Cloning

What happened?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Should these be ok Bill? Hydrometers and the humidity packs.

Screenshot_20221022_092400_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20221022_092352_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Hey Bill. I have 1 hydrometer that hangs in the tent throughout the grow. Or are you referring to the little individual ones to put inside each jar?

just get the cheap little plastic round ones. they'll just fit inside a standard mason jar mouth.

They're pretty cheap in bulk so I run the salt test on all my hygrometers so I know how far off they are. I posted instructions in this thread here.

they'll read slightly different from each other even in the store packet lol

i usually discard any that have an extreme variance. the majority should be close or spot on. any others that have a slight variance i will mark on the back with a sharpie with a +/- and the % number. i'm looking at two that have a 10% difference right now lol

What happened?

ssssshhhhh lol

From the forum guidelines: Unfortunately, we do not allow public discussions of previously banned members.

you just wind up paddling in troubled waters

Ya I was quite surprised how much I got. 6 full racks. I trimmed everything, so no hanging of branches and trimming later. Once I started I thought just keep going and get it done. 10 hours of trimming, fingers are sore, lol. Now I just got to follow your instructions and not screw up the drying and curing.

IMG_20221023_210252.jpg

IMG_20221023_210236.jpg

IMG_20221023_211308.jpg

Cut and trimmed today. 4 full bins of buds and still half of the last plant to go 7.6 lbs wet.

IMG_20221023_192508.jpg

IMG_20221023_192456.jpg

IMG_20221023_121242.jpg

IMG_20221023_192706.jpg

IMG_20221023_130725.jpg

IMG_20221023_192858.jpg
Woohooo :woohoo: absolutely fantastic.
Great buds, and cool colors.
Congrats Amigo. :yahoo:
Hope you have a great day. :ciao:

Stay safe

Nice haul! Turkey bags will cut so much time off the burping process! I burped 3 turkey bags:

Rather than 8 jars:

They're sealed up for the cure.
I have the hydrometers and humidity packs on order. The buds have been in the jars and burped twice a day now for the last couple days. It's hard to tell what the humidity of the jars are at without the meters. I guess my questions are, since the jars and burping has been going on for a couple days now and probably another 3-4 days until the meters and humidity packs arrive. When they arrive can I throw one of each in the jars and stop the daily burping and go to once a week burping? How often now that your jars have the humidity packs in them are you burping?

How often now that your jars have the humidity packs in them are you burping?
Never!

I recently did a write up on my whole drying/burping/curing process, so let me repost it here:

I give my harvests air for the first 21 days after chop. Ideally that's 7 days hanging, 7 days of twice daily burping, and 7 days of once daily burping, though if they come off the lines early the entire process remains 21 days.

Then I seal them for curing with Boveda 62s for at least another 3 weeks before anyone gets a taste!

Keep in mind that the burping process is not just to get the flowers down to 62% from wherever the RH was when they came off the stems, though I've seen a lot of folks do that. The 21 days is important to allow the chlorophyll to outgas after harvest. In a dry area the flowers might get down to 62% in a week, and if you seal them at that point there won't be any more fresh air getting in, making the cure much less successful.

Incorrect drying/burping/curing is often why folks think their buds are harsh when they smoke them, and blame "leftover nutes in the flowers at harvest" for that. Turns out they're just messing up the last step.

Never!

I recently did a write up on my whole drying/burping/curing process, so let me repost it here:

I give my harvests air for the first 21 days after chop. Ideally that's 7 days hanging, 7 days of twice daily burping, and 7 days of once daily burping, though if they come off the lines early the entire process remains 21 days.

Then I seal them for curing with Boveda 62s for at least another 3 weeks before anyone gets a taste!

Keep in mind that the burping process is not just to get the flowers down to 62% from wherever the RH was when they came off the stems, though I've seen a lot of folks do that. The 21 days is important to allow the chlorophyll to outgas after harvest. In a dry area the flowers might get down to 62% in a week, and if you seal them at that point there won't be any more fresh air getting in, making the cure much less successful.

Incorrect drying/burping/curing is often why folks think their buds are harsh when they smoke them, and blame "leftover nutes in the flowers at harvest" for that. Turns out they're just messing up the last step.
My RH in the jars is 70 - 73 now. My question now is, after the 2 weeks of burping can I put the 62% packs in the jars and seal them up or do I have to keep burping until the RH is down to 62% then put the packs in and seal?

My question now is, after the 2 weeks of burping can I put the 62% packs in the jars and seal them up or do I have to keep burping until the RH is down to 62% then put the packs in and seal?
What Azi said, and here's why: The humidity packs (Boveda or other brands) aren't designed to be desiccants or even to move the RH more than a couple of points in either direction. They're meant to maintain stability in an already good environment. Not only that, they can take days to move the RH needle in a jar of buds, and in the meantime the flowers have molded over.

My RH in the jars is 70 - 73 now. My question now is, after the 2 weeks of burping can I put the 62% packs in the jars and seal them up or do I have to keep burping until the RH is down to 62% then put the packs in and seal?
Bodeva packs are for long term storage.
There is no rush to put them in the jars.
What is more important is dropping your rh.
Pour the jar out on a tray for an hour.
Cool dim room, with rh around 60 in the room.
Rejar and check rh.
Do this a few times until your down to 65 ish.
Then regular burping until you hit low 60's.
If it's a little high still after that leave the lid off for a couple hrs.
Once your in the low 60' your fine for a couple months.
If you are going to store your pot for longer than that put in a 62% Bodeva.
It prevents the rh from dropping in the jar.
So in 6 months it's not dust.
Hope that helps.
Take care.

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom