CLOJ Goes Coco! Mandala Speed Queen - Drip to Waste

Holy Sh*t, CLOJ! Those queens are fattening up like crazy. You have your coco skills dialed in for sure! :bravo:

I fall in love again, when I see 40 day Queens this fat and frosty!
Try this: clip a small tip from a top of cola sugar leaf. Glass those trichs.
I think harvest time is when old trich degradation rate gains ground on new formation.
All clear turn cloudy when dry. :peace:

Thanks Propa-G!! Good info about the trichs...I'll be checking them often until they peak. They look so good I want to sample them already, but I'll wait till they're fully done. Will power!!!

Holy Sh*t, CLOJ! Those queens are fattening up like crazy. You have your coco skills dialed in for sure! :bravo:

Munki!! Thanks for checking in :) And for the kind words :) But, truth be told, these plants have great genetics. They grow like crazy and are super healthy!! I will definitely be buying more Mandala strains in the future!

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice ;)

Thanks SS :)

Quick update:

Trichs are looking great today. Almost all cloudy. I will be halting the nutes, to yellow them up a bit before CHOP! Just water and brer rabbit till the end :)

Fantastic buddy, it's like your coming back from a long trip and your finally turning in the driveway!

Get your fingers in shape for the work ahead!

Woodsman! Thanks for stopping by my friend!! :)

Yup, we're on the home stretch! It's the time when I can't stop opening the cab doors to bask in the girls' beauty and aroma. :yummy: I'm definitely excited for this harvest time. Doing my finger exercises as we speak :slide:

woooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love chop day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much molasses are you using per gallon?

Thanks SS! I'll be sure to take lots of pics during the process. For the molasses, I'm using about 1.5 tbs/gal. Not exact though. I just pour for a couple seconds and eyeball it.

Amazing stuff,thats a once a day feeding Im leaning towards a top feed system. I have the same light. Love your show!
Great job

Hi wifecaretaker! Thanks for looking in on my grow! Yea, I definitely think the daily feeding with coco is the way to go. This grow has been my best so far, and I give most of the credit to the coco. Unlike soil, I never had to be worried if I was underwatering or overwatering, or having any ph issues. Just mix my nutes and water once a day!

Damn...great looking plants!

Thanks j6s6u6!! :hookah:

I was mistaken about H&G Cocos having no coco specific competetors, Canna makes well-regarded coco nutes. I suspect that our plants don't care, and will continue with different nutrient regimes to find out.

Your excellent results so far with a basic DIY set-up are enviable.
Gentleman, sharpen your shears!

I was mistaken about H&G Cocos having no coco specific competetors, Canna makes well-regarded coco nutes. I suspect that our plants don't care, and will continue with different nutrient regimes to find out.

Your excellent results so far with a basic DIY set-up are enviable.
Gentleman, sharpen your shears!

Yea, I'm very pleased with my setup at the moment. I feel that I've got it pretty 'dialed in' so far...but we'll see how that works out on the next grow with a different plant strain and using the H&G nute line.

I'd also be very interested to see how the Canna Cocos work out. I'll be watching :thumb:

I've got H&G that I'm using in two similar grows. My third box will get a fresh start in two weeks or so.
That run will get only time release fertilizer and tap water.
My H&G mix is about 50 cents/gal., and doubles with shooting powder.
OC prills cost 50 cents/plant for the entire grow!

I've got H&G that I'm using in two similar grows. My third box will get a fresh start in two weeks or so.
That run will get only time release fertilizer and tap water.
My H&G mix is about 50 cents/gal., and doubles with shooting powder.
OC prills cost 50 cents/plant for the entire grow!

I applaud your experimental endeavor! I'll be eagerly awaiting your results with the OC! At that price it would be a no-brainer choice if you can achieve comparable results to the spendy nutes. :goodluck:

Very impressive grow CLOJ! That last sequence of pics is magazine cover worthy!
I'm diggin on the coco! I'm thinking of trying it out myself in a waterfarm, a drip system similar to yours but with slabs, or an ebb n flo. I kinda blew thru your journal this morning so I'll have to go back and reread some posts before I hit you up with some questions.
Outstanding work Rasta! Live Up! :Rasta:

Very impressive grow CLOJ! That last sequence of pics is magazine cover worthy!
I'm diggin on the coco! I'm thinking of trying it out myself in a waterfarm, a drip system similar to yours but with slabs, or an ebb n flo. I kinda blew thru your journal this morning so I'll have to go back and reread some posts before I hit you up with some questions.
Outstanding work Rasta! Live Up! :Rasta:

Thanks Bandit! You are too kind! Well I have nothing but good things to say about my coco experience...I recommend that you give it a go. And, if you do end up doing a grow in coco, please journal it. I would love to see how it performs in an ebb n flo, or other hydro type drip system.
Thanks again! Jah Guide!!:Rasta:

Hey everyone >>

I harvested my Queens last night at 49 days! Everything was looking GREAT - almost all cloudy trichs with a few sparce ambers. I spent most of last night watching movies and trimming my Queen's beautiful dense buds. :yummy:

Everything is up and drying for now. Next week sometime, I will be back for a smoke report and some final photos for this journal! :tokin:

A Queens last glamor shot..lol
SQ1.PNG

SQ2.PNG

..a big cola
SQ3.PNG

just hangin with my buds!
SQ4.PNG

Thanks everyone! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom