Christmas Greetings to my fellow growers from Ontario Canada!

Heatherbella

420 Member
Hi guys,
I’m a relatively new (1year) indoor grower, I’ve been forced to learn cuz the guy who used to grow for me (my ex-husband), feels he is getting too old so if I don’t do it myself, then nobody will. So all I’ve had at my disposal is Google and YouTube, and as I’m sure you’re all aware, each video contradicts the one before or after so that’s not much use. I started out using General Hydroponics cuz that’s what Amazon sold, but I have since switched to Advanced Nutrients and they have the best customer service rep’s I’ve ever encountered.
But I always have questions that you can’t ask a supplier, so I am really looking forward to getting some input from other growers as well. Powdery mildew is my arch nemesis right now and believe it or not, now that I am using the additional supplements, my plants seem to be fighting it on their own as they get healthier and healthier. I still find the odd leaf with a little bit on it, but thankfully I have never had a full blown breakout.
I look forward to learning from all of you! Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Heatherbella

Will you be growing in soil, water or something else?
There are a few growers on here that use AN, so someone will come alone that has used or still uses AN.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Hi guys,
I’m a relatively new (1year) indoor grower, I’ve been forced to learn cuz the guy who used to grow for me (my ex-husband), feels he is getting too old so if I don’t do it myself, then nobody will. So all I’ve had at my disposal is Google and YouTube, and as I’m sure you’re all aware, each video contradicts the one before or after so that’s not much use. I started out using General Hydroponics cuz that’s what Amazon sold, but I have since switched to Advanced Nutrients and they have the best customer service rep’s I’ve ever encountered.
But I always have questions that you can’t ask a supplier, so I am really looking forward to getting some input from other growers as well. Powdery mildew is my arch nemesis right now and believe it or not, now that I am using the additional supplements, my plants seem to be fighting it on their own as they get healthier and healthier. I still find the odd leaf with a little bit on it, but thankfully I have never had a full blown breakout.
I look forward to learning from all of you! Thank you in advance for all of your help!
Hey hope your doing well.
Welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:
I'm in Ontario aswell.
There is a lot of us.
If you need a hand with anything I'm always around.
Take care.

#Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Hi guys,
Welcome to 420 @Heatherbella, lots of helpful people here

For the PM try intheshed's recipe

Here's the recipe (scale up as necessary...I mix a gallon at time!):
5g food grade citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap

(For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water, or 0.3ml per 500ml. I have since switched to yucca powder which is around 1/8 tsp/gallon.)

Mix well and spray, and make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch. Also, spray first thing in the morning before the sun is baking the leaves.

You can tell live PM from dead because live PM will wipe off with your finger (wash your hands after!). Dead PM looks similar but won't wipe off.

Just a note, this kills PM but doesn't prevent it so repeat as needed. The only thing that tends to prevent PM are oil sprays which I don't use in flower. In veg I usually just use neem to keep the PM down.
:passitleft:

@Heatherbella , welcome to the forum, from what I'm reading you already have a good grasp on growing. Perhaps you may have some savvy of your own, that you can share to us as well.

Good seeing you and hope to continue hearing from you henceforth.

Welcome to 420 @Heatherbella, lots of helpful people here

For the PM try intheshed's recipe

Here's the recipe (scale up as necessary...I mix a gallon at time!):
5g food grade citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap

(For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water, or 0.3ml per 500ml. I have since switched to yucca powder which is around 1/8 tsp/gallon.)

Mix well and spray, and make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch. Also, spray first thing in the morning before the sun is baking the leaves.

You can tell live PM from dead because live PM will wipe off with your finger (wash your hands after!). Dead PM looks similar but won't wipe off.

Just a note, this kills PM but doesn't prevent it so repeat as needed. The only thing that tends to prevent PM are oil sprays which I don't use in flower. In veg I usually just use neem to keep the PM down.
:passitleft:
Wow. Wow wow. Thank you so much for being one of the many on this site willing to take time out of your day to help me. This was unexpected, to be sure, but you actually gave me precise info.
My problem is that I live in a very small town, and when I say small, I mean it’s a cottage town of 3,900 residents and tens of thousands of summer cottage residents. We have 2 dispensaries for little things, but the nearest city is an hour and a half away so when you say food grade citric acid, what does that mean in small town lingo? Of course I could google it, but you seem to know what you’re talking about so I’d prefer your preference.
Now as for the sunrise? Thankfully I’m growing indoors cuz we don’t see very many sunrises or sunsets during winter up here, so I can turn the lights on and off, as needed. Should I spray before the lights come on in the morning, or after they’ve cooled down after lights out? Can this stuff sit on/in the buds overnight, or does it require lights on after application? And should I spray with plain water some time after to rinse the leaves before lights on?

See what I mean? So many questions, for just one problem. And now I’ll, or maybe I should say we’ll, be inundated with more info and remedies for something that is so prevalent, yet not discussed enough.

Looking forward to hearing from you, in the meantime I’m just removing any infected leaves and biding my time cuz I’m halfway through week 5 of flower.

Wow. Wow wow. Thank you so much for being one of the many on this site willing to take time out of your day to help me. This was unexpected, to be sure, but you actually gave me precise info.
My problem is that I live in a very small town, and when I say small, I mean it’s a cottage town of 3,900 residents and tens of thousands of summer cottage residents. We have 2 dispensaries for little things, but the nearest city is an hour and a half away so when you say food grade citric acid, what does that mean in small town lingo? Of course I could google it, but you seem to know what you’re talking about so I’d prefer your preference.
Now as for the sunrise? Thankfully I’m growing indoors cuz we don’t see very many sunrises or sunsets during winter up here, so I can turn the lights on and off, as needed. Should I spray before the lights come on in the morning, or after they’ve cooled down after lights out? Can this stuff sit on/in the buds overnight, or does it require lights on after application? And should I spray with plain water some time after to rinse the leaves before lights on?

See what I mean? So many questions, for just one problem. And now I’ll, or maybe I should say we’ll, be inundated with more info and remedies for something that is so prevalent, yet not discussed enough.

Looking forward to hearing from you, in the meantime I’m just removing any infected leaves and biding my time cuz I’m halfway through week 5 of flower.
Food grade means you can eat it, find it in the baking section
Lights on you want it to dry before lights off (don't want bud rot)
Spraying any plants at mid day sun can burn plants by magnifying water droplets

You can do a bud wash Bud Washing after cutting if you are concerned about residue (don't use the hottest tap water just use room temp)
Will also clean any PM if on the buds

Back
Top Bottom