CLOJ Goes Coco! Mandala Speed Queen - Drip to Waste

Re: CLOJ Goes Coco! *Mandala Speed Queen* - Drip to Waste

:popcorn: Just randomly scanned all the Journals in Progress and found yours. Glad I did. Don't know the medium, so it will be new for me too.

Since the medium is opaque, that should allow for the clear containers since roots don't like light, right? That is how I understand it, so I wonder if the light will prune the roots before they hit the container walls. That could stop the roots from spinning in the pots.

Munki! Glad you stopped by! :welcome:

I'm actually not sure if light will prune the roots. I just consulted my Cervantes Grow Bible and it says that roots that recieve light will turn green and uptake nutes less efficiently.
So, my plan will be to cover the containers with some foil to block out the light. I want those roots working to their full potential!

:peace:Bro!!!

Iv got 50kgs of Coco my self, im yet to use it but im looking forward to it. ill hang around here to see how you go with it :D

StewyandShan! Thanks for stopping by! Yea, I'm excited to see how the coco works out too. Feel free to ask for more details if I forget to provide enough as the grow progresses.

:peace::peace:

does foil not cause problems with hps ? maybe some mylar or tape ? nice system tho dude nice to see some fellow coco growers around :peace:

Hey Golden Girl! Good call with the foil and potential heat issues!..I didn't think about that. But seeing that I have lots of tin foil and no mylar or opaque tape, I'll run a test in to see how the foil handles the hps.

So you're growing in coco? I'll have to stop by your grow! I havn't seen very many coco grows to make comparisons or take notes. :popcorn:

:roorrip: Thanks!

Look high and low for Coco Grows atm, after following bubble grows for ages then a break, and no im moving into Coco threads since that is what me mate and I are doing.

My mates pro, but its hard to get photos of his stuff being he lives miles away.

Anyways, check out my mite infested/half nuked/20gram plant lol that i finished not long ago....

first grow i ever did indoors so its not very impressive, I will start another when the seedlings arrive, ive also got a cupboard being made apparently cause my current closet is a piece of absolute scrap to grow in, so hopefully that'll arrive soon too.

subscribed plus reps 4 ya

Look high and low for Coco Grows atm, after following bubble grows for ages then a break, and no im moving into Coco threads since that is what me mate and I are doing.

My mates pro, but its hard to get photos of his stuff being he lives miles away.

Anyways, check out my mite infested/half nuked/20gram plant lol that i finished not long ago....

first grow i ever did indoors so its not very impressive, I will start another when the seedlings arrive, ive also got a cupboard being made apparently cause my current closet is a piece of absolute scrap to grow in, so hopefully that'll arrive soon too.

subscribed plus reps 4 ya

Thanks for checking in MilkMan!

Coco is a pretty cool medium. I can definitely see the speed of growth compared to my last soil grows. I'm hoping for some great results...if so, I'll be sticking with coco for a long while.

I'll take a read through your grow.

Thanks brotha!:peacetwo:

Small update...

Today the speed queen babies are exactly 2 weeks old. Everything seems to be going perfectly. I was thinking that I'd let them veg to 16"-18" before I flip to 12/12. Couple more weeks to go...

Here's some pics:

The group of 9
CanonRebel_2202.PNG

my biggest
CanonRebel_2212.PNG

middle of the bunch
CanonRebel_2222.PNG

Thanks...;)

Well my hempy cups are far behind your grow for sure! My seedlings when they get to 2 weeks will look like your 1 week old seedlings! Great job CLOJ! Mine are picking up steam now as I am learning from my mistakes.

Looking great! Really liking the colors :)

SG

Very nice!

Looks like they're doing great in the coco.

Well my hempy cups are far behind your grow for sure! My seedlings when they get to 2 weeks will look like your 1 week old seedlings! Great job CLOJ! Mine are picking up steam now as I am learning from my mistakes.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!! They do seem to be very happy in their coco home :slide:

Munki - Totally. I've been very suprised at the rate of growth compared to my last soil grows. They are at least a week's growth bigger than I was expecting! I'm starting to dig the effectiveness of hydro!
I'm excited to see how your hempy cups work out...I've heard great things about hempy.

:tokin:

Thanks for the kind words everyone!! They do seem to be very happy in their coco home :slide:

Munki - Totally. I've been very suprised at the rate of growth compared to my last soil grows. They are at least a week's growth bigger than I was expecting! I'm starting to dig the effectiveness of hydro!
I'm excited to see how your hempy cups work out...I've heard great things about hempy.

:tokin:

My cups are growing quickly now. Check them out over at my Munki's Playground thread in my SIG. I think there is an initial delay in above soil growth while the roots seek out the water. Once established, the leaf growth takes off. I looked in my tent this morning and my bagseeds are now finally growing upwards and looking more like your Coco grown seedlings.

I'll check them out for sure! Makes sense that that they focus on the root growth until they hit the water resevoir...then they can support rapid growth.

Thanks for stopping by Munki!!

I'll check them out for sure! Makes sense that that they focus on the root growth until they hit the water resevoir...then they can support rapid growth.

Thanks for stopping by Munki!!

Yep. I imagine it like building a house. No matter how big the building, you always start with a solid foundation.

UPDATE!

Ok, so, not much new to update. Today the babies are at 3 weeks from seed. They are growing steadily, and looking great. I really like the uniformity of the plants so far...besides the runt, the others are all nearly identical in their growth. Props to Mandala!! :cheer:
At this time next week I plan to be moving them into the flower cabinet. I don't think I'll know sexes by then, so I plan to keep a sharp eye and them weed out as they appear. More updates then!

Week 3 pics:

CanonRebel_2223.PNG

CanonRebel_2213.PNG

CanonRebel_2243.PNG

CanonRebel_2203.PNG

CanonRebel_2232.PNG

That's it for now. Thanks everybody!! :ganjamon:

Wow what a pretty green, great node spacing too! Good job brother! :cool:

SG

Thanks Sanibel!

They are definitely a cool shade of green...kinda like a light minty green. Dunno if that's the strain trait, or if they want more food? They look happy and healthy, so I'm leaning more towards strain trait.
I'm happy with the node spacing too. I've been keeping the T5 a good 12-14 inches off the canopy. I wanted to let them stretch just a little bit so as not to have those reallly tight stacked nodes that are common with the indicas. Sometimes it seems as though they are too tight and hinder air flow and light penetration around the center of the plants.

Thanks again for stopping by! :peace:

Nice....I need you to come over and help me with a drip set up like yours:) I will be in on this one....looking good brotha! Wish I could give you some +reps....I will spread some around first and I will come back:thumb:

Thanks brotha! Yea, I can show you how to set up the drippers...it's a really easy setup.

:smokin:

Let's play Guess that Deficiency!!

I noticed a few spots on 2 of my babies leaves today. Definitely looks like it could be the beginning of a problem. I want to get it corrected as soon as possible!

Can anyone identify them? I did some research, and it kinda looks like a magnesium def...not sure though.

CanonRebel_2214.PNG

Any advise is surely welcome!

Back
Top Bottom