Cannafan's Variety Grow - Blueberry Gum/Delicious CC/Hawaiian Skunk Haze/THC Bomb

Re: Cannafan's Variety Grow-Blueberry Gum-Delicious CC-Hawaiian Skunk Haze-THC Bomb e

great looking plant and photos. was that plant grown under the mars II?

Re: Cannafan's Variety Grow-Blueberry Gum-Delicious CC-Hawaiian Skunk Haze-THC Bomb e

Hey Canna,

I was going to vote Cotton Candy, cause I thought it might add some flavour sensation to the whole thing....but reading cajuncelts informed decision straight off the bat canned that.

THC bomb for me....either way it was gunna be good, but cajun got me on genetics, and you're doing that whole thing, so I'd stick with solid genetics...

BTW I had knoooooowwww idea....just chucking 2c in the breeze

:)

EDIT: damn sexy photo's ;)

:thanks: TassieDevil,
I will probably go with the THC Bomb. After moving the plants around today, I think that one is going to do very well with it. I've already chosen two branches.
:high-five:

Thanks!

Yes, that one has been under the Mars II for flowering. I'm happy with all of the plants under that light. :high-five:

did you have any other lighting on it or just the led unit?

The plants were under a T5 Florescent light until they went in to the flower room. They have been under only the LED light during flower.
The HPS light in the flower room was started a couple of weeks ago, but it is not shining on the plants under the LED.
Hope that helps. :)

You gonna buy an LED soon? It sure helped on my electric bill, and takes up much less space than the HPS units for sure. Very easy to move it up and down, the HPS units can be heavy and you have the added ballast and heat to consider too. Those are heavy units.
All around, I would much prefer LED over that now that I've seen the flowering take place.

Hi Canna,

What do you think of the T5 for veg? I have 3 LED's and am thinking what a waste to use these expensive lights for veg instead of flower.

Also, what do you think of the power draw of a T5 (negligible?) and how many bulbs do you have in yours to veg how many plants?

Thanks!

Hey Canna,

I'm really happy everyone is doing so much LED stuff, and the results speak for themselves.

I want to know that it works, because I want to run it off grid, no interruptions, no cost....12v

So,....

Look I know I can go back, maybe it helps Shawnee too...

I +1 Shawnee's question and ask also, how many LED units per plant or per m2 or yard foot squared, however, please for flowering?

and maybe your cost per unit in the US as a rough guide?

Hi Canna,

What do you think of the T5 for veg? I have 3 LED's and am thinking what a waste to use these expensive lights for veg instead of flower.

Also, what do you think of the power draw of a T5 (negligible?) and how many bulbs do you have in yours to veg how many plants?

Thanks!

Hi Ya Shawnee. Great questions. :)

I really like the T5 for veg stage because it has two switches, one uses only 4 bulbs and the other uses all 8. I could really have gotten by just using the 4 bulbs stage through the whole veg period. The light spread was enough for 3 plants. But more than that (I had 5 in there) then I needed the 8 bulbs. It only uses 200W for the 4 bulbs and of course 400W for all 8. The plants seemed to do just great with it, they do throw off some heat but I kept a small fan clipped to the side bar blowing up toward the bulbs.

Now, If I had more than one LED unit I would probably have used one in the veg room for the electric reasons and the less heat during the summer months...and the little space it requires to hang it. The T5 unit is long, and heavy. And the bulbs can be expensive too.

One thing that I need to think about here, and you possibly..due to our location and the winters, is that the T5 is going to help me retain heat in those rooms. The LED's don't throw a lot of heat. I battled some pretty cold below zero weeks last winter and one of my plants actually turned purple. It was pretty...but knowing why it did it was not comforting. LOL I don't want to heat the plant rooms with the wood stove because it's a very dry heat and then I would have to worry about enough humidity in the rooms.
I hope that makes sense. ;-)

How many plants do you plan to start with?

Hey Canna,

I'm really happy everyone is doing so much LED stuff, and the results speak for themselves.

I want to know that it works, because I want to run it off grid, no interruptions, no cost....12v

So,....

Look I know I can go back, maybe it helps Shawnee too...

I +1 Shawnee's question and ask also, how many LED units per plant or per m2 or yard foot squared, however, please for flowering?

and maybe your cost per unit in the US as a rough guide?

My Mars Hydro reflector was under $300.00. I have 3 full plants under it and they are doing great. I had 4 under it for awhile with no real problem. The spread of the light (footprint) is going to totally depend on the type of unit you get. I highly suggest contacting SmokeSara via PM or go to the TOPLED (look in the sponsors tab) site and send her your questions, she is great about responding to what you need for your own set up and space. She also has a thread here on 420 somewhere, I haven't been there in ages. Maybe someone can post the link to that thread. She answers questions there too. Matter of fact, I just received an email from them on a new website address:

Mars Hydro LED - the Best Solutions for Horticulture and Indoor Plants

Hope that helps!

:circle-of-love:

I am planning on getting another, hopefully as a Christmas present to me. LOL Not sure I can swing it, but we will see.

Here's G13 Blueberry Gum 1 after 8 weeks of flower. She is now under HPS, so I could fit the THC Bomb under the LED:

bg1_21.jpg

BG1_1.jpg

And Delicious Cotton Candy:

dcc_11-1_1.jpg

dcc_11-1_2.jpg

dcc_11-1_3.jpg

And the dude doing his thing:

pollen_1.jpg

pollen_3.jpg

pollen_2.jpg

Thanks Canna, no what you've said is enough, thank you :)

:Namaste:

...and will take on board your results, SmokeSara, TOPLED, etc...

...thanks also for the links...

...didn't mean to make you do so much work...

BUT HAPPPPY as for it :)

The devil is all in the details, eh? So much to decide before you can actually pull the trigger....I just want to get started....Trying to anticipate for the future yet not over invest for the present; crazy.

I went with Platinum LED and got 3 for a bigger discount up front, figuring you can never have enough light. I will start with just myself, but ultimately want to have the full state allowance of 5 patients plus myself. Tassie, depending on the model and size light you choose dictates the square footage of light coverage and that determines how many plants can thrive under that square footage of light. My P600's are rated at 6 ft X 3.75 ft.

After listening to you, Canna, now I'm back to using the LED for veg. People seem to get really great results. I just wondered about the particulars of the T5. I want the lowest light bill I can squeak by with. My grow rooms are down stairs where the heater is so not an issue I don't think. (I'll sure find out tho, won't I? HA!)

Okay, great feedback, Canna, which allows me to make a decision and move forward. I want to hang those dang lights now!

Hey Toker69, the resident expert seed maker pollinator machine......

Do you mix a little flour in with your pollen when you collect it? I keep reading that people do that, I want to be sure that it helps to disperse the pollen better.
Thanks!

Looking good canna, good luck with your breeding & I hope you get a super dank cross :)

Looking good canna, good luck with your breeding & I hope you get a super dank cross :)

Thank you Skunnymonster....You never know until you give it a whirl. :)

I've probably got more pollen collected than I will need for pollinating just two branches, so for the rest of it I'm trying something I saw on Youtube a while back. Cut the stems of the pollen branches, place them in a glass of water with the pollen sacs hanging over into a dish or glass. Then you can tap the pollen out easier than trying to do it on the plant where a lot of it falls where you don't want it to. I snipped off the larger leaves. I will tap them tonight to see what I get. The video showed using a very small paint brush to get the pollen sacs to drop the dust, but I think that will trap too much pollen in the brush. We'll see.

Pollen_4.jpg

Thanks for letting the balls survive long enough to get to see em! :)

Never seen fully developed male flowers before...
feel a bit stupid for typing that....oh well

squirrel...

Hey Toker69, the resident expert seed maker pollinator machine......

Do you mix a little flour in with your pollen when you collect it? I keep reading that people do that, I want to be sure that it helps to disperse the pollen better.
Thanks!

Yes I did try that once, and I did successfully pollinate a plant doing it. Looks like your getting plenty now tho Canna. Goodluck making seeds!!

Back
Top Bottom