Colesdad Tries Again - LED - GGG Baby Freedom - Ideal420 Soil - 12/12 From Seed

A quick update. My Sour Diesel auto is being replaced. I looked at the seed today, what little bit of root popped out is brown. So, I just dropped one of these in water today
CAM003841.jpg

Figured I would take pics of my Baby Freedoms while I checking my Diesel seed.
BF#2
CAM003823.jpg

BF#1
CAM00383.jpg

You know what? I haven't looked in my tent for 3 days now, and that's a good thing for me! I re-read my first journal and looked over my notes from my first grow. I had three pages of notes, single spaced. I fretted over everything, literally. I had a freaking tape measure I kept in my closet the first grow, a measured twice a day and just couldn't NOT mess with them. I watered, I took them outside, took tons of pictures, ran around town buying stuff basically driving myself crazy lol.

Anyway, it's been a few days since I put my Jack Herer seed in a cube. The huge barren pot of soil still sits in the tent with a dead seed. This will be the home of Jackie once she gets some growth. See what I did there, Jackie, Jack Herer, get it? I'm a fucking comedic genius, right?

So, I'll get in there after lights on and snap a couple of pics.

How you liking the soil?
Good, I guess. I'm thinking they may have reached the soil by now (started in rockwool). But, still too early to tell :)

I looked at them this morning, nice and green. But I'm going to take pictures later, they are droopy right now. I guess the soil is still pretty wet and lights just came on at 930am. I'm going to wait till they are nice and pretty, no one likes their picture taken right after they wake up lol.

Jackie is here!
CAM00385.jpg

The Ideal soil is still super wet, it's been 3-4 days since watering the baby Freedoms. Up until that time, they were drinking from what water remained in the rockwool. They looked so droopy yesterday that I put them outside around lunch time, it's nice and sunny, nearly 90 yesterday. One of them feel over, I believe because the soil is so wet. Used a ttoothpick to steady her. The lights are still off, so I don't expect any drying to have happened over night.
But, I am happy that Jackie is alive. I'm going to wait until I have roots coming out of the bottom of the cube to put her in a final home.

Okay. Baby freedom #1 is still unable to stand on her own, she currently has a crutch. #2 looks severely over watered also. The soil looks dark and wet in the pictures, but the soil is very dark to begin with. It is drying, it is separating from the cube a little. Temps inside the tent are as high as 84, humidity stays around 40ish. Technically humidity should be higher for these young ones, but im not going to do anything because the soil is so wet. I didn't want to post pictures because they look the way they do, but here they are....
Baby freedom #1
CAM00404.jpg

CAM00403.jpg

looks good besides the white spots. what are they?

From the flash.... I felt stupid because I was moving from room to room and trying the picture with or without the flash each time lol

Yeah, just take care of the and they will come back Colesdad. You may want to consider added like 15 to 20% perlite to you mix for better drainage.

Yeah, you're right, it would for sure help. But I'm using the soil according the directions on the bag so I can give Ideal my feedback. We shall see!

I've heard good things. Got another local recreational grower using it. Grow shop offered me a trial just have too much going on. I'm gonna follow cause I'm interested

Damn. The little ones are done.
Here is my thinking......
This Ideal420 soil is hot to begin with, it comes loaded with nutes, enough to support from start to finish. I've spoke to some people that have had problems starting from seed, the soil seems to work best when starting with a clone. With me putting too much water, too soon, I must have burned them. But, I'm going to do it again, same way except not so much water this time.

I still have Jackie in a dome, her root is hanging about 3 inch out of the cube, tomorrow she goes into a five gallon bucket, with 100% Ideal420 soil, again. The first auto seed I placed in water, waited till it cracked and sunk, and then put in cube and cube into dirt. m Maybe the seed died because the cube absorbed some of the nutes in the soil and it overwhelmed the seed, and pow, dead seed.

So, the plan....
Jackie to be planted in a five gallon, 100% Ideal420 soil, tomorrow.
Each Baby Freedom will be put in a cube after seed sinks, and then live in a dome until the roots grow a few inches. Once that happens, they will be put into the Ideal soil.
Still going to run 12/12 this time.

Picture Baby Freedom #1. Seriously wet, and serious nute burn
CAM004061.jpg
CAM00416-1.jpg

Baby Freedom #2. Very wet, and started to burn on the very edges of the oldest leaves
CAM004092.jpg

Awww. :( Im sorry they didnt make it. Your plan sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom