CKS Purple Kush Grow

You can build a 5 cob system for $325 Canadian. Less if you're in the us because shipping is less.
That's 50,000 lumens at 200w consumption. That's 30% brighter than a 400w, 30,000 Lumen HPS with 50% less electrical consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sounds kinda expensive, but IDK...I really don't.
I do know see all sorts of folks her and they be talk'n up they COB's ...

so I guess my n00b question is; Is the main advantage "lower heat production" from your lighting unit?

Because it seems like most people use several different spectrum of lighting in these home-made fixtures
And most pre-made LED fixtures seem to focus on providing different specta bulbs in the same unit, all low heat profile and for less $

Lower heat, better PAR, More Lumens and half the wattage.
This is one of those things that's "across the board" better.

250lm/w? ;}}

Probably not that high. Still don't know exactly how many watts this thing sucks out of the wall with all 5 COBs running. Just waiting for more heatsinks and I'm gonna have to buy a new kill-a-watt meter.
Probably closer to 150 Lm/w.

Going by the chip spec's at 1050mA. We're looking at 38.2w per cob x5=191w
6348Lm per. On x5=31,740Lm
31,740/191=166.17 Lm/w
Not bad for a system that only draws 191w per rail.
With 2 rails that should give me 63,484 Lm @ 382w

Not bad as a 400w HPS only puts out 30,000 Lm.

I would have tried the HLG 240H-C1400 but it only has 143V available. Can't even run 4 COBs with that.

Best thing about cobs is you can move them around to promote bud growth in specific areas.
420-magazine-mobile1496790321.jpg
420-magazine-mobile849193470.jpg

Feb 1st
Plants have started consuming their leaves and dropping older foliage as expected.
I will start feeding it 15ml/gal EJ Bloom. Buds are forming nicely.
420-magazine-mobile158035242.jpg
420-magazine-mobile37620319.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1663449717.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1910713113.jpg

I got brown/red spotting on my leaves too and looked ugly, thought it was a deficiency or something, good to know it's something that happens when they start to flower.

First grow: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

Not every plant does that. It's more common with plants that have had a long vegetative period. Usually that's a sign that your Potassium is low and it's time to start adding your bloom nutrient. Make sure you don't confuse "old foliage dropping off" for "Potassium deficiency". One is normal, the other will ruin your crop.
If the brown spots start spreading to new growth without you adding ANY nutrients, it's a PK deficiency. If you're giving it nutrients and the brown spots appear and then spread, that's pH lockout and your plant is cannibalizing itself for the stored PK in the leaves. Flush with water until new unaffected foliage forms

Not every plant does that. It's more common with plants that have had a long vegetative period. Usually that's a sign that your Potassium is low and it's time to start adding your bloom nutrient. Make sure you don't confuse "old foliage dropping off" for "Potassium deficiency". One is normal, the other will ruin your crop.
If the brown spots start spreading to new growth without you adding ANY nutrients, it's a PK deficiency. If you're giving it nutrients and the brown spots appear and then spread, that's pH lockout and your plant is cannibalizing itself for the stored PK in the leaves. Flush with water until new unaffected foliage forms

I think I may have had ph lockout in that case, if you see early on my journal plus you still see the aftermath now of the younger leaves up top getting spotted and dry.

My ph was always slightly high, don't think my ratios of additives and stuff were correct, or I didn't let it cook for long enough. Was close enough to the end to not flush and just let it be as it progressed quite slow of over a period of 3 weeks I think, plus I was in Thailand and my friend wasn't expected to do such a job of flushing. It happened predominantly on my right plant which now has considerably bigger buds than the left plant. Strange haha

First grow: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

Back
Top Bottom