Chump's First

Here is the latest pic, from just a few minutes ago.
Still not quite looking like a bunch of green bananas, but I guess it might be male pre-flowers though?

P1060094a.JPG

but I guess it might be male pre-flowers though?
That's my best guess too. The LST plant is coming along nicely, and the little ones seem to be dominated by your bigboy. I wouldn't kill the big plant yet though, It's not going to pollinate anything. Males mature faster than females so hopefully you'll see some female preflowers in a few days :)

Ya I believe it is. If I were you I'd keep him growing for a while to see how big it gets. But kill it before it starts flowering. Those are just preflowers correct?
I don't know. That's why I'm posting the pics, so somebody can tell me what's going on. But it's looking male to me, I think. I'll give it a couple days, but I think it's going in the fire pit. I want to at least smell him burn.

I'm pretty sure it's male, but I also think it's best to wait until 100% obvious. This may be why people are holding back - still not undeniable but highly probable there's a BBQ in that plant's future. It's not going to hurt anything to wait a bit more at this stage.

Just my opinion

they almost look like new shoots starting from the nodes it is possible to be a pod tho ide wait to see if they turn into leaves or pods tho. does it look like a completly closed in pod or is there tiny little leves on the end of it ?

they almost look like new shoots starting from the nodes it is possible to be a pod tho ide wait to see if they turn into leaves or pods tho. does it look like a completly closed in pod or is there tiny little leves on the end of it ?
You're seeing what I'm seeing. They just look like little green specks of nothing with the naked eye. That last pic, is a macro shot zoomed in. I don't see any leaves. But yeah, I'm going to wait a few days and see how it shapes up.

^ Agreed. I'd wait just to make sure. ;-)

Agreed 100%!!! I had two plants that were looking just like that so I pulled them.Started some new ones and had one looking exactly the same.I let it go to make sure and guess what?Turned out to be a girl.Ah well,live an learn eh?:peace:

Kind of tricky with this balcony grow. I have neighbors on every side of me, but good thing is, it's pretty private for anything below 4 feet or so. So it wont bother me too much to scrap that big one, cause it draws a lot of attention. Already too many of my friends have seen it when they come over. It's impossible to hide! But this goes to show, that you can grow outdoors with minimal privacy, if you're smart about it. Now I got to get that perscription! It cost's a $150 I guess.

New pics, after the rain.
7/26/09
Possibly male planted appox. 5/1/09
P1060109a.JPG

Upper node
P1060120a.JPG

LST unknown sex planted approx. 5/10/09
P1060114a.JPG

2nd tallest, possibly male planted approx. 5/20/09
P1060112a.JPG

Upper node
P1060121a.JPG

2 youngest unknown sex, planted approx. 6/1/09
P1060111a.JPG

Yes, I'm going to wait a little longer to make sure of the males before scrapping them. I went on the web and looked at some mature male plants, just to see what they look like. And I think I need to wait a little while longer for sure.
They all love the rain we've been getting, they're growing so nicely! :cheer:

mine are also loving the rain and even if it does become male at least you have learned to tell the difference

Back
Top Bottom