COGrows 400W HPS - Soil - Blue Plant Nutrients

Short stuff has some auto flowering tall plants super stinky and something else lol they get like 7 feet tall but from seed only like 100 I'm pretty sure just google them.. anlso have shorter ones as in 2 feet tall yield around 35gs finish in 7weeks to 9weeks from seed

Nice, thanks man I'll check into those.

Came into the room this morning and the two suspected males needed a watering. Well, I checked them out more and one was found to be a for sure male, no other way it could go, so I killed it. It was liberating, because my girlfriend's ring got lost in one of the buckets and we were hoping to find it... nothing, so it's obviously in the last pot we have left, or within the roots of the big female I already transplanted.

Speaking of the large female I already transplanted, she's about 14 to 15 inches tall and about 6 tops are tied down and outwards to open up the middle. Will be flowering within the next day or two, just as soon as I can find out the last one's gender.

Well, did a little more tying down on the main mother as we'll call her. Looking wide and bushy, even after a day in the new promix I'm already seeing nice growth. No transplant shock here.

Onto the last two with unknown genders. First up, the small guy I just transplanted into promix because I was pretty sure it was a female, well, take a look at these pictures. I checked and saw signs of female pistils on the node below where I topped, then today I checked the node below that and it looks to be a male... pod with something sticking out.
First plant just put into promix, showing female signs at the top
IMG_1056_1_.JPG

Same spot with a different lighting
IMG_1058_1_.JPG

Same plant again, not the best picture, but this is the next node below the one pictured above. Looks like male to me?
IMG_1057_1_.JPG

Second plant, still in 3gal FFOF. Looks for sure to be a male to me. What do you guys think? Same spot is pictured in both pictures
IMG_1059_1_.JPG

IMG_1062_1_.JPG

The one could be a hermi.. and the last 2 are kinda blurry can't forreal tell not an expert obviously lol, but if you see ball sacs its a male some plants take a bit longer to show sex but you should be fine as long as no males during flowering..

Yeah, they are kinda blurry. It's hard to get it in focus using a loupe an my phone to take the picture. But, the last three of the suspected male all have little nubs with something sticking out of it.

So the female pistils will come directly out of the node or internode or whatever it's called? It won't be coming out of a pod/ball/nub that develops in the node or internode? Thus, if I see this pod/ball/nub, it's a male and can be discarded? I ask because the one I killed was one hundred percent a male, but the last one that I think is a male has a little different pod/ball/nub thing. The protruding thing is much smaller, or even coming from the bottom of the pod/ball/nub and not the top.

And now I'm just more confused. Thought I had 2 females for sure, but now one could be a hermi. At this point, was there anything I did that could have caused this? Only thing I could think of is not being completely light proof. I didn't really worry about it during veg, and I am completely prepared to be light proof for flower.

Well if it is a hermi they are just sprouted tht way pretty positive.. but id give the ones another day or two before you make a cut you don't want to.. especially if some had def.. it could of causse to stunt a day or two being it wouldn't show sex as fast. Don't over think it.. don't copy me word for word my knowledge is from research I suggest do the same see exactly how the males form from the males.. as well as hermis.. uyou can never do too much research.. because sometimes you get thoses before another node forms for a leaf so and so, just make sure your positive abouth anything before you snip it.. from what I learned so far 1 is patience.. take your time relate it to a few photos if you have to

Don't chuck it until you see male parts and are sure what it is. It won't produce pollen for at least a few weeks so you be safe with it in there for a couple at least.
The only reason it's such a big deal for me is because I don't want to transplant it into a bigger pot and use more promix just to toss it out in another week. But then again, it's probably getting root bound.

I don't know, I'm thinking I still have 2 females and the last one I think just needs a little more time.

Big thanks for getting that Liquid Blue Bloom Booster out so quick, Corey. I appreciate it. Great customer service man. I ordered it tonight and, upon my request, he's getting it boxed up and ready to go... right now. Big thanks again, man. My plants and myself greatly appreciate what you do and the service you provide.

Edit: and chode, all of my research has given me an idea, but the pictures on the internet are sometimes hard to see. But now that I went back in and studied my female plant more, and compared to the male I am positive of and chopped I think it could still just use more time to show on the last one. And hopefully the one that looks 'hermi' is just underdeveloped and will show more female parts as it gets larger in it's new pot.

Corey is the shit ::)) grreat customer service my packages will be here tomorrow and will be adding my BPN tomorrow after I get off cantt wait!!!!

Yeah dude, for the price of his 3 part, I could have only gotten like a third of my nutrients from any other company. And not only that, you're not cheaping out on the quality. From what I've seen with everyone else they're great, and then after using them myself I think they're awesome. Once I finally threw in 10-10-10 grow, micro, bloom my plants seriously took off. I can't wait to see what they do in flower and with the liquid blue. I'm so glad I could order it now and rely on it being here in time for me to start flowering. Great stuff. I love knowing that I'll have enough for years of more grows. Not really sure how much I'll end up using for this grow, but I filled 3 small containers with about a cup and a half each of grow, micro and bloom and I think that'll be more than enough for this grow.

And soil is pricey sometimes but you'd rather have another good plant than a wasted one... id rather waste some soil than a plant that you put love and time into they are your babys!!!

And soil is pricey sometimes but you'd rather have another good plant than a wasted one... id rather waste some soil than a plant that you put love and time into they are your babys!!!

Definitely a great way to think about it. What I was thinking is that if it is a male, I wanna know, and provide all my love and attention to the last ones... Hmm, but now what I think is if it hasn't shown by the time it gets dry enough to transplant, I'm gonna put it in promix and a 5gallon pot.

Another question, I made a mistake and put one of my girls in a 3gal pot when I should have put it in a 5gal. Will it hurt it if I pull it out 2 days after I just transplanted? Should I leave it? I have about 6-9 weeks of flowering ahead of it. It went from a 6" pot to a 3gal pot.

Not sure about the transplant I'm sure as long as it rootballs so you can trans and is same soil you should be ok I mean if u went from tht size to 3gal u have some root space for sure it wouldn't hurt to let it go for a week or so than transplant if ur not sure

2012-03-02_13-29-56_107.jpg
sooo exciteddd just got it!!! runniing RO water now will be changing water in an hour!!

Nice, you'll love it. Once I put in RO water my plants perked right up, helped with a lot of issiues imo. That, and the humidity haha. I can't wait for my liquid blue, I want to start running that with my next watering. We'll see how Corey's great and speedy service lives up this time. Hopefully it's here by the time I water next so it can go in with the crazy growth.

Back
Top Bottom