CFL Cardboard Box Grow

I have a cheap $29 meter that I bought years ago, a Hanna... and I have to replace the bulb on it about once a year. Now that I have gone organic though, it has been sitting unused for over a year. Get something like that though, or at the least, some test strips used to test aquariums or swimming pools. That will get you closer than guessing.
Ok ill see what I can do thanks a bunch!

Quick question Guys, once I've started flowering (to the point of knowing males from females) will I be able to move from the cardboard box into my cupboard space? Ive read that changing a grow area so drastically can ruin everything. Any advice on this would be wonderful! hope everyone is well :)

Sent from my E2104 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey all hope everyone is having a good week/weekend it's snowing where I am this only happens once every 3 years so this is awesome. here's a little update for everyone following. All plants were topped today, I'm going to water them all after the 4 hours sleep they get (20/4) and just wanted some advice on the nutes I picked up!
The PH of the soil at this time is 6.3 - 6.7 between plants, I've been told soil pH testing is inaccurate but this is all I have for the time being.
Temps range around 9-15 degrees.
Humidity is at 64% (keep in mind it's snowing)
Plants have been in veg for 25 days (will flower at 30 days)

Everyone said I needed phos so i got this. Where I am we don't have fox farm or any of that jazz so I have to make do with what I can get.
420-magazine-mobile1361002999.jpg

420-magazine-mobile162784029.jpg

I have a bag of Epson salts lying around for when my back plays up. Will this do as a magnesium source for now?
420-magazine-mobile554574685.jpg

And last of all a few photos of the plants. I have taken two out and given them away as space is slowly becoming an issue.
420-magazine-mobile1080425392.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1019772330.jpg

420-magazine-mobile282080130.jpg

A few photos of new growth and topping sites.
420-magazine-mobile660606357.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1944588365.jpg

420-magazine-mobile999058443.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2073009424.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1401284775.jpg

can you get hold of some molasses? Unsulphured molasses has a lot of magnesium in it, and would be a better source than throwing salt in your soil. Someone living somewhere where it is hard to get nutrients and things could gain a big advantage by learning how to ferment your own nutrients from the natural plants around you. I invite you to read my article on making your own nutrients from dandelions.

can you get hold of some molasses? Unsulphured molasses has a lot of magnesium in it, and would be a better source than throwing salt in your soil. Someone living somewhere where it is hard to get nutrients and things could gain a big advantage by learning how to ferment your own nutrients from the natural plants around you. I invite you to read my article on making your own nutrients from dandelions.

I will try with the molasses should be able to find some somewhere. I have just read through your egg shell magic trick. My mom used to do that when I was younger with the potatoes and tomatoes ect. mix crushed egg shells in the soil a week before planting. She used to use banana skins as well, wrap them around the base of a rose bush and that sucker will love you for it!!!
I also had an old friend who swore by sheep shit and very small amounts of raw fish. Odd mix I know but his outdoor grow yields were insane!

I will try with the molasses should be able to find some somewhere. I have just read through your egg shell magic trick. My mom used to do that when I was younger with the potatoes and tomatoes ect. mix crushed egg shells in the soil a week before planting. She used to use banana skins as well, wrap them around the base of a rose bush and that sucker will love you for it!!!
I also had an old friend who swore by sheep shit and very small amounts of raw fish. Odd mix I know but his outdoor grow yields were insane!

all very good natural nutrients! Your mom knew what she was doing! Your friend too... pay attention to their tricks. :)

all very good natural nutrients! Your mom knew what she was doing! Your friend too... pay attention to their tricks. :)
Honestly if I knew these sort of trick could be implemented indoors I probably wouldn't be having problems haha. I thought indoors was safer with store bought ferts but you are changing my mind. I feel inclined to start doing these things in preparation for my next grow!

<Cupboard grow related>

So the cupboard has been started! Nothing flash just a little area for me to grow some yummy herb for the missus and try out tricks advised by this site and previous outdoor experience. I'll post pictures and update everyone as I go. If you have any advice or "things you would change" please say so.

look at that nice color coming back into the new growth! good job!
Indeed! Even fighting the cold these baby's are going strong! One plant has a lighter green on the newest set of leaves then the rest but I feel that is because they are still small and need to grow out. Will do a full update when I'm home this evening!
Hope everyone is well and medicated!!

Jimdogggy

hi I m growing in a box too :) clf lights and aluminum foil.. I swear I was looking at my car shades the other day..thinking... hm.... looks good and strong... :rofl:

hi I m growing in a box too :) clf lights and aluminum foil.. I swear I was looking at my car shades the other day..thinking... hm.... looks good and strong... :rofl:
Hey angrybird :)
Box growing is a great idea isn't it? So easy to achieve and this site helps every bit more! I wondered if it would work as well, asked a old grow friend he said he couldn't see why not. Can't hurt to try ay? Hope to see you more angrybird :)

Jimdogggy

Back
Top Bottom