Cheap but good soil that needs no amending?

TheFertilizer

I have been using Black Gold but it keeps coming with fungus gnats st no extra charge so I am going to switch. I could get a 2 cubic foot bag for like twelve bucks though, does anyone know of similar priced soil that will work well? Seems like most soils pepper suggest are twice or even four times as much as that.

Seems odd you getting fungus gnats with a new bag of compost each time ?

Yeah I'm not certain it's the soil but it sure seems like it is, unless they found their way into the bag while it was sitting around. It seems more like they're laying dormant in the soil because I have heard a lot of people mentioning fungus gnats in online reviews of it.

Yeah I'm not certain it's the soil but it sure seems like it is, unless they found their way into the bag while it was sitting around. It seems more like they're laying dormant in the soil because I have heard a lot of people mentioning fungus gnats in online reviews of it.

Ye that is an interesting comment which could mean the problem is at their end of the supply chain or process of making the compost at some point, might be worth dropping them an email for a complaint issue it should hopefully make em sort it out & treat the problem in the long run.

Biobizz all mix is pretty alright compost comes with perlite, worm castings, peat, PH adjusted to around 6.8 with some nutrients in been a firm favourite of mine for years, ye see some folk around the forums use as well it is around the same price tag ya looking for.

I use Promix HP with Myco. It costs about $45, but it is a 3.8 cu-ft compressed bale the yields about 6 cu-ft.
It has no nut'es in it, but I prefer it that way. Not too hot for germinating and no guess work as to what might still be in there as the grow progresses. You can easily amend it before planting or bottle feed.

Back
Top Bottom