Chrome's 'Just Mess'in Around' CFL + Bag Seed Grow

One more thing. If you use tap water try filling and let them sit out uncapped overnight without nutes. My water has a bit higher amount of chlorine in it and this will allow most if not all of it to evaporate.

That worked better "back in the day"...nowadays if you live in an urban area there is a very good chance your tap water has chloramine in it. That stuff does not evaporate...

Yeah, I splurged and spent a whole $3 on two jugs of distilled water to water her with over the next week to see if i can fix her up.. I just dont have much time I think to fix this situation, she's popping orange hairs all over the place. I see harvest happening some time short of my planned 2nd week in july.. and my clones just aren't rooting, they aren't dying either.. I feel so stupid right now.. I have gardened my whole life and NEVER have I ever failed so stupendously or what ever it is I am doing...

Kuni is so right... :(

Chrome...friend...buddy...pal...you've still got 5-6 weeks before your anticipated harvest date. PLENTY of time to get her back on the right track and still get some good bud, when in doubt just refer to the last few sets of pics prior to harvest of my plant...note the lack of fan leaves and the length of time they were missing. I still got some potent bud and it's getting more potent by the day with the air curing...it's not the purtiest looking bud I've ever seen but it's potent enough to stand on it's own.

Don't give up just yet. If your runoff pH is good and has been for the last two flushes I'd go ahead and hit it with two doses of regular strength nutes for two waterings in a row and see how it looks about 2-3 days after the second dose. If you see an improvement I'd err on the side of caution and hit it with distilled water and then back to the regular or even a stronger dose the next watering.

You've got time to fix it and be happy with the medical qualities...visual quality may suffer a little but when you're flying through the clouds and your body is glowing you won't really care what it looked like :Rasta:

:nicethread: Just read the whole thing
"I feel so stupid right now.. I have gardened my whole life and NEVER have I ever failed so stupendously or what ever it is I am doing... "

I know what u mean, but relax my friend...it aint over and you haven't failed...mj is a hell of a plant and she tends to forgive us for our sins..i'm a lil concerned w/what your soil ph is...every problem has a solution and our f'ups just help us get a better feel for our girls...+reps

Dude...that's making your heart-break? You'll die if she winds up looking like mine did!

Heck of a "bear claw" look you have going on, iirc that's usually a sign of excess nitrogen but shouldn't be in your case (or mine, mine had claws like that too)...it looks like most of the damage is concentrated towards the top, especially the new growth. There's some damage further down but not nearly as pervasive (extreme might be a better word). This is worse than when it stabilized? When was the last time it was fed again (and NPK strength along with dosage)?

It appears to start on the edge of the fan leaves turning yellow, then orange, and finally necrotic...are you getting any dark spots mottling the leaves over most of the leaves of the plant? I can see some lighter colored speckles but I suspect that's tied to the nutrient that's causing the green to fade from the leaves.

I'd say if you can figure it out in the next two weeks you should be ok without losing too many fan leaves...but if they start turning faster than you can keep track of you've got big problems. I wound up pretty much waiting each day for the lights to come on so I could pull more dead fan leaves off lol

yeah...that was what i was trying to say but you said it better:grinjoint:...great post
my concern is that last run-off ph i saw(and forgive me if my stoned @## missed something) was 5ish, which is really low for soil and can cause nute lock out imo...but def not to late to fix what ever the prob may be

Hey guys. Yeah I was just feeling a littler frustrated the other day. I'm doing better and she's, well she's not getting worse. So that is a plus. Still no noticeable new bud development. Looks like I'm i'm lucky I'll pull about 3/4 an oz(post dry) at the rate she is going. which is a shame given her size. But hey its only my first grow in my setup. which it self is still in evolution. So lets change the subject. Lets talk about my clones.. (picture to come later)

So to recap I have two clones going, both taken well into the flower stage. one clone that I took before I had any root gel. She was simply cut shortened and placed in a cup of water with foil to block out the light in the cup. She looks healthy, how ever she is losing color which is a good sign. Means she needs to be feed. The other taken at a later day was cut soaked in rootech and placed in peat. This girl is wilting. Both are in a humidity dome under 6500k CFLs. I will be doing a Foliar feeding of technaflora thrive alive b-1 green which is a 1-1-1 tonight in hopes of keeping them alive and getting the to root and reveg. My plan is for one of them to be ready by the time mary bell gets chopped. How ever if both live I will flower out both of them. but as is, likes as though only one will be making it, I hope..

good luck on the clones. my buddy has had great luck using shultz take root, got at home depot, he takes them from the mother before it goes to flower though. He did take one from a flowering girl due to he mixed up the nursery and he may end up losing a strain,, so hopefuly it takes. I guess it is harder from flower,,,,

good luck. :goodluck:

No, not unlucky. Over achieving problem solver + weed = problem creator. haha Its funny, If i'm in a rut on a problem, weed always helps figure it out. Yet If i'm stoned and just messing around I always fuck something up. this being point in case.

I was in my room, girls six weeks in, seriously wasted, and caught my foot backing out and fell totally backwards on top of six plants! They all made it except one.....:)

I dunno, I'm not sure there's anything all that wrong with your plant. As you go into 12/12 leaves start turning yellow and drying up and falling off. That's normal.

Your plant looks like it's on the "thin" side however. I mean there doesn't seem to be a lot of thick full growth. This enables you to see though to what ever is on the other side of the plant. That look can be strain dependent too. But I think it's happening to you because or partly because you're using CFL's only AND the walls of your cab are not very close to the plant. In a CFL grow you really rely on the walls reflecting light into the plant.

You could build cardboard walls either white in color or lined with Mylar or an Emergency blanket. Put this over the plant so the light shines in through the top and the leaves are touching the temp walls on all sides.

You can look at the cab in my grow for example. Two plants were fit tightly inside - i.e. plants were pushing up against all 4 vertical walls - but not too much. When I'm closing the door of the cab and peak though a small crack just before it closes, I can see the brightness of light reflecting beneath the canopy dramatically increase. I'm sue your walls are too far away from the plant to make much of a difference.

If you were to bring reflective walls close in on the plant, I'm not sure if you will thicken up with new growth this late in 12/12, but you'll surely bring light beneath the canopy helping the buds grow a lot better and increasing the health of the leaves overall with the increase in light.

I was in my room, girls six weeks in, seriously wasted, and caught my foot backing out and fell totally backwards on top of six plants! They all made it except one.....:)

haha And I thought i was bad.. At least most of them survived.

Ugwad: There is definitely something wrong with her. She's not really taking up water she's not growing. I'm not sure what it is that is wrong with her but its not normal That I can say for sure. As for her not being too bushy, I think its genetics, plus she has lost a lot of leafs in the past few weeks. She use to be alot more dense. Though not too dense really, Not since she went through stretch any ways.

On a side note, the clones are not responding well too the foliar feeding at all.. they looked awful this morning.. :( I think I will just have to order some seeds. Any one ever use Attitude Seed bank? I have been looking at them and they seem safe, any input?

I love attitude seeds...!!!

my latest experience with them was...

IMG324.jpg

barneys farm violater kush (1 fem seed)... medical 1034 (2 fem seeds), and white russian (1 fem seed)

then... 2 UFO's (unidentified free offfers) DNA genetics rocklock, and sharksbreath.

I hear the freebies are older seeds, so they can keep stock fresh

the 4 'fresh' ones all cracked in about 12 hours, and then broke ground about 12-24 hours later..

the sharksbreath cracked in 24 hours, and broke ground about 24 hours later, and the rocklock never cracked...

used a prepaid cc (need to make sure it is auth for international use)

not worried about cc being reported as much as I am worried about a foreign cc processor holding my info.. security breeches etc..

hope that helps..

too bad we can't use credits.... :rofl::rofl:

Wait, but i thought you said we could!! HAHAHA..

so yeah I think I'm going to order something from them this week end. Not sure what though, I know i dont want to spend more then $40 on them though. got any recommendations? I like a good heady stone, huge fan of the old origanl afghan strains. I am looking at "Barneys Farm Phatt Fruity Feminized" right now. sounds good.

Barneys Farm Phatt Fruity Ferminized is a blend of fine cannabis genetics from Afghanistan, North India and Mexico. The team of experienced seed breeders at Barney's Farm gathered the best qualities of those landrace genetics and created a new feminized seed of the very best and rarest marijuana strain. Phatt Fruity is said to be very resinous variety with an above average yield and a heavy stoned effect.
Feminized seeds of this cannabis are 50% indica dominated and, as a rule, have a good mould resistance. They show an excellent germination rate and are suitable for indoor and outdoor cultivation. Their small size makes them perfect for gardens with restricted height; they are just 70 cm tall and many of our customers grow Phatt Fruity in closets, balconies and/or windowsills. These plants are not different from any other indica variety - dark green glossy foilage, short and bushy, with well developed compact colas. An earthy aroma mixed with smells of Indian spices starts appearing at the beginning of flowering and remain mild and pleasant throughout the whole maturing.

Phatt Fruity is well known for producing heavy yields after a short flowering period. It takes her just 8 weeks under optimum conditions to produce as much as 500+ gr. Her marijuana, once cured, has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long-lasting.

sorry chrome, but I cannot recceomend anything..

am just in middle of my first plant,, a "godbud" clone from a friend. he also has some blueberry of some sort, a g13 strain, ak47, and a 'bills brand'..

we went in together building a new room to grow them in, plus the new strains mentione above. we were able to keep it to about 90 bucks, but we were going in together, so like 45 each..

besides the cost of seeds there are a couple of other costs as well..
the fee they charge for (insert verb here... rymes with flipping) it's like 13 bucks, then the t-shirt is another 10.00

You didn't go get a loan at 19.5% interest now did ya? Holy crap... lol

Ummmmm... no? :ganjamon: haha I dunno I was curious. Besides i mess around here enough I'll be able to pay it back.. I mean what happens if i don't? Do they repo my grow journal?

:rofl::rofl: can always beg for donations:bongrip:

well?? you gonna pay the man or is he gonna have to get all crazy up on you??:cheesygrinsmiley:

haha, nah I'll never beg, I'll just have to post like 100 updates a day.

Back
Top Bottom