commercial pH up instead.

Baking Soda has too much sodium to be used for plants, I would use a commercial pH up instead.

John, if I am only using rainwater, do I need to fuss around with pH? Everything is mellow and smooth because it is more acidic, but if I must check pH on rain I will. I am going to need help to grow as much possible to last me with meds for at least half a year. I also need to provide one or two other people with meds, too. So any help I can get to grow big, juicy buddage, I accept. Sorry to hijack your thread, Canna.

With the exception of my last feeding, I've barely had to use any at all. My tap is around 6 or a little higher.

However, when I mixed in both grow and bloom nutes, I noticed that the ph went waay down. I'm not even sure it's necessary to adjust the ph with these nutes in the soil.

So far, all the plants, except the Blue Cheese, are very happy and aren't throwing a fit or anything.

I'd only use a commercial PH Up if it was truly organic.

Hiya, CannaMeds :ciao:

Thinking about building a small grow box for the two male clones. I cropped them down quite a bit. I saw a bunch of male flowers coming in on them. They aren't even under flower lighting schedule. I'm playing with fire keeping them in the room right now. Need to get them outa there.

Isn't it strange how clones flower under veg schedules? My GDP clone that decided to flower is fully re-vegged weird now that she's growing. She's quite odd.

What were your plans for the male clones?

I'm not really sure about the soil/pH deal. I don't check my pH anymore unless I have an issue.

I'd probably just use plain water the next time the plant is dry, and then maybe reintroduce the nutes at a reduced strength without the baking soda. That's just my gut talking though. Hope you get it figured out! :high-five:

CM, if you have a woodstove or fireplace you can use the fine ash that it produces to raise the pH. Just sprinkle a little in and let it sit for 20 minuets or so before testing.

Hiya, CannaMeds :ciao:

Isn't it strange how clones flower under veg schedules? My GDP clone that decided to flower is fully re-vegged weird now that she's growing. She's quite odd.

What were your plans for the male clones?

I'm not really sure about the soil/pH deal. I don't check my pH anymore unless I have an issue.

I'd probably just use plain water the next time the plant is dry, and then maybe reintroduce the nutes at a reduced strength without the baking soda. That's just my gut talking though. Hope you get it figured out! :high-five:

Dres! :ciao:

My plans for the males are to put them in their own little grow box on the other side of the house. I'm going to veg them, but keep them really small and cropped, until my big girls are about finished. Then I'll flower cycle the males to attempt to collect pollen. Then, on my next go around, I'd like to try to do a little cross breeding on a select few bud sites....

Thanks for your input on the soil ph issue. I'll definitely hold off on any more baking soda for now. The Blue Cheese clone will just get pure water and maybe a little molasses on the next watering. I'm not too worried about it. Yeah, the BC isn't looking perfect right now, but I don't really give a hoot about it anyway. As long as the big three continue to stay healthy, I'm a very happy camper.

I enjoyed a nice big toke last night and it made me think about how you must be doing this week! :high-five:

CM, if you have a woodstove or fireplace you can use the fine ash that it produces to raise the pH. Just sprinkle a little in and let it sit for 20 minuets or so before testing.

Hey PeeJay, thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, I don't have either of those. :/ I'll see if I can get some ash from my brother, but it may be a while.

Happy FeeWeed day to you CannaMeds and a Chronic Weekend too :thumb:

Here are the two male clones inside of their new home, a cardboard box! haha.

I already chopped the one on the left a bit and the bigger one will get chopped again soon. Anything to keep those male flowers at bay. I'll be watching them like a hawk.

Left is Pennywise and right is Dawgfather...

male_clones_22814.jpg

John, if I am only using rainwater, do I need to fuss around with pH? Everything is mellow and smooth because it is more acidic, but if I must check pH on rain I will. I am going to need help to grow as much possible to last me with meds for at least half a year. I also need to provide one or two other people with meds, too. So any help I can get to grow big, juicy buddage, I accept. Sorry to hijack your thread, Canna.

No mater what the source of your water is I would always check the pH of your nutrient solution. If you are using rain water you will need to supplement calcium and magnesium.

Happy Skunkday CannaMeds :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom