Celt’s 2020 Grows

Only one type of rum for me, Captain Morgan East Coast White. You can only buy it here in the Atlantic Provinces, Capt’n White elsewhere is different.

The East Coast Rum is an aged white rum, to the best of my knowledge, it’s the only aged white rum on the market and has a different taste than normal white.

You sure are getting some nice weather to finish this year. these past few days have been more summer like then fall. But the mugginess, damn, not so good for the buds. You really have to keep a close eye on them. Twenty nine in Hantsport ,yesterday, and it was the same on Sunday. A couple more weeks like this and you may need help after all. The bike ride in the mountains must have been great. The color change this year is awesome, lovin' the earthy hues.

Evening grow mates :)

Harvest has begun. This girl kept laying down on the job so was the first to the chopping block.

52996ECB-617B-4D55-B58D-9BCC36E488F4.jpeg

better look at her standing up

FE24FF3C-0068-4BC6-A460-273509236021.jpeg

and reduced to a bucket of bud, one of smaller bud and trim and a third of leaf and stems headed to the compost to help fertilize next years grow

E47868A7-1989-4210-8533-5F619CA082BF.jpeg

and her main cola

8CC74B19-24EE-49B1-A784-2DF9B557D260.jpeg

and here is what we get from her green weight:

- 693g trimmed bud
- 549g trim and small bud (destined for oil or hash)
- 931g compost (stems and fans)
and 1g of scissor hash ;)

Nice buds, bud!! Do you wash them?
Morning DAB, I have washed buds in the past, but this year due to the shear volume, lack of hanging space and doing the majority of it by my lonesome, the only washing that will occur this year is if it happens to be raining when I harvest :rofl:

Girls have been fed, and now I have to run to town to get fittings to make my dehumidifier continuous draining, it’s only got a 2 quart tank and the factory drain doesn’t seem to work, keeps filling the tank and shutting off. I can’t afford to not have a dehumidifier running this time of year with the volume of bud I will be drying.

Once that is seen to, the next girl comes down :)

I hope the heavy rains and high winds didn't force your hand. Looks like you will have enough to do without that. A bit of a funny story. While traveling down the 101 yesterday a small pick-up went flying past pulling a fifth wheel loaded with apples. The back crate had a busted board so every bump in the road he hit, 30 or 40 apples would fall out. Apple sauce all over the highway. He hauled into the Gloosecap reserve do repairs so I stop beside him, told him they looked so good bouncing past me on the road and if I could have one for lunch. His reply, give me a hand fixing this and you can fill your boots. Damn fine apples they were.

Funny, there are a lot of good people around the province willing to help anybody, you just have to get away from the city to find them lol

Harvest season has hit the valley, all crops, not just our favourite plant :) It’s my favourite time of year but can be a PITA travelling secondary routes, damn farmers hauling wagons :rofl: The 14 through Rawdon and the 289 between the Goss Bridge and Truro are best avoided until late October :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom