Celt’s 2020 Grows

Didn't know you could get such a thing, total organic warfare. Amazon? Wonder if you can get the same for mosquitoes, soon time for those blood suckers. But then again, maybe not. May tenth and snowing. Now in some parts of Canada that the norm, but without a boat I can't go much further south. :peace: :ganjamon:
This is from the other day about two and half hrs north of Toronto Ontario.

View media item 1770936

Yes the BTi I was talking about is bacteria that kills numerous kinds of insects including mosquitoes.

Get it at Home Hardware , it’s called Mosquito Dunks
Thanks for sharing this I am going to home hardware soon then. Amazon will take a month to get here at this rate of our postal service here in Canada I work for them well sub contract and man let me run it I will get mail moving . Unions I tell you protection for the babies.

Thanks for sharing this I am going to home hardware soon then. Amazon will take a month to get here at this rate of our postal service here in Canada I work for them well sub contract and man let me run it I will get mail moving . Unions I tell you protection for the babies.
Amazon are great. Please tell me why my nutes from BC went to Montreal instead of Ottawa? Ask Canada post... been waiting two weeks

Amazon are great. Please tell me why my nutes from BC went to Montreal instead of Ottawa? Ask Canada post... been waiting two weeks
They are idiots and they treat those staff like shit . Morale old people sorting no offence elderly.

They hire people with disabilities which is good but not when it is this bad . I've been here a year now almost and never saw it this bad.

They are idiots and they treat those staff like shit . Morale old people sorting no offence elderly.

They hire people with disabilities which is good but not when it is this bad . I've been here a year now almost and never saw it this bad.
I may live in a rural area but cmon, it’s not hard to bring it to the right province, let alone city...
it makes things too slow and I’m an impatient millennial... :lot-o-toke: at least when it comes to my cannabis

Don’t count on the Zon, doing any better @Macdaddy420 lol

I ordered some heat sink paste to finish an LED light I started. They chose Purolator to send it and although I don’t expect them to deliver by their guarenteed date, when it lands at a depot not 45 miles from my residence and sits there 2 weeks, I decided enough was enough and requested a refund.

The next day it showed up in the tracking system again and got delivered 2 days later, after I had received my refund lol

Don’t count on the Zon, doing any better @Macdaddy420 lol

I ordered some heat sink paste to finish an LED light I started. They chose Purolator to send it and although I don’t expect them to deliver by their guarenteed date, when it lands at a depot not 45 miles from my residence and sits there 2 weeks, I decided enough was enough and requested a refund.

The next day it showed up in the tracking system again and got delivered 2 days later, after I had received my refund lol
I get the whole c-19 thing. It’s causing me to wait and with such a short season here outdoors I feel like I’m missing out
Edit: my mother in law ordered a DVD for my son, it was refunded, week and a half later it showed up through amazon prime.

I know the feeling mate, most years I would have 4 to 6 week old plants going into the ground by now but it’s been so cold and wet here the last couple of springs, I have held off and glad I did, snowing when I went to bed last night lol
As a native Australian living in Canada, i find it crazy getting snow in may.
It’s giving my outdoor plots a little time to adjust, hopefully the worms I added will be chomping away.

@Macdaddy420 , whole different world this far north in this hemisphere lol
I’ll put it simply, first time I saw snow I was 20 on my second day in Canada. (In May obviously)

How’s the garden going?

Indoor girls are doing great, tomorrow will be day 28 post flip and I will post more pictures then, wanting photos of them every 7 days till harvest, which is only 3 to 4 weeks away for these girls. They are starting to pack on weight already and the smell is developing just as I remember, a sweet berry smell with some of them developing a bit of sour as they mature.

The little Gorilla Shizzle is starting to get some size, curious to see what she becomes, one of her parent strains holds the world record for yield of an Auto I believe.

And I have a LOT of little ones going to choose from for the next grow and for outside this year :)

Indoor girls are doing great, tomorrow will be day 28 post flip and I will post more pictures then, wanting photos of them every 7 days till harvest, which is only 3 to 4 weeks away for these girls. They are starting to pack on weight already and the smell is developing just as I remember, a sweet berry smell with some of them developing a bit of sour as they mature.

The little Gorilla Shizzle is starting to get some size, curious to see what she becomes, one of her parent strains holds the world record for yield of an Auto I believe.

And I have a LOT of little ones going to choose from for the next grow and for outside this year :)
Wow that sounds delicious :ganjamon:

World record for an auto, what is that, a couple of pounds? Exciting to see where that will go.
I’m looking forward to following your pheno hunt, learn lots and apply it to my grow!

Well, we have partial success with the 3 sad/green looking PC seeds I kept. For days nothing was happening which worried me as the seeds didn’t look ripe and the fresh BD seed generally cracked within 24 hrs. So to hedge my bets, so to speak, I resoaked them in GA3 solution at 500ppm for 12 hrs and them put them back into paper towel and last night she was showing signs of splitting.

Today we have this

5F1C8131-7CE7-4B30-8971-CD6C42F8A313.jpeg

And now it’s been put into a solo cup with about 1 inch soil with 1 inch of coco on top to finish the germination process. This is because the GA3 will make her stretch madly for the first week or so and will need soil top ups to keep her stable.

Fingers crossed I am able to save this contrary line of genetics :rofl:

I may live in a rural area but cmon, it’s not hard to bring it to the right province, let alone city...
it makes things too slow and I’m an impatient millennial... :lot-o-toke: at least when it comes to my cannabis
Hear ya bro

Day 28 post flip

Right and left end of tent.

0E8CB01E-DB6E-4A98-83DC-ABBDD59F149F.jpeg

8B2A388D-F61A-4971-8FA7-194278B4F3C7.jpeg

A few bud shots

9BEC10E0-93EA-40B6-B8BF-F1BCD7DA87B9.jpeg

3CD06BC2-AD0E-4C66-9B1B-70B7B61FFB26.jpeg

D581008F-BDE3-46AC-9AA6-6587E81477B8.jpeg

The bud is filling out nicely and have been starting to take on the sweet berry smell I expect with this strain. Although I have in the past started harvest around 45 days post flip with this strain, these girls will likely get another 3 weeks or more before I start harvesting.

I have been looking into mutations common to our favourite girls and began to wonder about whether they are actually mutations, or resurfacing dormant genes, and the causes. Mostly just because I am seeing quite a number of these “mutations” appearing in my batch of Blue Dream seed.

For those that have been following along, you know I have started a somewhere around 200 of these seeds for myself and friends, mostly so I could do some pheno hunting. As they have been growing, I have seen at least 4 different ”mutations“ appear.

So, of the 4 I have seen, I will show pictures of each and give my thoughts on each.

First up - Twin Seedlings
DF0B904F-8DE3-4FB2-8620-DD7B7D2E2874.jpeg

Until I read a bit about this one, I had decided it was not so much of a mutation as a similar process to how human twins form. After reading up on it, and realizing it is fairly rare (low percentage) and that of the 2 plants, coming from the same seed, one would be a genetic clone of the mother, I came to the conclusion that it IS a mutation. As such, these 2 will have a home with me for as long as I decide to keep them and will keep them in my weekly updates.

Second up - Variegation

81072C9D-B8B4-4F4C-B4FC-8E14795B5C6F.jpeg

This I would say is a true mutation as it rarely appears over an entire plant and it my case, just the centre leaflet of this one leaf. In some cases, the differing colours is even more pronounced.

Thirdly we have - Auto Topping plants

Although these have yet to top themselves, due to the apical meristem having not developed a new shoot but rather just a single leaf or in the one case, 2 leaves as normal but they failed to separate leaving a cupped effect with no new shoot.

2A498785-6257-48D4-AEAF-A820C760F911.jpeg

17B6767D-2F55-4AFF-91D6-F98A341FB8A5.jpeg

Sorry about the picture quality, I shake and am no photographer lol

The first one has the top pair of leaves fused into a cup so no shoot developed.

The second picture is of one of the twins that grew 3 leaves at the apex but no shoot developed. I suspect that these 2 and one other that only grew 1 leaf and no shoot will all auto top themselves eventually.

Lastly we have - whorled Phyllotaxy or a trifoliate plant.

The one on the left is growing 3 limbs from every node.
C801F3A7-2DA4-4023-9EF6-0B262FE86E8E.jpeg

This is the “mutation” that I wonder if it’s not a dormant gene that has expressed itself. The reason I question this one is because I have 6 of these from the same batch of seed which accounts for about 3% of the total population. This is quite high for a mutation that should be occurring randomly.

This also got me to wondering if in our attempts to selectively breed new strains, with a lot of severely IBLs and self crossing, if we are causing these mutations to be more prevalent and maybe awakening dormant genes.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share and see what others experience and thoughts were on mutations in our prized crops.

Back
Top Bottom