Chump's First

Here's what appears to be the females together.

P1060163a.JPG

And some strange growths on the upper node of the LST. I don't know if it's hairs or new vegitative growth.

P1060162a.JPG

I stole some soil from the big male's pot, and topped off the pot with the 2 together. The roots were insane, I wasn't sure if I could re-use any of the soil it was so consumed by roots. But I got enough out of there to fill up the other planter. That was a big strong plant!

Re-using soil is something I've been thinking about.

The issues are separating it from old roots, which can be a hassle if the plant had a big root system, like that male you had.

Other issues are that it is possible to transfer diseases and bugs to your other plants or seedlings, as the case may be. Also, that big male probably sucked most of the goodies out of that soil, so it's not going to have the same complete nute package that new soil would have.

For topping off your other planters, if you didn't have any new mix laying around, it's prolly OK, but what I like to do when there is space available in the pot, is to mix some fresh potting soil 50/50 with pure worm castings and use that to bring the soil level up to the top.

That will help your plants stay nice and green later in the grow, and instead of just filling up the empty space, you're adding something that will benefit the plant food-wise.

Thanks for the updated pics Ms. Chump Stain:)

regards,

SS

haven't had internet in a couple weeks, so sorry. So here's the update, with pics soon. All but the LST were male. So I had to make several more chops. Which sucks! But, the LST is doing so good. It's in full bloom, and I started adding a blooming mix to the water. It's a blue powder that you mix into the water. It's got flowers all over!

A good friend of mine came by with a gift, and it was about 10 more plants. They are kind of small, but 3 are female, and 1 is a hermie. I have the hermie in the garage with about 4 others which are not showing sex yet. So I have them on a short light cycle, so we'll hopefully see what they are soon. I'm pretty sure everything else in the garage is a male though. And they're so small, I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.

So, the bottom line... LST is the Baddest mother kickin it large. 2 medium size females, and 1 little thing. I'll post pics soon.

LST 8/12/08
Looks a lot better now, I'll get some new pics up tomorrow or so.
P1060197a.JPG

Here's the upper node of the LST when it first showed it's sex. 8/12/08
P1060193a.JPG

The 3 Stooges 8/12/08. They're all dead now. That big one was the runt for a long time, then just took off. When I chopped him down, I had that Who song in my head (Won't Get Fooled Again) "meet the new boss, same as the old boss". Because it looked just like my last big male. Had the same fate too.
P1060191a.JPG

Wait till you see the LST now!!! :slide: It still needs a better name... someone help me out!

Back
Top Bottom