Clones always dying Help!

PEOPLEZ

OK here my problem..... I have nycd and great white shark going. Now I have these two Lil battery operated l.e.d lights on my clones. I have clipped four clones at a time, dipped them in cloning solution. Then into damped rockwool cubes. In three days I go look and their all dead. I repeat the process again and same thing happens all dead. What am I doing wrong?
IMG_20121117_081022.jpg

What kind of water are you using? are you using any nutrients or additive?

I probably would suggest getting a regular cfl bulb...a 26w or higher would be fine, and getting rid of those LEDs...

On the larger fan leaves, cut strait across the leaf and take the top 1/3 of the leaf off with clean scissors...since the plants don't have roots, they can't keep up with the water needs of big leaves...this may help..

As soon as you take your cuttings, have a cup of distilled or r/o water right next to you and immediately put the cuttings in the water. The longer they sit in the open air, the more possibliity of them uptaking an air bubble which will kill them. take them straight from the cup to your rooting gel/solution and then right to the cubes.

I've never used rockwool but have had success with the root riot soil/peat pellets.

Also I usually will cut on a 45 degree angle after I remove them from the cup of water, and make a few cuts along the stem to scar the tissue and scrape away a little of the outside layer, then I dip in gel and to the root plugs they go...so far I usually have about a 80% success rate doing this..

Make sure you have plenty of humidity in your grow area.. clones dont have roots yet so they humidity will prevent them from drying out and dying...

I've also read that if you take clones from the lower portion of the plant, supposedly there is more concentration of rooting hormone in the plant, so the rate of success is higher. Now I don't know how true it is,but I've always done it and had good results.

not sure what else to suggest but someone will probably chime in.

i have a similar problem peoplez.. ive read every thread containing info on this i can find, but have screwed up about 15 or so nice looking clippings..
cheers for the tip on the lower portion of the plant to icemud.. kinda makes sense.. back to the grow room i think for another run of trial and hopefully not error.

The growing enviroment for clones is quite important !

We might be able to call this a micro enviroment which needs plenty of warmth & humidity...

Temps between 26c to 32c should be more than fine & a high humidity level 80% plus is good & mist once a day to keep up RH :thumb:

Lighting regime 24/0, 18/6, 16/8 or even GLR will work just fine.

I use 125w gaint cfl 6400k, heated propergating mat & a standard propergator.

Trim cutting below a node at an angle, remove any large leafs and trim smaller leafs by 50% to lower cutting/clone transpiration which helps keep what little moisture in the young clone.

0021049.JPG

Plenty of humidity nice 'n' steamy...

003995.JPG

Rooting hormone can be used if desired but not totally necessary... some strains can be more difficult to clone than others tho !

I produce clones for a living and get 100% success, i cant even remember the last time one didnt root. Just saying that so u know im not a noob at this.

The advice uve been given is sound so far. Dont scar the stem or scrape, ive found from experience if a cutting failled it was always the ones i did this too, i dont know why, but just my experience. If possible u could look to build or buy a small aerocloner and if u have healthy cuttings they will root i guarantee it.

Normally when a cutting dies its either because they are too wet or too dry. Make sure u clean vlade with alcohol or other disinfectant before taking cuts and make sure its a sharpe blade. Straight into water when u have made cut, the strip any unwanted foliage of and cut large leaves in half, then make a fresh cut at 45degrees and dip back in water then place in moist but not soaking cube. i dont use hormones i think they are a waste of money and make zero difference. i used to use gels and powders but now i just use plain tap water and get no failures. Try changing leds for cfl's but i doubt that is the issue as cuttings dont need strong light, they prefer gentle light. Light on either 24-7 or 18-6. try adding a heat mat under propagation tray. u want high humidity and warm temps.

Thanx everybody for the input. I went out and brought two cfl lights one 25w n one 100w giving me a total of 125w plus a little heat for humidity. I just put in some new fresh clones so lets see what happens.

Clones are mini satan spawns. I have conclusive evidence that there is infact a clone devil who gos around randomly picking out individuals to tamper with and make their clones never root. You may be one of the unlucky few who have been targeted. I know I am.

Back
Top Bottom