COGrows 400W HPS - Soil - Blue Plant Nutrients

Wait not sure if it still stands the same as bubbler hydro but... if I feed with lower amount of nutes than last weeek wold that cause def?

If you check my latest pics that's my current plants with def and have no idea wats going on they've been. Slowly dying twisting sides curling in to middle. >.< either way the plants look great man

Got some promix today with Mycorrhizae/mycorzine or whatever and transplanted the one in the small pot to a 3gal (definitely root bound, but not bad) and one of the larger ones from a 3gal to a 5gal. It too was just beginning to become root bound. Thanks for the advice Corey, I appreciate the push to get me to do it! The other 3 actually appear to be males, but I don't quite know for sure so I'm going to give it another week or so. And at that time it should be flowering time as well. Hopefully I have more than ONE female...

Fed both of them with 10-10-10 grow, micro, bloom as per the crazy growth. The little one that went into the 3gal is on the front in the left and the larger in the 5gal is on the right. The other two supposed males are in the rear, not getting transplanted because I don't want to waste promix and another pot for a male.
IMG_1039_1_.JPG

IMG_1040_1_.JPG

So, I want to tie down some lower branches on the ones I transplanted to spread out the growth. Will it cause any unneeded stress if I do this before the it's rooted into the new medium? It doesn't seem very stable, and instead of bending on the branches, the whole stalk just moves.

Try to slowly bend them I did mine with my hand picked up pretty easy
I'll have to try and see if that works. What happens when I try to tie it down is it works for a second, but the stalk ends up pulling towards the area I tied down.

Another thing, I was just Bs'ing with the guys at the hydro shop when I got my promix. I was asking more pH questions and this guy had heard of BPN. I was shocked, but anyway, he asked what I keep my pH at and proceeded to tell me to shoot for 6.2, not 6.5. Any idea why he thinks that way? Are there differing opinions? I've been going by this pH chart on BPN's website: Hydroponic ph chart

Anyone have any opinions?

Also on male/female, the ones that I think are males I also think they potentially aren't developed fully. The part I'm trying to see is so small compared to the one I believe to be female, even with my 30x illuminated loupe. On the larger one I transplanted, it has a few bunches of white hairs protruding from the node just below where I topped. The others have what looks like a lump with something sticking out, but some also look like two things are sticking out. Idk, it's hard for me to compare to pictures because I can't see mine close enough.

Nice, thanks man. Just wondering if that's what it was, just an opinion.

But an update, both of the plants that were transplanted turned out to be FEMALES! Sucks that one of the smaller ones was a female, but I think 2 will be plenty for me to handle and try to get the most out of.
Tied down about 4 areas on the right one and just the center stalk on the left one.
IMG_1042_1_.JPG

So, I'm left with the back two, I'm pretty sure they're males, but I'm just not quite sure enough yet to kill them off.

Did you say you were using Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil? I've used that on all my grows (3 ) and never had a soil issue, but if you are having issues I want to keep my eyes out.

Can't wait to see your Flowering, subbed.

I was, and it's not that I really had 'problems' per se. First of all, I over worried about pH, and then when I should have started to feed, I didn't do so soon enough. So, nothing wrong with the soil, just the way I used it. Pretty strong for young seedlings, but nice for a little veg growth. Definitely once I stepped up the nutrients I saw 'Crazy growth'.

I wanted something where I knew what nutrients it contained and could add my own without any guesswork involved as to when to do so. Transplanted the two verified females into promix for this reason.

COgrow said:
I was, and it's not that I really had 'problems' per se. First of all, I over worried about pH, and then when I should have started to feed, I didn't do so soon enough. So, nothing wrong with the soil, just the way I used it. Pretty strong for young seedlings, but nice for a little veg growth. Definitely once I stepped up the nutrients I saw 'Crazy growth'.

I wanted something where I knew what nutrients it contained and could add my own without any guesswork involved as to when to do so. Transplanted the two verified females into promix for this reason.

Good to know, yeah all that stuff can be confusing from the start. I know I'm still working on getting it perfect.

Always rememberr make it your perfect.. not anyone elses only you know yoour plants find a good nute schedule cause you can always slowly increase nute strgth and have incredible growths and yields. Any signs. Of burn dilute but if using organic its hard to burn.. each plants has its own likes, as in some want a lot some want jus a little.. find your plants favorite cycle and stick with it

Always rememberr make it your perfect.. not anyone elses only you know yoour plants find a good nute schedule cause you can always slowly increase nute strgth and have incredible growths and yields. Any signs. Of burn dilute but if using organic its hard to burn.. each plants has its own likes, as in some want a lot some want jus a little.. find your plants favorite cycle and stick with it

Yeah, you're definitely right. Once I get all the nuances down this grow, number two will be much easier. I won't be worried about temperature, soil drainage, watering, nutrients, etc... I can go straight to observing for anything going wrong while I prep for a Scrog. The best part about that is after this grow, I won't need to spend a dime on anything besides water and electricity for another grow. Barring certain circumstances of course, because we all know our list of stuff we need for growing is never ending. Well, at least mine has been (I want a veg room/area...).

I appreciate you viewing, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to determine the sex on the other two. As the night goes on and I haven't been looking at them, I'm starting to believe myself that the other two are males. So we'll see...

True. It is never ending I will be building a second room for a single plant soil. :goodjob:Setup with some cfls dual spectrum prob 2 blue 2 red, and ill be using BPN part of the reason I started watching, actually just ordered some of their 2 part hydro nutes as well to replace my pain in the ass ones.. and id like you to check my soil one once I get it started.. maybe a while but can't wait its gonna be my love plant.. lol extra special care.. and the plants are looking better every day good job so far can't wait to see the finish

True. It is never ending I will be building a second room for a single plant soil. :goodjob:Setup with some cfls dual spectrum prob 2 blue 2 red, and ill be using BPN part of the reason I started watching, actually just ordered some of their 2 part hydro nutes as well to replace my pain in the ass ones.. and id like you to check my soil one once I get it started.. maybe a while but can't wait its gonna be my love plant.. lol extra special care.. and the plants are looking better every day good job so far can't wait to see the finish

Thanks man, I definitely appreciate your input and you being subbed to my journal. And I'll definitely check out your soil grow once you get it going. I don't know much now, but we'll see what happens then!

Back
Top Bottom