Chump's First

yea,you will have to watch your ph level indoors......if you dont your plants will have nutrients lock out.

yea,you will have to watch your ph level indoors......if you dont your plants will have a nutrients lock out

If you're going to use tap water, the conventional suggestion is to let it sit out overnight before use.

This lets the free chlorine dissipate to levels less harmful to the plant ;)

I used it on my last crop. I was tired of making/waiting for R/O water. I used tap water of 230ppm and half a cap of chorine remover in 5 gallons of water. I fill the system up with 20 gallons total. No harm to the plants. I the crop was very good.

I used it on my last crop. I was tired of making/waiting for R/O water. I used tap water of 230ppm and half a cap of chorine remover in 5 gallons of water. I fill the system up with 20 gallons total. No harm to the plants. I the crop was very good.

Thanks for the feedback!

That is very good to know.

Too bad that California just got rated as having the dirtiest tap water in the nation. Heard that on the Conan O'brien show last nite.

But it's still great to know that it worked for you with no ill effects.

How about using that stuff for aquariums that gets rid of chlorine instantly? Is that OK to use with MJ?
I've used the aquarium stuff too and the ladies seemed to like it just fine. I did most of my watering this way because I usually forgot to set a bucket out the day before.

I also have a fish tank. I vacuum the gravel in the tank during partial water changes. I use this water to water the ladies as well. My thinking is that I'm giving them a little boost of N from the fish waste. They appear to like this as well.

I've used the aquarium stuff too and the ladies seemed to like it just fine. I did most of my watering this way because I usually forgot to set a bucket out the day before.

I also have a fish tank. I vacuum the gravel in the tank during partial water changes. I use this water to water the ladies as well. My thinking is that I'm giving them a little boost of N from the fish waste. They appear to like this as well.

Thanks for that second data point, PotPie!

I was rumaging through some boxes in my garage and I found some aquarium stuff. Tropical fish are another hobby I love, although I haven't had a tank set up for quite a while. Anyhoo, I found this bottle of stuff I used to use to get rid of chlorine and started wondering if it would work OK for growing.

When you add the aquarium sediment, you're adding not just nutes, but also lots of beneficial bacteria if you've got a healthy ecosystem going. The most concentrated colonies of bacteria are going to be in your filter medium. If you use spongy filter media, put it in a bowl of water and squish it for a while. Good stuff.

...When you add the aquarium sediment, you're adding not just nutes, but also lots of beneficial bacteria if you've got a healthy ecosystem going. The most concentrated colonies of bacteria are going to be in your filter medium. If you use spongy filter media, put it in a bowl of water and squish it for a while. Good stuff.
Thanks for the info. I hadn't even considered the additional benefit of beneficial bacteria. Win, win.

Updated pics! 9/24/09

P1060390a.JPG

Check this out!

P1060387a.JPG

P1060389a.JPG

P1060388a.JPG

Here's our 3 smaller plants, this is a bad pic.

P1060392a.JPG

And here's the top of the smallest plant.

P1060394a.JPG

Cool. You'll have a great harvest ;)

Thanks I hope so, I'm down to the last little bit of my stash. And my partner says we're not buying any more. I hope that big girl is done soon.

I was talking to my Dad, and asked him about the frost. And he said it's great, it makes them bloom faster. I was worried about the frost killing them, he said it will just make them do their thing better. He's also is flushing his. I'm still giving the smaller ones the blooming food.

He said he's got a cure technique that takes 2 days. Maybe I'll try it on a couple buds, just to hold me over. But I'll probably take the proper time with the rest.

Hi Ms. chump stain I've just read your journal and it's really an informative one:goodjob:
I still have the pictures of the execution in my mind. Ugh! lol
Don't want too make you mad.lol
You have had some good advise from every one and a Dad to be proud of:yummy:
I've also noticed you talk with much more confidence than in the begining.
It happens to us all:surf:
The indoor grow will be a little more controlled, but with you at the helm I don't think you'll have any problems with your gained experince and all the help you'll be getting.;)
Your doing great. Fun isn't it? :peace:

Back
Top Bottom