Charlie's 2nd indoor grow

That's not a bloom fert, it's waay too high in N. I used MG in my first grow and I found it worked best at 1/4-1/3 strength, cos it's a really potent chemical fert. Even less if you plan to use it as a foliar spray (like 1/8-1/10 or something). TBH I've never seen a decent bloom fert in the MG product range, they are all way too nigh in Nitrogen.

OK how much should i dilute it, 1 tablespoon into a gallon of water? And i've been adding 1 tablespoon per gallon of generic hydrogen peroxide 3% to help with oxygen to the roots and takeout some impurities in the water. I moved the seedlings into red plastic party cups last night and they seem to be doing fine, no shock at all. I'll be going to home depot to get 2 of those y bulb fittings. I might be getting a loan to consolidate some of my outstanding debts and if there's any money left over, i'll be shopping for an hid. I'm trying to find a digi camera to get some pics up.

^
I know this to be true. However MG nutes still contain all necessary macro and micro nutrients essential for good growth, you just need to dilute the HELL out of it! And if you plan on using MG for your entire grow including flowering then you are going to want to flush for an extra week at least to rid the plant of all the nasty chem taste. And flush every few weeks for the entire grow. I've never seen a good MG brand flowering fert anyway, they all seem to be very nigh in N.

Charlie if you decide to go ahead with the MG for veg at least, I'd recommend trying 1/3-1/2 tsp per Gallon of water, and work your way up to 1 full teaspoon per gallon. Seriously, that's how strong this s**t is! The directions on my MG box say 1/4 tsp per litre of water for "house plants" and 1 table-spoon per 4 litres or gallon for "outdoor plants" but this is a very rough guide if you ask me. You're growing in soil so you really shouldn't need that high a dose of nutes anyway IMO :)

Update, the 7 sprouts are still under 24/0 light. I got 2 150 watt eq cfl's and the plants are loving all the extra lumens. I'm up to 12,200 lumens. I'm amazed that I only put the germinated seeds in the soil a week ago. They've already got the fist "set of 3" leaves. Heh, they're growing like weeds. One girl got burned pretty bad after the light fell on her while i was at work, but it looks better now. Still trying to get pics up.

Bad news, i sun burnt the girls yesterday by accident. The weather was perfect outside so i thought i'd let the plants get a few hours of sunlight cause it has to be better than the crappy cfl light, right. Wrong, after 5 hours on the deck, they looked like death. I may have to start off a new batch of seeds. It's no biggie, i have lotsa seeds saved up. And i had only been growing them for a week and a half, but it still a bummer. Should give me an opportunity to improve the grow space too, i've been having trouble with light leaking out and 90'ish temps.

Sorry to hear about your girls, Good luck with your next batch.

That sucks man :-( There's always a slight chance they could possibly make it, maybe.. being as hardy as cannabis is ;)

Keen to see what you got up your sleeve for the next grow + improvements.

Ya, i've got 4 girls now that look kinda bad, but i think with some tlc they just might pull through. I clipped off all the dead leaf tips. I'm kinda worried that this near death exp might have stressed them into male'ness, but oh well.

Alright, having the setup take up the slanted corner of my attic wasn't working well because the lights were suspended by an extension cord taped to the slanted cieling. The tape couldn't hold the weight of the lights so they kept falling on the plants. Right now i have the plants on the floor between two 3' tall home theater speakers placed back to back about a foot apart.
speakers.jpg

The lights are on the extension cord still. Its tied it around an alluminum pipe i had laying around and bridged it across the top of the speakers. The 4 lights are in an H pattern and are 2 inches from the tops of the plants. Each bulb is a 150 watt eq cfl and there is 1 plant under each light.
The plants sprouted on august 26th, so the are now 16 days old. The plants are kept 24 hour light. They are all right at 3" tall and starting the 5 pronged leaves. The plants are not as wide as other plants i've grown. From leaf tip to oposing leaf tip is only 3 inches. Internodes are nice a tiny. All of the leaf growth is in the top 1/2 of that 3". The stems are kinda scrawny looking even though i have a fan blowing on them, on low, at all times. My brother has a digital camera, and i'll see if i can get him to bring it over this weekend so i can take some pics.

Remember 9/11
Peace,
Charliemopps

Play them some nice music whilst ya got the speakers there !
I hear that plants respond well to music, of course that's coming
from an old hippy piano player from way back. :smokin:

Peace :roorrip:

You really need to get a camera man, lol (look who's talking), save you having to write so much and us having to try and visualize your setup ;)

TBH with your 24/0 light thing bro, I reckon you'd do better on 18/6, I read somewhere in over-grow faq's (I think) about plants (or their roots maybe) growing in the dark, and plants need their sleep just like we do :)

Just cos they aren't photosynthesising when the lights are off, doesn't mean nothing is happening. The plants are just using up the energy they stored during the day while the lights were on. Have a good read through the OverGrow Faq's man if you haven't already, link in my sig below..

========>> :peace:

I barely have enough money to pay rent let alone buy a light timer. Gimme a week or 2's paychecks to get another lightbulb and a timer. I wanna go 12/12 asap, i'll do that right after i transplant to larger containers. I'm calling everybody i know who has a digi to see if i could borrow one and nobodys callin me back.

300th post :wootz

I feel ya man! I'm in the same boat, have been for well over a year. Shouldn't be much longer till I return to the workforce .. craving that full-time structure (and extra money!)

edit: Make sure you get an analogue style timer for your lights if using CFLs (or any fluros for that matter I believe) NOT a digital timer.

Happy 300th post bruv :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm going to walmart first thing in the morning to get an ANALOG 24 hour light timer. I should have some buds going on real soon.

Got it, light cycle is now 12/12, 8AM to 8PM. After 2.5 weeks of veg, it's time for the flowering stage. 2 months till i got home grown. It'll make a nice gift to myself.

Back
Top Bottom