Celt’s 2020 Grows

If you get a chance, between deluges, and can, I would suggest putting burlap or some sort of cloth around your girls @Hplar. You are closer to where the centre is predicted to make landfall and the winds tomorrow when it arrives are likely to be much worse than here.
Got them all nice and comfortable..squeezed 2 in the greenhouse and put burlap around the other 1s ..I also anchored my barrels down good...so fingers crossed they will be half ways safe :bongrip: The strongest winds aren't suppose to be until tomorrow

Afternoon all :)

Beautiful day here today after the crap earlier in the week. The girls seem no worse for wear and are bulking up nicely. Got some pictures today with the sun behind them and the spears really show up.

Here they are

23E9CB49-4C2E-4A5E-8987-D4A0684BA70C.jpeg

9850FA36-46A4-4B3B-B6F2-D915DA978961.jpeg

3B2FA759-25F0-450C-8B25-DAC73941F0C0.jpeg

64DD307A-80B4-4D81-B905-B6322E25BD0F.jpeg

That’s the four garden girls. Last shot is fuzzy as without my glasses and looking into the sun, I am basically shooting blind :rofl:

Now the four bucket girls. Harvest of these four may start late next week.

01EB3265-EB0F-494E-9365-2E14C04FDA64.jpeg

DB2AF6C5-2437-414C-A0A7-A479301A1133.jpeg

46708306-E089-41D1-A222-41FCD9150FA7.jpeg

F9222629-937E-40C3-8D0C-04A719566C7F.jpeg

Afternoon all :)

Beautiful day here today after the crap earlier in the week. The girls seem no worse for wear and are bulking up nicely. Got some pictures today with the sun behind them and the spears really show up.

Here they are

23E9CB49-4C2E-4A5E-8987-D4A0684BA70C.jpeg

9850FA36-46A4-4B3B-B6F2-D915DA978961.jpeg

3B2FA759-25F0-450C-8B25-DAC73941F0C0.jpeg

64DD307A-80B4-4D81-B905-B6322E25BD0F.jpeg

That’s the four garden girls. Last shot is fuzzy as without my glasses and looking into the sun, I am basically shooting blind :rofl:

Now the four bucket girls. Harvest of these four may start late next week.

01EB3265-EB0F-494E-9365-2E14C04FDA64.jpeg

DB2AF6C5-2437-414C-A0A7-A479301A1133.jpeg

46708306-E089-41D1-A222-41FCD9150FA7.jpeg

F9222629-937E-40C3-8D0C-04A719566C7F.jpeg
We also have the big Cluster Bomb and the Blue Dream twins, all of which are likely to be 3-4wks yet before they are ready.

41C7817E-E5C2-43AF-960D-A4866A31AFD3.jpeg

00D4224B-EC0C-4E79-8C86-BA6480C30D19.jpeg

DDEEAAF0-20E4-4580-A4B2-5FAE9E3561DB.jpeg

Think this :drool::drool::drool: says it all
They are some real beauties.

Celt, question, in your experience ( or anyone else) when do the buds do their most bulking up?
Approximately of course, last third of their flowering stage?

Burlap ready and waiting for the next frost...

Definitely, it was around a couple of the girls (ones without cages) to keep them from losing limbs with that heavy rain and wind we had. I am leaving it there like a skirt to be pulled up as needed :)

Think this :drool::drool::drool: says it all
They are some real beauties.

Celt, question, in your experience ( or anyone else) when do the buds do their most bulking up?
Approximately of course, last third of their flowering stage?

Watching these girls this year, all Sativa leaning hybrids, and the BD girls having 3 distinctly different phenos, some seem to start bulking up about week 4 or 5 and then seem to fill out over the next 2 weeks and another 10-14days to ripen.

A couple, that strike me as Sativa dominate, appear to take longer to bulk up and ripen. The 1st picture is the girl at the North end of the garden, she was the first to show signs of flowering but strikes me as she could still bulk a bit more and will likely be another 2-3 weeks before I harvest her.

Morning all, have something I want to show you outdoor growers, not much of a concern for indoor growing.

A while back, I mentioned and showed pictures of the Corn Borer worm that likes our plants as well and bores into the stem and damages the plant from the inside out. After finding them in the big Cluster Bomb and having amputated the affected limbs, I was hoping that would be the end of it. As it turns out, they have 2 and sometimes 3 hatches a season and there was one recently.

93A66834-B102-46B8-9026-FA40AB8CFFE9.jpeg

7E48B600-31AD-4A57-B54B-597BB0468312.jpeg

I amputated 2 buds that size and then gave the plant a thorough inspection and found quite a few more sites where they had took up residency. The other sites were not tight to the bud like the ones I removed, so I split the stem and skewered the little bastards. Keep an eye out for leaves dying for no reason and check the nodes for piles of crap (looks like fine sawdust). I have no doubt that these little bastards are the reason behind the odd time I have had bud rot as I have often found a worm in the rotted bud.
Hi Celt. I have just discovered these little buggers today. I had previous problems with aphids (I thought) and sprayed & thought I’d burned them. A few weeks later my plants took off and although behind by2 weeks have bushed right out and during examination I found some browning buds - clipped them off and saw little white worms in the Bud. Today, I noticed a small branch with grunge on them so I sacrificed it and spilt open the stem. Saw them ! My question is are they all toast. Should I try to save the big colas. Should I toss the smaller branches. Of course I’d bud wash but my plants are Huge like 6x6 - I just don’t know what to concentrate on first. Any help would be appreciated. Attaching pic of the stem
My big colas aren’t ready by trichome colour. Mostly clear but I’d rather have something than nothing. Thanks.

Attachments

• C7EB0C62-E345-4A23-82AC-64F5326C65F0.jpeg
    C7EB0C62-E345-4A23-82AC-64F5326C65F0.jpeg
    726.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 37AA9B05-B583-478E-80CD-99490F066B6E.jpeg
    37AA9B05-B583-478E-80CD-99490F066B6E.jpeg
    578.7 KB · Views: 49
Hey @GrammaDube :)

European Corn Borers, bloody little bastards, had a bunch of them myself this year.

Look for those piles of crap (looks like fine sawdust) at the nodes. When you find them, if it‘s not tight to a bud, split the stem, lengthwise, with a sharp knife, you will be able to tell which way it’s travelling (usually towards the tops). Split just the lower side of the limb and keep splitting it until you find the little bastards and stab them. The split won’t really hurt the plant and you can save the bud by getting the worms before they make it that far.

I did this with a couple of my plants, but sometimes you would have to split a bud to get them, at that point, I amputate the bud to keep it from rotting and the rot spreading to other buds.

As a side note @Kodiak420, outdoors, these girls (both strains) seem to mature much faster than being under lights indoors.

Some of them “could” be harvested anytime now, and some growers would be pulling them already thinking they were ready and fearing weather/frost.

I didn’t take picture (stupid I know) not thinking about the bud itself. Looking at the crown of the buds, some guys would say they are ready as they look it and the trichomes are mostly cloudy, but if you look further in a limb, or further down the plant, there are still bright white pistils and less bulk. By leaving them another week or so, that bud will fill in as well if the weather holds. The tops look awesome, but it’s due to two nights of frost (freezing temps the 2nd night) back to back.

Hey @GrammaDube :)

European Corn Borers, bloody little bastards, had a bunch of them myself this year.

Look for those piles of crap (looks like fine sawdust) at the nodes. When you find them, if it‘s not tight to a bud, split the stem, lengthwise, with a sharp knife, you will be able to tell which way it’s travelling (usually towards the tops). Split just the lower side of the limb and keep splitting it until you find the little bastards and stab them. The split won’t really hurt the plant and you can save the bud by getting the worms before they make it that far.

I did this with a couple of my plants, but sometimes you would have to split a bud to get them, at that point, I amputate the bud to keep it from rotting and the rot spreading to other buds.
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m on my way out to the patch to do what you’ve said. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Afternoon @MrSauga , already getting itchy scissor fingers :rofl:

The weather for the next 2 weeks is predicting daytime temps in the 20s this week and mid teens the following week, with night time temps 9C or higher for the next 2 weeks.

This time of year becomes a game of Russian Roulette weather wise with fingers crossed that the “frost bullet” and “bud rot” stay at bay and at best I can only play it week by week.

I was away for the weekend, and looking today, they have matured a fair bit with the bucket girls likely to come down starting wed/thurs and over next weekend. The rest , I will push as long as the weather cooperates, but the garden girls are bulking up nicely and they may get the chop over the following week.

Hey grow mates, 2 days away and I will be days catching up the other journals I follow, things most fast here sometimes :)

I was given some bud yesterday, smells like sweet turpentine and is an awesome Sativa Dom smoke. The guys uncle grew it and he thought it might be Bruce Banner. Anybody grown or tried this strain? Does it smell of turpentine?

Morning all :)

Got home yesterday, fed the girls and not much else. I was pretty burned out after spending the weekend at my buddies. We spent most of the day Saturday touring the mountain, drinks and joints in hand, in his side-by-side while the girls lounged around in their pjs :rofl:

Later in the afternoon after working out some kinks, aches, and pains, I took my spare eye balls and loupe and did a through exam of the girls. Found a couple small sites of bud rot which were promptly amputated. These girls have matured a lot over the past few days and I will likely start harvest tonight. Need to make room for drying today before I start cutting.

The 4 bucket girls will be the first to get chopped and a couple of the garden girls are likely to see the axe on the weekend. This will work out quite well as my buddy and his wife, where Krista and I were for the weekend, are coming here next weekend to help harvest.

Harvest this year may not be as much of a chore as I originally thought with them coming to help this weekend and another couple coming to help the following weekend. Gotta love good friends who are also smoke buddies :)

Morning @TheNuttyProfessor

I was a rummy long before I took up using cannabis :rofl: so the 2 go hand in hand for me when I am out and about :rofl: even most evenings I have a couple drinks between late afternoon and bed, but it’s a taste thing for me rather than the alcohol these days. I drink mostly Iced Tea/water (50/50) and always have a thermo cup full nearby, but in the evenings I add a splash of rum because I like the taste better :rofl:

Morning @TheNuttyProfessor

I was a rummy long before I took up using cannabis :rofl: so the 2 go hand in hand for me when I am out and about :rofl: even most evenings I have a couple drinks between late afternoon and bed, but it’s a taste thing for me rather than the alcohol these days. I drink mostly Iced Tea/water (50/50) and always have a thermo cup full nearby, but in the evenings I add a splash of rum because I like the taste better :rofl:
Is it redrum? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Plants look awesome Celt! It looks like you have a pine tree farm dude! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom